YMCA Interview Questions

2.3

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at YMCA in April 2011.

Camp America recruitment service, website application and interview, then phone interview with American boss. 10 minutes chatting with her explaining my reasons for going, what I plan to do afterwards and laying down a few rules, and packing requirements

Interview Questions
    • All questions relatively straightforward, why do you want to do it being the main one. My response was: I'd love to experience camp and America, I love working with kids but could do with some practice, loving inspiring youth to be active.   View Answer
    Easy, straightforward, they'd already chosen me by the time we were talking so most importantly be enthusiastic in your application, and explain all your experience working with kids, or a s a lifeguard, overall they take a huge variety of skills though

Housing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woking, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in November 2010.

Why I want to work for YMCA and Young people

Interview Questions
    • why I want to work with youth and vulnerable people   View Answer
    • have ever applied for YMCA   View Answer
    be themselves

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chorley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chorley, England

I applied in-person - interviewed at YMCA in March 2010.

very quick process apply by standard methods turn up at the store and then you will be notified a few days later if you have got the job or not.

Mentoring Program Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

I completed and application and mailed it into the office. I was called for a phone pre-interview screening that was evaluating experience and understanding of the position. I was then called in for a three person panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very standard interview questions- Can you describe a situation where you failed and how did you handle it? There were a few situational questions that were specific tow irking with children- You are working with a group of children and they are not listening to you, what do you do?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.

Senior Counselor Interview

It was for a counselor position at a summer camp. Fairly simple application and interview process. One phone interview and then one in-person interview.They were extremely friendly, easy to talk to. We met at a coffee shop. It was a fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions about what you would do with kids regarding safety procedures   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

My fourth and most recent summer working for them, I applied online and never heard back until I called my boss from the previous year to ask what happened. I then had to submit application paperwork about 2.5 times before I was officially hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview any year I worked there. It was odd.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating the salary. You either get what they offer, or they pick someone who will. (They have a very limited budget being a non profit and they care less about part time employees.)

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Very simple, they called, I answered. The interview was over Skype. The YMCA hires a lot of people from outside the US so Skype is one of the more efficient ways of interacting. They'll mostly ask you about experience with teaching and leadership qualifications.

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

By the books when it comes to interviews. Very standard interview questions. Practice top 10 interview questions and you will be set. If you are part of a group interview, make sure you speak up and voice your opinion

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Asked about previous experience and why you chose YMCA. Gave a detailed situation that occurs and asks how you would handle it and what procedure you should take afterwards. They asked you about the history of the company and how you feel about the company.

Child Care Aide Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA.

The director was very friendly and welcoming. I was scheduled for an interview with them the same day. Be yourself and you're bound to be successful. I had 2 interviews. One was face to face and the other one was to "see if it was the right job for me. Can't start until orientation is complete.

Interview Questions
    They're very firm on wages. Minimum wage is the best you'll get until you either get promoted or provide proof that you are an education major and taking edu classes.

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!