YMCA Interview Questions

2.3

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA in April 2011.

Camp America recruitment service, website application and interview, then phone interview with American boss. 10 minutes chatting with her explaining my reasons for going, what I plan to do afterwards and laying down a few rules, and packing requirements

Interview Questions
    • All questions relatively straightforward, why do you want to do it being the main one. My response was: I'd love to experience camp and America, I love working with kids but could do with some practice, loving inspiring youth to be active.   View Answer
    Easy, straightforward, they'd already chosen me by the time we were talking so most importantly be enthusiastic in your application, and explain all your experience working with kids, or a s a lifeguard, overall they take a huge variety of skills though

Housing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in November 2010.

Why I want to work for YMCA and Young people

Interview Questions
    • why I want to work with youth and vulnerable people   View Answer
    • have ever applied for YMCA   View Answer
    be themselves

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chorley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chorley, England

I applied in-person – interviewed at YMCA in March 2010.

very quick process apply by standard methods turn up at the store and then you will be notified a few days later if you have got the job or not.

Membership Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Applied online through their website. Recieved a phone call to schedule an interview about two weeks later. Interview felt awkward. In a small space with another employee doing his work at a desk.

Interview Questions

The hours and the pay were not as posted. Wanted me to work specifically early hours and could not gurantee me more than 10 hours per week.

Member Service Representative Interview

Called in for a interview, sat down and met with hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and mainly concentrated on my experience with customer service, computer use, and values to see if they were consistent with those of the YMCA. They were mainly concerned with my availability and if I could work alone, as most shifts were just for one person. They also wanted to know my commitment to the YMCA and how dedicated I was to their values. I was only interviewed by one person.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a conflict I had to solve.   View Answer

Healthy Living Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Most positions at the Y will have a 3 person interview process. If you are applying for a childcare position, expect group interviews followed by a regular interview. Check the website for job leads and apply to positions online. Some YMCAs will do a phone interview so be prepared if you recieve a call in regards to a position. The next stage is an interview with at least two staff members present. After the interview, it might take a while to be offered the position. It can take anywhere from a week to a month depending on the YMCA and time of year.

Interview Questions
    • There will be at least one question that may feel it has no face value such as What cereal would you be and why?   View Answer

Wellness Coach III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

I was an internal candidate and the process took about 6 to 8 weeks....Very long and drawn out. Did a phone interview then one with the VP and associate VP then a 2 different panel interviews.

No negotiations

Zumba Instructor Interview

The interview process was easy. I just came in and talked with the director and asked me my availability. I didn't have to audition which I was surprised about. I guess they heard great things about me maybe that's why.

Membership Service Representative Interview

Lots of, "What do I do on my spare time..?" Questions which focus on the potential employee's personal life.
    The hiring process wasn't very lengthy. It was a standard background check and drug test. However, in order to clock in or use the computer for crucial work related tasks you need a Daxko ID number which wasn't given to me for about 3 weeks. This made my job very tedious for that time, but other than that it was a seamless transition to this new job.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

I was brought in for an interview from a referral. I knew someone who helped out at Y with their charity events. The interview was very standard. Most of the questions involved analyzing my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me a series of questions about what I would do if a camper faced danger and how I would handle situations with other co-workers.   Answer Question