YMCA Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 25 Mar 2015
Updated 25 Mar 2015

2.4

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at YMCA (Algiers, LA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief- basic questions, seemed rehearsed. I dropped off an application and received an interview appointment two days later. The interview said he would get back to me in a few days. Asked what I knew about YMCA, how do I handle stress, strengths and weaknesses, why would I be a good fit working there. I know the pay is $8.00 an hour and there is a discount on membership.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about YMCA.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Easy, phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes and an in-person interview the following week with the center director and one other person. Got a call one week later with a job offer and had one 3 days to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? I honestly did not want to work there at the time, but needed a job. And now I love it!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate. I had a degree and was desperate for a job...any job.

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Only interviewed with the membership director. Simple questions, just wanted to get a feel for the person who they will be hiring. Want to make sure you will get along with the community members and know how to handle the general public and that you are friendly.

Interview Questions

• nothing I can think of. I have been a seasonal employee so I knew the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have worked at this company before

Member Service Representative Interview

Interview

Called in for a interview, sat down and met with hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and mainly concentrated on my experience with customer service, computer use, and values to see if they were consistent with those of the YMCA. They were mainly concerned with my availability and if I could work alone, as most shifts were just for one person. They also wanted to know my commitment to the YMCA and how dedicated I was to their values. I was only interviewed by one person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a conflict I had to solve.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Pretty basic. You need to know about the company, be ready to talk about why you want to work there and what you can contribute. Know their environment. Be ready to speak about your past experience and your resume and what is on it. Be an outgoing individual, you will be the face of the business and they need to see that you are a relatable person and someone who they would enjoy having around.

Interview Questions

• Name a weakness or how would you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Interview

I had one interview with the membership director as well as an additional staff person. At the time it was a pretty easy and smooth process. There is new management now so it might be different. I walked in to drop off my resume and was scheduled for an interview about a month or two later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew what the duties entailed. At the time I didn't and was told that I should know this information whenever I apply for a job/have an interview.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at YMCA (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I submitted my resume through the association's website and was called in for an interview about a week later. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 staff members - one was the department director. The interview lasted about 30 minutes mostly with questions about my prior employment and why I was applying at the YMCA.

Interview Questions

• One question/answer they seemed very interested in was if I had ever been a Y member before. I had learned to swim as a child at a Y and there was a lot of talk about that. Also, they asked if money was important to me. I found it odd at the time but possibly they were asking since they had not had staff raises in several years.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The hiring process is all done online. Then you get called in for interviews and shadowing shifts.

Interview Questions

• They want to see originality. Make sure you answer honestly. YMCA isn't trying to hire robots.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YMCA (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

I sent in my resume, and received a call within a few days. There was a lot of snow, but hiring manager was reasonable an allowed me to reschedule interview. I came in sat in an interview with 2 people (person i spoke with and the director) and they asked quite a few questions, describe yourself in a nutshell, what do you think you can bring to the team

Interview Questions

• If you were alone (no supervisors around), there's people calling on the phone a long line forming and a difficult customer at the front of the line what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I expected minimum wage and got significantly higher (i didn't complain)

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at YMCA (Webster, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume to Membership Director via email and was contacted the next day. Went through a phone interview with Membership Director and then an in-person interview with the Membership Director & Healthy Living Coordinator (at the same time) the following day. Was hired the next day pending drug & background test.

Interview Questions

• A member wants to try a class but has heard that it's hard. Assuming you have never taken the class, how would you respond to the member?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered the maximum pay for the position I applied for and was asked if I was okay with that.