Yahoo

491 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details Very charismatic and welcoming people. No difficult questions.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Direct Response Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details 3 interview steps:
Over the phone where you will go over your CV
Interview with two yahoo's employees, basic interviews
Interview with 2 yahoo's managers, basic interviews

The process is quit long (between 2 and 4 weeks to get an answer after every steps)

Interview Question – None, basic questions   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2013.

Interview Details Just got an email from an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. The phone call took 40 mins and I was asked general questions about my current role and experience, as well as math and questions related to the advertising industry. Some of the questions are a bit naive...

Interview Question – Why this role?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details Had a brief phone interview with recruiter, scheduled face-to-face interview with hiring manager and one director.
Asked standard interview questions and discussed the industry a bit, interview went really well and invited for second stage interviews with a director and another manager. Again went really well.
Got positive feedback from all, and was told they will be preparing an offer.
I was then, to my astonishment, told that the position has been cancelled due to headcount review.

Interview Question – Nothing.   Answer Question

Advertising Operations (Junior) Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in December 2011.

Interview Details Phone interview, interview with associates and final interview with senior team members.
Very nice ad team in London, however the HR department is just badly organised.

Interview Question – Many situation based questions i.e. tell me a situation where you made a wrong decision, the right decision.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2010.

Interview Details First stage was HR interview over the phone going over your CV and soft skills.
Second stage was Phone interview with the hiring manager talking about past experiance and relevant skills for thefuture position.
Third stage was 1:1 interview with hiring manager, 2 team members and operations director. each interview was face to face and lasted 45 minutes. all on the same day so total of about 2-3 hours.

People were very nice and friendly. it was more of a conversation about past experiance and project management skills. some technical questions but not very difficult.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult team member?   View Answer

Custom Brand Experiences Project Manager Interview

London, England

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2011.

Interview Details I got a fast response from Yahoo after I applied for this position. They called me on Friday to arrange a telephone interview on Monday. I checked the interviewer's LinkIn profile and found out she was an inter HR that made me a bit concerned. The interview took place and the interviewer was nice, the questions were simple and standard. However I found it difficult to catch her English because she was clearly not British. I became a bit nervous after asking her to repeat her questions a few times. Also I can feel that she was getting frustrated. The interview did not go very smooth towards the end.

Interview Questions

Head of Content Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Yahoo in January 2009.

Interview Details I was interviewed by teams in different areas but the process was much longer than in other companies so by the time I was invited to a second interview I already had two other offers from other companies.

Interview Question – Can you give us an example of a time when you have had to deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Speed of process

Service Eng Ops, Associate Interview

Lockport, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details I was contacted by a Yahoo HR recruiter via LinkedIn. He expressed interested based on my background and experience. We set up an initial phone conversation to see if it was a good fit. We then set up a phone conversation for technical questions. From there I was given an application to submit to another HR representative whom organized an onsite interview. I was greeted with a couple of pages of technical questions before getting into the interview process. The onsite interview took about three hours and of all of the interviews I have been through with various companies, I feel like this group of individuals did the best at getting to know me. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Interview Question – What is one thing you could teach the people in the other room? (referring to other technicians in the NOC)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn last October. Because I was considering quitting my PhD program, I pinged back. After that, we had 3 rounds of phone interviews. In January, the manager decided to move forward with an offer. I was ready to go there. However, in February, they decided to give me an extra onsite. I was surprised. Because Yahoo was my only offer at that time, I prepared my coding interview in a hurry. I performed badly in the onsite interview and planned to move on. So I prepared another month for some of exciting startups. I was able to get an offer from Yahoo at the end of March, but the processing takes so long that I got more offers from elsewhere. At that time, I am no longer interested in Yahoo, so I just wrote back a thankyou letter and let it go.

Interview Question – You have 2B URLs, how to find the 95th percentile of all the sizes.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The slow processing of reimbursement and offer makes me quite disappointed about the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo interview questions and advice. All 491 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.