Zerin Business Consulting

Updated 28 Jan 2015
Updated 28 Jan 2015

2.4

Junior Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

BE WARE THIS IS A DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB! I went in for an interview and spoke with someone for about 15 minutes then they told me to come in the following day for the second interview at about 11am. NEVER TOLD ME I'D BE THERE TILL 9PM!

I went in for the second interview and there were 3 other people like me. Then they partnered me with a person who already works there and we walked out of the building and went into his car. At this point I still had no idea what was going on. Then we went into this neighborhood, which was 45 minutes away. We got out of the car and started knocking on doors. I was so shocked at what had happened. I couldn't leave because I didn't have my car and we were so far if I took a cab it would have cost a lot of money. We walked knocking door to door for 8 hours when the person I was with told me there was no salary or hourly wage, it was all commission.

When we got back the person offered me the job and I kindly denied it. He kept trying to sell me the job but I didn't get my degree to walk door to door trying to sell Verizon.

Door to door sales job!

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I applied on Career build, and get a phone call. She send me a email to confirm a interview day. I had no idea what is account manager do.

Interview Questions

don't match my career path

Management Program Full Time Interview

They found me in some online database and called me. Scheduled an interview the second day. Simple questions asked like name one of your weaknesses and three of your strength. Called back for a second round interview where you shadow another employee and a final interview at the end of the day.

Management Training Programs Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

They'll call you first and as long as you can hold a decent conversation you'll get through to the next round. For the second round you go into their office for 2 hours or so and they ask you a few basic questions, but spend most of the time telling you about the job. They spend so much time on it because its probably not what you were expecting. They want you to start out going door to door selling FIOS in DC, but emphasize the options to advance beyond that. I think this would be a good option for someone who does not have a specific skill set and is willing to work hard because they teach you everything, but its not something would expect most college grads to go for.

Entry Level Interview

Basically, they find applicants who have posted their resumes to job posting websites and call them back. I do not even believe they checked my resume and after sitting down and speaking with the CEO and assistant manager, they basically told me how I will be making six-figures within a few years. Sounded like a sales pitch to find job applicants; in fact just plain desperate. Very few people actually stuck through the training and advance on from what I recall.

The interviewer was extremely unprofessional. In addition to the above, she spent most of the time on the phone on personal calls. The topics should not have been spoken about in front of fellow employees let alone someone who was interviewing.

Junior Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2014.

The company found my resume through my school career website and invited me in for an interview. The representative said she will send me an email to confirm the time, date, and information for the interview. However, I never received an email and had to call back to confirm. When I came to the interview, the interviewer told me it was a 3-round interview.

The first round was very brief and I was asked a few basic questions but did not receive any more information regarding the position. The second round was basically a conversation where I can hear more about the job and what I have to do. The job itself is basically going door to door to sell Verizon packages and you receive commissions based on how many you sold during the day.

Interview Questions
    • - Based on your past experiences, what do you think are three attributes that helped you to succeed?
      - What is one area you would like to improve on?
      - Where do you see yourself five years from now?

Answer Question

The prospect of going door to door selling Verizon packages did not seem appealing to me.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2014.

I applied through one of the job boards. I was contacted by the director of human resources and we scheduled a phone interview. However, it didn't go far because we found that the job did not match my career interests.

Consultant Interview

I recieved a call from Zerin regarding a resume that I submitted. I was interested in the management trainee program. The interview was very brief. I figured out during the interview that the job is essentially telemarketing, not related to consulting at all.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with selling directly to consumers?   Answer Question

Sales Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in November 2014.

I was contacted by a Zerin recruiter who had come across my resume on Monster or some other site that I had it on. The position was in the sales department. It was not my typical area of expertise as I'm more design focused marketing. I had a quick phone call with the recruiter and was asked standard questions regarding why I was looking for a job, was I willing to relocate etc. After I set up an interview with the manger I received an email. The conversation with the manager was very focused on the processes and systems the sales department uses. This was about 30 minutes and the manager was a pleasure to talk to. He had a great sense of humor and the conversation although technical was enjoyable and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very hands on and interactive interview where I was able to see what the sales department does each day.   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in November 2014.

Contacted through university career database.
    Interviewed at their office within 3 days. First interview was more of screening by a manager. Behavioral stuff and explanation of what they do (basically door-to-door marketing).
    Got invited for second round a day after. Second round you are assigned a mentor and they take you out to a restaurant in the area. The mentor breaks the business process down and career progression within the firm.