Whole Foods Market Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.7

Health and Beauty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Thorough screening in order to hire the most suitable person for the role. First, I received a phonecall and was asked a lot of role-specific questions. I also found out more details about the typical day at work. Then I was invited to an informal meeting with other team members. Then I was invited to a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to a person suffering from lack of sleep?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

the interview was very informal and relaxed.Initially you have a group talk and presentation by team members .Then you do your presentation and show your sales skills,if they like you you go through to the interview .Do your research on the company,and suck up.

Regional Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (London, England).

Interview

Applying thru the new "WFM-Employment 2013-Job-Search" process was only informational as I had to apply internally to get the interview, otherwise the response from that chain was fruitless. 1. Phone initial screening by a regional ATL, 2. 5 panel SKYPE interview, 3.

Interview Questions

• If you were a (blank), discribe what you would be like.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent, just accepted the status.

Deli Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (City of London, England) in September 2010.

Interview

Simple interview, just asked questions about my past experience, and went over my CV

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview. When I got there the lady had no idea who I was or that her other manager (who was supposed to be there and didn't show up that day) scheduled an interview with her.

Interview Questions

• The head manager then proceeded to be rude and talk in a condescending tone to me. I was cordial, but I think its interesting that they messed up and then treated me like the one who made the error. I've never had such a bad interview before. I don't think they realize that we are interviewing them also as they speak to us. What a shame people like this are managers.   1 Answer

Culinary Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The interview process was torturous and extremely time consuming. Anyone with a full time job would have had no chance of being able to complete the process. The whole process took 2 months, during which I was asked to meet with no less than 20 people and produce multiple pieces of original work product that Whole Foods can now easily steal and use. In fact, they asked for one project, then another, then another, as if they were doing it by the seat of their pants. The process was not organized. For example, they gave me multiple contact people that I had to meet with, but those people were on vacation the entire week I was supposed to meet them. After all the time and effort, they never even got back to me to let me know whether a final decision had been made, even after I called and emailed to follow up. I have since read that if the entire (large) panel of interviewers is not unanimous, they start the interview process all over again. COMPLETELY DISRESPECTFUL.

Interview Questions

• I think I've blocked them all out at this point.   1 Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very simple and convenient everyone was friendly and acted more like family then anything. I had to wait a while but I understand it gets busy so no complaints. They care more about your personality then your experience.

Specialty/Wine Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

"Speed dating" style interview with a panel of three "up from the loading docks" types. 10 minutes total to make a good first (and last) impression. I had no sense from their few questions in those brief 10 minutes that they had even reviewed my application.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would make a memorable sandwich for a customer?   1 Answer

Produce Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by both the department team leader and the store human resources leader. Assisted a one-on-one interview with the department team leader and was run through all job duties and requirements. Was very easy and smooth.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Whole Foods Market?   1 Answer

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New Orleans, LA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Once they get the papers together you simply find a nice table, inside or outside to sit at, and begin to talk. You answer questions, share stories, and maybe even laugh a time or two. Once the interview is done they show the other managers and call you back within a week to begin processing your paperwork, or tell you that you don't seem to be the right for the company at this time.