Zerin Business Consulting

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.4

Junior Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

The ad posted:

"Junior Executive: Will be trained to interact and communicate with potential and existing customers as well as develop professional and personal managerial skills. Developing strategies for effective communication and presentations, time management, how to win and keep customers and public speaking."

The job description was vague and the compensation was said to be $2,900to $3,500 a month.

For my first interview, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who chatted with me until it was time to be interviewed. I met with the owner of the company who was very pleasant to talk to. We talked about my skills and why I thought I was a good fit for a business management position. For my second interview, I was taken to a Starbucks down the road and I realized it was a pyramid scheme. I would be going door to door to try and sell Verizon Fios. I sat through a very boring and irritating speech about how I could be making 90k in so many months. The base pay starting out would be $100 a week plus commission. Hours were M-F 11:00 to 8:30 and Saturday 11:00 to 6:00ish. I was invited for a third interview but I knew door to door sales wasn't for me. They were very pushy with persuading me that this was the job for me. I thought taking a run for the door was more appropriate....

Door to door sales...

Mar 04, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us to further better our hiring process. As a small company we are continually looking for ways to improve.

We're glad to hear that you had a

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in February 2015.

I applied for a job they listed online and was called the next day by a recruiter. I then met with several recruiters in the office who work in different areas and would be helping me in the process. We talked about the best way to move forward and what I would be looking for in a career. Everyone was very helpful and willing to answer all the questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, it was a conversational interview about what I was looking for. Just make sure you have clear goals about what you want.   Answer Question

Mar 04, 2015

We hope that working with the

Junior Executive Interview

BE WARE THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB! I went in for an interview and spoke with someone for about 15 minutes then they told me to come in the following day for the second interview at about 11am. NEVER TOLD ME I'D BE THERE TILL 9PM!

I went in for the second interview and there were 3 other people like me. Then they partnered me with a person who already works there and we walked out of the building and went into his car. At this point I still had no idea what was going on. Then we went into this neighborhood, which was 45 minutes away. We got out of the car and started knocking on doors. I was so shocked at what had happened. I couldn't leave because I didn't have my car and we were so far if I took a cab it would have cost a lot of money. We walked knocking door to door for 8 hours when the person I was with told me there was no salary or hourly wage, it was all commission.

When we got back the person offered me the job and I kindly denied it. He kept trying to sell me the job but I didn't get my degree to walk door to door trying to sell Verizon.

Door to door sales job!

"entry Level Junior Executive" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

So I came into this job applying for what the title states. an entry level junior executive. From the description of the job it was sales, calling clients and keeping in contact with them. I figured out this was all a lie.

I came into the first interview excited. I noticed the parking garage wasn't as full as you would expect for a rather large business building in the heart of Tysons corner. That was my first concern. I made my way to the 9th floor and looking around the building it was very empty. Should have taken that as a red flag as well. I was greeted by the very friendly receptionist who I figured out was just another "manager trainee" (ill get to that in a few). She was very talkative as if they were trying to screen you before you even went back for your interview. For a company that had been in business for 4 years their office was very basic and looked like it wasn't finished. Another red flag. There were 5 other people there with me. My interview was short and quick and I was asked a few basic questions by the owner of the company. I was told nothing about the job or the company at that time and he didn't really leave me space to ask anything about the business or position. He told me I would be called later that day if they decided to bring me back for the second interview. The interview was only about 10 minutes if that.

I was called back for a second interview. I noticed there was a girl in there with me who was there the day before and that overall there were a lot of interviews going on. I was greeted by someone new sitting at the desk. For the second interview I was introduced to two people. They were corporate trainers. We were taken to a starbucks down the street which was already weird enough. You have an office why not interview people there? Somewhere without distractions. I was then finally explained the job. It was not what they advertised at all. You basically start off as a sales person, going door to door trying to sell Verizon fios to customers. Barely making ends meet for a month. Not the 2500-3900 they advertised in their job ad at all. Then you become a corporate trainer, just like the person interviewing you. Then asst management where you "learn the tools of the trade" and then a manager of your own company. What?!?! Where did the job posting state this? It didn't. You would run your own business but under the owner in a different place, they tried to make it sound glamorous by saying you would make six figures in roughly 3 years and you would have your very own office. Basically being the owners puppet making him tons of money if you were even successful and you could sucker other clueless people into the business. Huge pyramid scheme. I was then brought back to the office and interviewed by one more person and told I would hear within 24 hours if I was hired or not. I was called at 8 that night and offered the position. I knew the moment I left that office I wouldn't be taking the position and I was more than angry that they wasted my time.

You need to beware of this job. it is a pyramid scheme and any business who can not be straight forward about their job openings and what they are hiring for should not be allowed to be in operations. I would love to find a way to have this business reviewed.

Interview Questions
    • More personal questions. what do you do for fun, where do you see yourself in 5 years. etc.   Answer Question

Mar 05, 2015

It is unfortunate that you feel your

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I applied on Career build, and get a phone call. She send me a email to confirm a interview day. I had no idea what is account manager do.

Interview Questions

don't match my career path

Mar 05, 2015

We wish you the best luck with your

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2015.

3 simple interviews, they just wanna know you better. The people are nice and they present themselves well, so make sure you look the part. However, I applied for corporate trainer online, and was expecting to interview for that position. Instead they interviewed me for another job. They didn't want to tell me what the job was at the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question
    • What is more important to you, money, advancement or work environment?   Answer Question
    Simply refused the job - they were too vague about the job. Not a good sign.

We're glad to hear that you had a

Management Program Full Time Interview

They found me in some online database and called me. Scheduled an interview the second day. Simple questions asked like name one of your weaknesses and three of your strength. Called back for a second round interview where you shadow another employee and a final interview at the end of the day.

Mar 05, 2015

Thank you for taking time to review Zerin. We wish you the best on your future career path.

Management Training Programs Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

They'll call you first and as long as you can hold a decent conversation you'll get through to the next round. For the second round you go into their office for 2 hours or so and they ask you a few basic questions, but spend most of the time telling you about the job. They spend so much time on it because its probably not what you were expecting. They want you to start out going door to door selling FIOS in DC, but emphasize the options to advance beyond that. I think this would be a good option for someone who does not have a specific skill set and is willing to work hard because they teach you everything, but its not something would expect most college grads to go for.

Entry Level Interview

Basically, they find applicants who have posted their resumes to job posting websites and call them back. I do not even believe they checked my resume and after sitting down and speaking with the CEO and assistant manager, they basically told me how I will be making six-figures within a few years. Sounded like a sales pitch to find job applicants; in fact just plain desperate. Very few people actually stuck through the training and advance on from what I recall.

Interview Questions
    • I first received a call to come in for an in-person interview thinking it was a company I originally applied to; they received my resume from Monster.com. They say they’re a marketing and consulting firm but really it is simply door-to-door sales. I was a little bit put off but have been desperate for work since graduating from college recently. I figured I would gain some experience and money while looking for other places so I figured, “how bad could it be?” Boy was I wrong.
      After a few days, my interviewer took me to the field where we conducted our sales pitch to various prospective customers. After a few hours, she told me we had to make a stop in NE DC where her boyfriend (also an employee) lived. She left me in the car for quite some time and when she came back, clearly she was inebriated. Her entire demeanor changed and this quickly became the most unprofessional interview I had ever had. Needless-to-say I did not return after that point.

Answer Question

The interviewer was extremely unprofessional. In addition to the above, she spent most of the time on the phone on personal calls. The topics should not have been spoken about in front of fellow employees let alone someone who was interviewing.

Junior Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2014.

The company found my resume through my school career website and invited me in for an interview. The representative said she will send me an email to confirm the time, date, and information for the interview. However, I never received an email and had to call back to confirm. When I came to the interview, the interviewer told me it was a 3-round interview.

The first round was very brief and I was asked a few basic questions but did not receive any more information regarding the position. The second round was basically a conversation where I can hear more about the job and what I have to do. The job itself is basically going door to door to sell Verizon packages and you receive commissions based on how many you sold during the day.

Interview Questions
    • - Based on your past experiences, what do you think are three attributes that helped you to succeed?
      - What is one area you would like to improve on?
      - Where do you see yourself five years from now?

Answer Question

The prospect of going door to door selling Verizon packages did not seem appealing to me.