YMCA

2.3

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA in April 2011.

Camp America recruitment service, website application and interview, then phone interview with American boss. 10 minutes chatting with her explaining my reasons for going, what I plan to do afterwards and laying down a few rules, and packing requirements

Interview Questions
    • All questions relatively straightforward, why do you want to do it being the main one. My response was: I'd love to experience camp and America, I love working with kids but could do with some practice, loving inspiring youth to be active.   View Answer
    Easy, straightforward, they'd already chosen me by the time we were talking so most importantly be enthusiastic in your application, and explain all your experience working with kids, or a s a lifeguard, overall they take a huge variety of skills though

Housing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in November 2010.

Why I want to work for YMCA and Young people

Interview Questions
    • why I want to work with youth and vulnerable people   View Answer
    • have ever applied for YMCA   View Answer
    be themselves

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chorley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chorley, England

I applied in-person – interviewed at YMCA in March 2010.

very quick process apply by standard methods turn up at the store and then you will be notified a few days later if you have got the job or not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Pretty straight forward. I contacted the Volunteer Coordinator inquiring if they are accepting placement student. And then after that she asked me to hand in my resume by email. By the next day they they had set up a time and day which they would interview me. If you are successful you just have to complete required documentation.

Interview Questions
    • when was the time there was a conflict that you have to resolve it, and what was your course of action?   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Only interviewed with the membership director. Simple questions, just wanted to get a feel for the person who they will be hiring. Want to make sure you will get along with the community members and know how to handle the general public and that you are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • nothing I can think of. I have been a seasonal employee so I knew the person interviewing me.   Answer Question
    Have worked at this company before

Nursery Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Easy and laid back. She wrote down my answers to all the questions and gave me a tour of the nursery. Lasted less than 20 minutes and only offered minimum wage. They were very understaffed at the time so it took them a while to get back to me even thought she said it would only take a couple of days. I had to email her several times but overall it was worth it.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

They were extremely lax in the process and yet very strategic in what type of person they wanted so it was unclear when talking to the people. They had the interview in a back closet sitting among the school supplies. The interviewer didn't seem to be all there and asked rapid fire questions without seeming to listen. It seemed like she had already made up her mind upon meeting me whether or not she would be willing to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging situation you've experienced with children and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Straight forward. Did a phone screen, then an in person interview and an in the water test. Overall process was in line with other interviews I'd done for pool lifeguard positions.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview was unprofessional. Two interviewers were in the interview and one was texting the whole time while asking questions and the other one took a phone call and left the room, and never returned. It seemed like I never had their undivided attention from the start. They mainly asked behavioral questions and the interview did not last longer than 15 minutes. After the interview, they tell you that they will be in contact with you via ApplicantOne (their online application server) in less than 14 days. It took about a week to get a response from them. They told me they found another person for the job, although if they offered it to me I probably would not have taken it due to how unprofessional the interview went.

Fitness Coach Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

1 interview for part time Fitness Coach staff, it was very nice the manager was nice and it was in the gym so it made me feel comfortable. the questions were to make sure i knew about weightlifting and overall "health and fitness". dieting was a plus apparently but not a requirement having a CPT was also a plus but not needed.

Interview Questions
    • if i had a 75 year old client what would i ask them about health and how would i come up with a workout plan and why   Answer Question