WestJet

www.westjet.com
  www.westjet.com

WestJet Interview Questions

Customer Service Manager Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest   Answer Question

TAC Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in April 2014.

I'm not sure if there was much judgment going on during the group interview portion. We introduced ourselves to the group and said 2 truths and 1 lie. One of the tasks: Prioritize items to bring on a life raft. Answers in the one-to-one interview were not as important as behaviour. I remained conversational.

Interview Questions
    Not negotiable. Same offer for all new hires as far as I could tell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in March 2014.

Applied on-line on their website on Monday March 24th 2014, on Tuesday the following day got an email inviting me to an interview for that Sat the 29th. Super excited. Researched the company and its routes, A/C and such. The interview process was 3 hours. Started with a group activities and group introductions. there was 26 of us to start with. After the intro's we were split into two groups of 13 people and the first group went to one-on-one intierviews and the second group stayed behind and participated in some group activities.. '60 seconds of fame' - they give you a topic and you have 60 seconds to talk about it - mainly to see your attitude, your language skills and how you handle being put on the spot. Questions could be "you've just hit someone's car in the parking lot but noone saw it - what would you do?" or "you just learned that you've been schedule one extra shift that falls on your day off that you've made big plans for - how do you handle that obsticle?" - Once the people that are doing one-on-one are done then you switch and your one-on-one takes place.
    During that interview they ask behavioral questions... "tell me about a time, that you've had a negative situation and you've made it positive". After all the one-on-one are done the information session takes place. THis is the part where they inform you about the job, how it works, scheduling, how to pick up extra days if you like, days off, bidding, vacation and compensation. They also open the floor for questions so you can ask them to clarify things for you. And that conclude the interview session

Interview Questions
    • 1.Give me an example as to when you've broken an SOP, but believed to be justified?
      2.Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?

View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WestJet.

Electronic Application Submission
    -Recruiting Pre-Screening
    -Manager & Recruiting Review
    -Interviews (don't be alarmed by the casual attire of the recruiter and employees)
    -Follow-up Interviews If Necessary

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for situational behaviour interview questions. Come prepared enough that you have examples of things like "tell me a time when you overcame an obstacle to a required task" or "tell me a time when you didn't agree with someone else and how that played out", etc., etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WestJet.

Group interview - over 100 people. Was very relaxed, fun atmosphere. The WestJet staff were very kind and friendly and the event was actually a lot of fun. We were split into 3 groups and the whole thing lasted at 4 hours. Everyone has a one-on-one interview which is very casual and lasts about 15-20 minutes. They ask me about my customer service experience, why I wanted to work at WestJet and they asked me a few other scenario questions. When back with my group we did different 'games'. One was that everyone had to stand up and say what you would put in a time capsule and why then they would ask you a question and you had to talk about your answer for 60 seconds. Another was a game where you were split into groups and had to connect by hands and untangle yourselves then they questioned you afterwards about who came out as the leader and why, etc... Another involved current flight attendants and you could ask them any questions you had. Then they had an information session where they talked about the pay and job and what in entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario - If you noticed your fellow flight attendant being rude or short with a passenger, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were very busy and were then asked to take on another task, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Or Manager Airport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestJet.

Phone Interview to assess ability and salary match
    A group interview where you work closely with a group on a task and present the end result as a team
     2 interviews in a one on one situation with very in-depth behavioral interview questions. They are watching your body language, presentation of attire and how you answer questions.
    If you do your homework on the culture at Westjet and you are well prepared with viable scenarios that will wow them.. you have a good shot.
    Back ground check and then an offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a project with a team that did not go the way you thought? What was this project and how did you turn this into a positive experience   Answer Question
    Good, No salary increase but offered additional vacation

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WestJet.

Phone interview, group interview, one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • I honeslty can't remember much, but alot of behavioural based questions to see who you really are.   Answer Question
    Salary is very low to start, but rises fast.

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in May 2013.

Online application. Technical examination consisting of 20 questions, one is long form the other 19 are multiple choice. The interview starts with the team introducing themselves and then they ask you to tell them about yourself. Behavioral questions, for example tell me about a time... questions. Presentation, then a scenario based question on conflict resolution.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario: You just completed your external aircraft inspection and when you return to the cockpit, the head flight attendant stops you and begins to berate you in front of the other crew members. He/she is upset that you did not help with the cabin inspection on a quick turn. How do you deal with this? The flight attendant will not let it go and the passengers are boarding.   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in May 2013.

Applied online and got a call after 2 months. Received an interview schedule and it went well. Had invited once more to meet with the entire team. Received an offer for the position but declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • A common question such as situational problem that you had that relates to an environment that you are supporting   Answer Question

Digital Initiatives Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at WestJet in March 2013.

Received the automated 'thanks but no thanks' email after applying online. Less than one week later I was emailed by a recruiter asking if I was interested in talking over the phone. Had a fantastic phone interview with a lady who really does embody what you would expect from a WestJetter: energetic, positive, and helpful. We made arrangements for a face-to-face meeting, which also included the hiring manager and a manager from a related area.

Interview Questions
    • It's a good question, but one that caught me by surprise: What are your favourite e-commerce platforms and why?   View Answer