Whole Foods Market

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

the interview was very informal and relaxed.Initially you have a group talk and presentation by team members .Then you do your presentation and show your sales skills,if they like you you go through to the interview .Do your research on the company,and suck up.

Regional Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applying thru the new "WFM-Employment 2013-Job-Search" process was only informational as I had to apply internally to get the interview, otherwise the response from that chain was fruitless. 1. Phone initial screening by a regional ATL, 2. 5 panel SKYPE interview, 3.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a (blank), discribe what you would be like.   View Answer
    Non-existent, just accepted the status.

Deli Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Simple interview, just asked questions about my past experience, and went over my CV

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

one interview was done in a group setting and then a one on one. It was a relaxed setting and team members were very nice and enthusiastic. I liked the working environment and the atmosphere

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I was hoping to have my resume looked at & considered for a position at various positions. I submitted my application numerous times online, but never heard a response back. Don't bother submitting anything through their career center -- I don't believe they even look at it. They have quite an elaborate career section on their website, but after multiple submissions wit no response, I eventually gave up.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get that far. It was puzzling to me that the online process was rather lengthy, but no one ever even contacted me either way. After the fact, I heard about an in-store job fair & that seems the way to proceed.   Answer Question

Metro Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Each position has the same interview process, all panel interviews you will need a cover letter and resume. If you are from outside of the company applying for a team leader or higher position make sure you tour the stores talk to leadership and get an understanding of the core values.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't any, If you know how to interview with a panel then all questions can be answered if you don't know the answer   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

One phone interview to start and then two in person interviews a week a part. Second interviewer seemed less engaged, just interviewing as a formality. After the second interview it took a few weeks to finally hear back. I was offered the job, and came back in for another meeting about this.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Asked about any relevant work experience, and how I would handle various situation that could arise.   Answer Question
    There wasn't room to negotiate on salary.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Pretty straight forward interview for retail. The questions were pertaining to how well you work with customers and money handling abilities. The interview was pretty laid back, but professional. They are definitely looking for people with great customer service skills.

Customer Service Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

I went through two interviews. The first one was much more difficult than the first one. The second one, I was asked what I liked about Whole Foods and why I wanted to work there. It was important to know about the company, their values and what they do.

No negtiation

Bakery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

Keep in mind it seems that Whole Foods switches up the hiring process depending on the store, so my experience may be different from yours, however if you have a group interview the process will probably go like this.

It was a group interview with about 14 other candidates. I had never been to a group interview so I was a little unsure of what to expect but it turned out to be pleasant. They brought us into a room with a power point presentation prepared, there were about 5 or 6 employees from different departments who each took turns telling us a little bit about themselves and the departments they work for. Then they went around had us say our names, and answer a few questions, "Why do you want to work for whole foods?" "What is your favorite food?" What department are you interested in. After that they began a short presentation about Whole Foods explaining a brief history as well as the core values. If you can, before your interview do a little research on Whole Foods because the person conducting the interview asked us a few things to see if anyone knew about whole foods, just basic stuff like the year the first store opened and where. After the presentation they divided us into groups and we had to come up with a short presentation in our groups that reflected the core values of whole foods. Some groups did skits my group just took turns explaining important aspects of customer service. Make sure you talk loud and try to assert yourself they are looking for outgoing people and people that give the most effort. After that there was one more exercise in different groups, this time my group did a small skit. We really only had 5 minutes, so we kind of freestyled our way through it but as long as you do it with a smile and talk loudly you'll be fine. After that we we were done, the whole thing was about two hours long.
    Some things to keep in mind before the group interview:

Speak loudly when talking to the room
    Embrace the activities and give maximum effort
    Show you can work well with your team
    Smile a lot
    When you are leaving shake everyones hand before you go
    Dress nicely, a few people wore hoodies and jeans and I doubt any of them got called back. Another person wore a full suit and I doubt he got called back either, find some middle ground.

Some people in the group were try-hards; don't be one of these people. It's ok to be enthusiastic but don't talk too much to the point where you are saying redundant things and holding up the person leading the interview.

My second interview didn't seem like an interview at all. I was contacted a few days later to come back for a one on one and ended up getting hired on the spot. I was barely asked any questions by the Bakery team lead and he ended up hiring me for a position that paid a dollar more than I thought, with more hours.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but I was offered a $1.40 more than I was originally told was offered to people starting.