Wendy's

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Edinboro, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2010.

Interview Details One interview, it went pretty easily. If you seem like a nice person and you come off as wanting to work, you're hired.

Interview Question – There weren't many questions, they just ask about you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in August 2010.

Interview Details First communication coming upon entry to restaurant and requesting application.
Upon completion of application at restaurant, was spoken to on spot.
An in person interview was conducting same day as application. Rather informal interview, especially considering entry level position.

Interview Question – Rather typical interview procedure. Simply inquiring about past experiences, mainly about schooling, since this was a first job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation, considering this is a simple first job with minimum wage pay.

Interviewed at Wendy's

Interview Details -Pretty straightforward- they ask what your schedule is like and if you like to work in a team environment

Interview Question – -Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details Interviewed with one of the assistant manager, he asked me a bunch of scenario questions such as "has there been a time...", "have you ever.. and why...". He was supposed to write down my answers but he let me write it down myself which i would then tell him what i wrote afterwards. Got interviewed by the GM day after, he just asked things such as why do i want to work here, what hours i want, where i go to school, and where i live. Both interviews were very much like a conversation rather than a interview. I don't think all interviews at Wendy's are like this but i'm glad it did to me because i got the job right after. =)

Interview Question – Has someone ever came up to you and asked for help while you were working on something already, if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details Simple questions, such as what you've done as previous work if any, are you able to work with others, and so on.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer complains about a food they've received?   View Answer

Cary, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2014.

Interview Details I received phone/call and e-mail asking me to schedule an interview after I applied online. The manager seemed really eager to talk to me and I thought I would get hired relatively quickly, which didn't happen. Two interviews 3 weeks apart, one with manager and the other with two managers.

Interview Question – None, just common sense situational interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage. No negotiation.

Aurora, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call a week later and came in the next day. I walked in and was asked about my experience, if I'm more capable of working in the kitchen or with customers. No tough questions, I felt I had the job before I walked in.

Interview Question – Fortunately there wasn't a tough question or an unexpected one. My manager was very up front and didn't beat around the bush.   Answer Question

Peachtree City, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wendy's in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, got an email to set up an interview about 4 hours later. Had the interview 2 days later. Interview took less then 10 minutes. He asked when i can start. And because i had another interview the next day i said i would get back to him tommorow. After the interview the next day that i accepted the job at. I went and asked if he was willing to flex it around the hours on the other. He said yes.

Interview Question – "What does your family think of you applying at Wendys?"   Answer Question

Crew Member
Mesa, AZ (US)

Interview Details The process took 4 days. I applied online on Monday and got an e-mail & call on Thursday asking to set up an interview. I was interviewed the next day (Friday) at 3:45. I arrived a little before 3:40 and didn't talk to anyone until 4:10. I ended up just talking to the SM because the GM was swamped with customers by the end of the interview (4:30) I wasn't very hopeful because she said they were looking for someone who could work late on weekdays, as in 2-2:30 am. As I am a high school student, that wasn't possible for me. I got a call 2 days later offering me the job but I turned it down because I was offered a position at Olive Garden while waiting to hear back from Wendy's.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were working in a team and someone wasn't cooperating?
Do you work well in a team?
What hours are you willing to work?
What are your goals after high school/future plans?
  Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in April 2010.

Interview Details Just had 1 interview

Interview Question – Just ask basic interview questions nothing too hard   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wendy's

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wendy's Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wendy's employees and interview candidates.