Yahoo

488 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details Very charismatic and welcoming people. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Direct Response Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details 3 interview steps:
Over the phone where you will go over your CV
Interview with two yahoo's employees, basic interviews
Interview with 2 yahoo's managers, basic interviews

The process is quit long (between 2 and 4 weeks to get an answer after every steps)

Interview Question – None, basic questions   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

Interview Details Just got an email from an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone call took 40 mins and I was asked general questions about my current role and experience, as well as math and questions related to the advertising industry. Some of the questions are a bit naive...

Interview Question – Why this role?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details Had a brief phone interview with recruiter, scheduled face-to-face interview with hiring manager and one director.
Asked standard interview questions and discussed the industry a bit, interview went really well and invited for second stage interviews with a director and another manager. Again went really well.
Got positive feedback from all, and was told they will be preparing an offer.
I was then, to my astonishment, told that the position has been cancelled due to headcount review.

Interview Question – Nothing.   Answer Question

Advertising Operations (Junior) Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in December 2011.

Interview Details Phone interview, interview with associates and final interview with senior team members.
Very nice ad team in London, however the HR department is just badly organised.

Interview Question – Many situation based questions i.e. tell me a situation where you made a wrong decision, the right decision.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2010.

Interview Details First stage was HR interview over the phone going over your CV and soft skills.
Second stage was Phone interview with the hiring manager talking about past experiance and relevant skills for thefuture position.
Third stage was 1:1 interview with hiring manager, 2 team members and operations director. each interview was face to face and lasted 45 minutes. all on the same day so total of about 2-3 hours.

People were very nice and friendly. it was more of a conversation about past experiance and project management skills. some technical questions but not very difficult.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult team member?   View Answer

Custom Brand Experiences Project Manager Interview

London, England

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2011.

Interview Details I got a fast response from Yahoo after I applied for this position. They called me on Friday to arrange a telephone interview on Monday. I checked the interviewer's LinkIn profile and found out she was an inter HR that made me a bit concerned. The interview took place and the interviewer was nice, the questions were simple and standard. However I found it difficult to catch her English because she was clearly not British. I became a bit nervous after asking her to repeat her questions a few times. Also I can feel that she was getting frustrated. The interview did not go very smooth towards the end.

Interview Questions

Head of Content Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2009.

Interview Details I was interviewed by teams in different areas but the process was much longer than in other companies so by the time I was invited to a second interview I already had two other offers from other companies.

Interview Question – Can you give us an example of a time when you have had to deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Speed of process

Senior Social Media/Community Manager Interview

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details For my own interview it was very smooth and quick (about 1 month to finish all the hiring process), and now it will be much slower since the executives need to review all the new hiring, and the hiring process takes very long.

Interview Question – how will you deal with the problem without resources and budget,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details I submitted my resume in the job fair on campus, and was contacted by the recruiter in Oct. 2013. Had two interviews in total. The hiring process was very very slow, and it was disorganized.

Interview Question – Find the anagrams among a list of words   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo interview questions and advice. All 488 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.