Whole Foods Market Interview Questions

2.6

Regional Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applying thru the new "WFM-Employment 2013-Job-Search" process was only informational as I had to apply internally to get the interview, otherwise the response from that chain was fruitless. 1. Phone initial screening by a regional ATL, 2. 5 panel SKYPE interview, 3.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a (blank), discribe what you would be like.   View Answer
    Non-existent, just accepted the status.

Deli Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Simple interview, just asked questions about my past experience, and went over my CV

Cake Decorator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Panel review. Short 15-25 minute interview. Was asked a series of casual questions regarding experience, attitude towards learning, willingness to work overtime to complete projects. Seemed as though they really just wanted experience and a positive attitude. Was hired and offered the job five minutes after I left over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike about your previous job? Do you have any food allergies?   Answer Question

Meat Team Member Interview

Background check, regular hiring process of calls, interviews, etc. Applied online, got a call from the head of the department and given a brief phone interview. Then was told to come in for a sit down interview and was offered the job afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Greatest strength, weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online and was called the next day, met with team leader to discuss details of the job and was warned that I would go on a panel interview, could be anywhere from 3-10 people interviewing you at once. I was offered $12.50 for this position. 1 week later I had my interview with 4 people, lasted 20 minutes. Was asked to provide resume, left feeling like I did well, got a call the next day saying that they would not be hiring me at this time. Maybe they found someone more qualified?

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if a cashier wasn't behaving appropriately and received a complaint from a customer about them?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when a manager gave you constuctive criticism   Answer Question
    • How do you take constructive criticism?   Answer Question
    • Give example of a time where you gave somwone constructive criticism   Answer Question
    • Asked for a closing statement.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a co-worker wasn't doing their share of the work, talked to them about it but was disrespectful to you and refused to do their share.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I got an initial call about a week after I applied. Was hired right after the interview and offered a Full-Time position. You do about a week of training (watching videos, going over job expectations, exc.), and after that you work as a bagger and do carts (go through the parking lot and round up the stray carts and put them away) for 2-4 months. After that point, you shadow a cashier for about 2 weeks and then you get your own till to work.

General Submission Interview

It was a group interview with about 10-12 other people. They made you do these skit type things like "pretend a customer comes in and is angry...play out the situation" or "Create an ad based on our core values." The whole thing lasts about 2 and a half hours, but they feed you and give you some breaks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. They just look for people who get along anyone.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Submit online application, you will then be contacted for a phone prescreen, you will be assigned a homework assignment to present to the panel interviewing you, reach out to team members for research, and then panel interview where you present your homework and are asked questions by the panel.

Unknown Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I was selected for a group interview for a new store that would be opening. I was notified by email and was required to respond within a couple of days. I went to the interview which was off site. There were about 40 people in the room. There was one person hosting the interview who worked for whole foods and about 4 or 5 team leaders who would be working for the store sitting in the back watching everyone else. We spent the first hour watching a power point presentation on Whole Foods. I thought this was unnecessary since most people should know they need to research the company before going into an interview. After that, we had to each stand up and introduce ourselves and say why we wanted to work for Whole Foods. Then we were split into groups of about 10 people and had to act out 2 skits. One of them we had to make a commercial to sell a product. The other we had to deal with an upset customer and solve a problem. Then the team leaders who had sat in the back came and asked our group one question which each person in the group answered. The questions were very basic, such as, what department did we apply for. All team members did not get to talk to all groups because we ran out of time. Each time we did a skit or introduced ourselves the host asked us to be brief since they were short on time. I thought the interview was very unrealistic for a grocery store. At no time would someone have to speak in front of a room of people while working at a grocery store unless they were in a supervisory position. I spoke up in every skit and made sure that I was not standing in the corner not saying anything. I came up with a lot of ideas. I don't understand why I did not get a call back. I thought the type of interview they conducted was very nerve racking and did not allow everyone a fair amount of time. No questions were asked about our experience or qualifications. I have 7 years experience at a similar company and I have moved all the way up from cashier to department head. They did not even tell us what positions were left or what they were considering us for. We seemed to be grouped alphabetically by our first name. I was told the interview was required to be considered for employment, but later on a number of people at my job got hired who did not have interviews. They were calling people who didn't even have an interview and offering them jobs over the phone! We were told everyone would know if they got hired or not by the end of the week, but over 2 weeks later they were still calling people and offering jobs. Overall I thought it was very unfair and a complete waste of time.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Since it was more than two years ago, I don't quite remember the interview process. The questions seemed generic and after being in Customer Service, I realized they just needed people to fill. Customer Service is viewed as an entry job where people then move to different departments.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!