Wildfire Interactive

Wildfire Interactive Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.1

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive.

The process was a few interviews. One over the phone with a recruiter, this is where you show your personality. The next was an interview, in person, with the sales manager and the director of sales - here they really went into my background, the tools I used for efficiency and the way that I tracked my progress.

Interview Questions
    • Mock cold call on the spot, was not expected - but a great way to determine if I was the right fit or not.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in June 2012.

I wasn't looking for a new job but a recruiter reached out to me about this position via email. The email was well worded and enticing so I decided to chat with her. She was really nice and informative and after that call, she set me up to talk to the lead recruiter on the team. That call was also really insightful and gave me a good perspective of what the company was all about. They set me up for yet another call so I could talk to the manager of the account manager team. He was really friendly and nice as well (recurring pattern for the people I interacted with) and the call was more like a conversation than an interview. A day later, the recruiter called me to ask if I was interested in coming into the office for an interview. I agreed so she set it up for the next week. I came in and it consisted of an office tour (they have kegs and scooters!) an interview with 2 managers from the team (the man I talked to and another manager). Again, they were friendly and informative and it wasn't too intimidating. Ultimately, the recruiter called me a few days later and said they were passing on me. My primary complaint is that there were so many steps, but it was still a pretty quick process so that's good. Everyone I interacted with was very helpful and nice and I felt like they really appreciated the time I gave. At the end of the day, I am still happy in my current job but I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work out at Wildfire. Seems like a cool company with cool people.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach this role where you'd be dealing with multiple clients and internal stakeholders? How would you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • How does our product help brands achieve their marketing goals?   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in June 2012.

The entire thing was extremely positive. My recruiter (Jill) was in touch on a regular basis and kept me well informed about the process. The interview process consisted of a video + essay response portion, two phone interviews (approximately) and an in person interview, all of which went extremely smoothly and were even enjoyable. The people I interfaced with were upbeat and extremely well informed. My recruiter in particular spoke very clearly about the specifics of the role to which I was applying and had no issue getting into detail when asked questions. Wildfire's acquisition by Google took place as I was continuing through the process and I received a personalized email within hours (if that) of seeing the first Tweet about the acquisition. The email I received was shortly followed up with a call, and I was informed as much as was possible about the acquisition and assured that they were still moving forward with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a favorite Excel formula? (I think this was asked mostly out of curiosity on the interviewer's part and less formally than the other questions in the interview).   View Answer
    My expectations had been very clearly set during the interview process, and I felt I knew my recruiters well enough to ask them candid questions, which were promptly and clearly answered.

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in May 2012.

Saw the job posting online and sent in my resume and cover letter. About a week later I was invited to submit a video interview in which they send you an email with a link to a special website and you answer some questions in writing and some questions in a video recorded on your computer (which you can re-record any number of times in one session if you mess up). That's a really neat idea! It's also tough to do, as the interviewee.

A couple of weeks later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a couple of weeks after that an on-site interview with the hiring manager and a peer manager, both at once. I was expecting a more structured interview, but it was a little casual - not many "standard" interview questions. I was also expecting to meet with one, and possibly two other people (as per the email they had sent me), but I only met with those two. They let me know when I should hear back, and then followed up via email when the decision regarding the next round was delayed another week.

After they made their decision, they called me on the phone to let me know they had selected someone else. I thought it was a very nice touch that they called me directly instead of sending an email.

The hiring manager was communicative throughout the process so I never was left wondering what was going on. All-in-all it was a good experience, even though I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Record a 5 minute video detailing your relevant experience in technical support management.   Answer Question

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in May 2012.

I was contacted via email by a recruiter shortly after I submitted my resume. They sent me a video interview with about 3-4 questions asking about my experience and what I think about the social media industry. Once I submitted this, it prompted the recruiter to call me and do another pre-screening interview with her over the phone. The questions were fairly simple, again asking about my general experience, why I like the industry and some examples of my favorite social media B2B and B2C campaigns.

Interview Questions
    • Based on your past experience working in client-facing roles (or something similar), what is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to dealing with clients?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about how you think social media can help brands achieve their marketing goals today and where do you think social media is headed in the future.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

After submitting my resume and cover letter through their website, I got an email the very next day saying my application had been fast-tracked and I was to do a video interview that consisted of 3 - 5 questions. It had 1 written/short essay type question asking about my experience and then 2 questions to be answered via video recording about the industry/position. It was nice because you could rerecord your answers as many times as you like before submitting.

The email said they'd get back to me in a few days with my next steps, but it's been a month and I haven't heard a word from them. The email that was sent regarding the video interview is a generic no response email from a third party job listings site so I'm not sure how I could follow up without going through Wildfire's facebook which doesn't seem appropriate to me.

The least they could do is send an email saying: Thanks for taking the time to do your end, but we've gone with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your work experience / background   Answer Question
    • What is the most important thing when working with an online community   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

Within a week of applying, I was asked to take an online interview that consisted of written and video answers. After this there was a phone interview, and a week later I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. All in all, an easy and smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Conduct a case sales call in which you are cold-calling a company to initiate a conversation about using Wildfire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in April 2012.

If they're interested, they'll respond in a couple of days to your submitted application.

As I'm sure you know, the process begins with an active interview where you post videos of yourself in response to written questions. I don't think the active interview is a good way to screen candidates as not everyone looks good on a webcam! Also, it's really strange just talking to yourself into the camera as well. The bad sides of this are you don't get to ask questions or even really show you're good at communication.

I heard back two days later that they weren't interested so they move fast. Personally, I think these people are growing way too fast and they're going to burn out since social media obviously isn't worth that much if Facebook's IPO is any indication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

After an initial email, there was an online interview which involved writing three answers and then recording on video two answers. It was really exciting because you had the time to review what you did and really make it whatever you wanted it to be. I personally let myself almost be a little too much myself, and was very pleased to see that Wildfire was receptive to it. Then there was a phone interview which should be about 30-40 minutes, but with my big mouth of course it was almost an hour. The recruiter was passionate and informative. I had interest in other positions as well as sales and she had amazing advice about where to start in the company and how to grow if invited to join the team. Finally, there was an in-person interview which was about 90 minutes and included a tour of the office. First thing I noticed was how happy everyone seemed. People just look thrilled to be there. The office has a warm feel to it and the excitement you see running through all the employees is infectious. It makes you want to be there right away.
    The final in-person interview was fantastic. These people are routing for you to succeed. We did do some role-playing to see how well I took coaching for cold-calls. There was much discussion about the position itself, the hours, what kind of personality you need to have, how you would break up your day in terms of research and getting leads.if you are up for the challenge and willing to take their advice, I think you got a good shot at joining this incredible team.

Interview Questions
    For this position, because there is so much bonus and growth opportunity, everyone starts at the same pay, but if you have things like vacations already planned, they are super flexible about your start date and are willing to accommodate preexisting plans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wildfire Interactive in March 2012.

First there was an "active" interview--I answered three questions online via writing, two questions online via video recording. You can rerecord yourself as much as you need. I was called a few days after to set up a phone interview--about a week after submission of my written/video responses, I had a phone interview. Later I got an e-mail saying my application would not be taken to the next stage.

WRITTEN--max 400 character answer.
    Tell us a little about your job search and what type of opportunities you're most interested in finding.
    Of your previous experiences (professional and personal), which one relates most to the Wildfire opportunity and why?
    Tell us about a time or experience where you've tried to accomplish something and failed.

VIDEO:
    What has been your greatest accomplishment over the past three years and how did you achieve it?
    By way of video, tell us about an activity or experience that helps define a personality trait that's unique to you.