YO! Sushi Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at YO! Sushi

Front of House Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YO! Sushi in June 2013.

Applied on gumtree by sending CV, then invited to interview. Interview was quite informal with manager and another (assistant manager or other area manager), where they asked about previous employment or experiences an hobbies, then give paper with words and asked which best described you. I was then invited to a group induction kinda thing to see how potential employees work as a team, otherwise you will have a trial shift and they'll see how you work.

Interview Questions
    • Past experiences is quite hard if it is your first job, but they will accept people with no experience if they have great personality.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person - interviewed at YO! Sushi in April 2012.

one long interview that last about 1 hour and then you have free 4 hours trial shift. and you're pretty much there

Interview Questions
    • what motivates you in the morning? what is term of customer service? just question on yourself and previous experience.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at YO! Sushi in January 2011.

fun and games on assessment day in head office where they disqualify only people without any communication skills and to shy to say something. So actually anyone can be hired. Before that there is a quick trial shift in the restaurant but it is a piece of cake. In general effect of the above is that sometimes people who work in here for couple of months already - don't even know the menu, don't care about the job and duties, are very lazy and slow and on top of that they are very surprised that they didn't get any raise yet.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three words that your parents would describe you with?   Answer Question

Chef Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at YO! Sushi in October 2010.

First , apply online, got a phone call saying if you still want a job, then give us a call back, After I call them, they ask me for a first 1 on 1 interview, bascially, easy if you worked as a chef before, just asking what your experience and thing like this, just confidence, it will be fine.
    Pass this, they offer me a second interview in the same place, but it will become a group inteview, then they make some quiestion for the group and need to sort it out by whole group,need to be speak more and show them you got idea to sort thing out , that fine.
    afterward, they will ask you for a trial shift, it last about 2 hours, just really easy to be honest, be a FOH, it will be like customer service, BOH is more easy, they wont let you to teach hot food, so basically just rolling some maki( someone will teach u beside), that is it..really easy if u got a bit confindence

Interview Questions

Worked for YO! Sushi? Contribute to the Community!