Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

Deloitte AERS Advisory Summer Internship Interview Question (student candidate)

I interviewed in San Francisco, CA and was asked:
"What is your preferred method of communication? i.e. e-mail, in person, via telephone, etc. If you were working at Deloitte on a project for company XYZ, and one of the employees of XYZ had a piece of data that you needed to complete your project, how would you go about contacting him? If that employee had not responded to your e-mail, voice message, or other efforts how would you go about getting the information?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a AERS Advisory Summer Internship Interview Review - one of 2,820 Deloitte Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes

My answer was to e-mail the employee a second time and follow up with a phone call or voicemail later. My assumption was that the employee was not intentionally avoiding me and would get back to me as soon as he could. My interviewer said that the best way to go about this situation would be to e-mail the employee at XYZ addressing his unresponsiveness and asking again for the information, while cc'ing his boss or manager on the e-mail. This seemed very confrontational, like tattling on the employee, which would have created a negative relationship where one may not have existed before. However, if the employee seemed to be intentionally and repeatedly ignoring e-mails and calls, I can see how resorting to that option would be necessary.

- Interview Candidate on Nov 18, 2012

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Tags are like keywords, helping to categorise interview questions that have something in common.