Whole Foods Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Buyer Interview

Regional Buyer
London, England

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details Applying thru the new "WFM-Employment 2013-Job-Search" process was only informational as I had to apply internally to get the interview, otherwise the response from that chain was fruitless. 1. Phone initial screening by a regional ATL, 2. 5 panel SKYPE interview, 3.

Interview Question – If you were a (blank), discribe what you would be like.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existent, just accepted the status.

Deli Team Member Interview

Deli Team Member
City of London, England

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Interview Details Simple interview, just asked questions about my past experience, and went over my CV

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Undetermined Interview

Undetermined
Palm Desert, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview Details Just went through the introductory group interview. We were lead into a waiting room area until our scheduled time. Through the wall we could hear the previous interviewing group clapping and cheering. Shortly there after a Team Leader came into the waiting area. We were given name badges and instructed to keep our energy up. We were then lead into the interview room, a projector at one end of the room and several round tables (with a team leader at each) essentially breaking the interviewees into groups. Noticed the team leaders took notes on each interviewee at we did the tasks. One such task was to act out unhappy guest scenarios. For example what would you do if a guest wanted to return an item or if you had an angry guest on the phone, or being interrupted by a customer when you are busy helping another one. Also did a "zoom" puzzle. Marketing tool to get employees interacting together. Another task was to go to the table of products, pick one and discuss it with your table. While the team leaders listened and took notes of course.

Interview Question – The process was very easy. Yet, everything was unexpected to me. It was the first time I had done a group interview of this nature.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Received an email for an individual interview at the job fair. Had to schedule a date and time for a half hour interview with each department I'd applied.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Bakery Team Member
Providence, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview Details Was called by Team Leader 3 days after I applied online. She asked me some preliminary questions to see if I would even be considered and then she asked me to come in two days later and it was a very laxed interview with her and her assistant team leader. They asked me my background and why I chose to apply at WF and were pleased to hear that I came from a farming background and appreciated that I understood the basics of farming and agriculture. I brought along a collection of my cakes and pastries from my former cake decorating business. They were very impressed that i was self taught and could work very versatiley. The team leader said that she would hire me right on the spot if it wasn't company policy for me to meet with her boss for a second interview. That interview was two days later and I was basically asked the same questions just more in depth to wow the store manager. I was hired right then and there!

Interview Question – Why did you choose to apply at Whole Foods Market?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pretty straight forward with what they needed.

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Assistant Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details Great interview because I felt very comfortable . They were pleasant and full of information and willing to discuss anything I asked.
I found that it is important to know their philosophy.

Interview Question – Why would I be a good team member?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer for a lower paying entry level job. They promoted someone to the job I wanted.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details Be prepared for a long process. There will most likely be a work project and I promise you will have panel interviews of up to a dozen people in a room for anyone in a leadership or office position. We have had some positions that have taken 3 months for the entire interview process.

Interview Question – The questions can be random and unexpected, and are largely based on "do you fit our culture?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

Coffee/Juice Bar Interview

Coffee/Juice Bar

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Received a phone call after a week to come in for an interview and bring my resume. I interviewed with the Department Team Leader first. She was extremely nice and asked me the usual questions. Then She brought in a Store Team leader and he asked me the Exact same questions and didn't make eye contact. ( It was uncomfortable) After that they told me they'd let me know and that they had other interviews to conduct still. I was called back after an other week and was told I got the job. It took another week for my background check to go through and then a few more days after that before I could start orientation.

Interview Question – Why I want to work for this company. What Whole Foods means to me. What do I know about the company and the dreaded " Tell me about yourself"   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online on the main website. After about four weeks or so. I got an e-mail about an group interview. I went
it was usual about 25 people. The managers were nice. We had to act out three plays. They all went fine, The other people with were nice as well.I had a good time there.

Interview Question – what is my favorite food.   Answer Question

Grocery Team Member Interview

Grocery Team Member

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details Attended a hiring fair, was pleased with the Team Leaders, thought their questions were fair and intuitive. Both seemed well versed in the nature of the job, and had a grasp of the position in general and we comfortable talking about various aspects of the job beyond just that of the interview.

Interview Question – Explain a time when...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member
Plantation, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details I handed in a written application. I was called back within a week to meet one of the store team leads. The interview itself was very informal. We met in the store's cafe area and after an interview that lasted no more than 15-20 minutes, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. The main question that sealed the deal them on me was why I wanted to work for Whole Foods. They ate up that I did my research and new about the company. They are really looking for people who know about the store and their practices and who seem to be impressed by it.   Answer Question

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!