Zerin Business Consulting

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.5

Entry Level Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

They brought me in for a first round interview where the interviewer asked me typical interview questions, wasn't difficult. Told me they would call me the next day if they want to do a second round interview. Got asked back for a second round interview which they told me I would be shadowing people for a day. When I got there, I met with several people and they told me we were going to go meet our clients. So I was thinking I would be in an office environment doing a typical daily job. Turns out I was driven out to DC by the two people I was shadowing with (who were very nice) and we walked in several neighborhoods doing door to door sales for Verizon Fios Cable. This was during the summer where it was at least 90 degrees outside, they never told me to wear comfortable shoes (I was wearing stilettos). I walked around with these people for 6 hours in the scorching hot sweating in my nice brand new work clothes. Was I told that we would be doing this? No...they clearly try to trick you on purpose into going to these second round interviews. As soon as I realized we were doing door to door sales I wanted to leave and basically say good riddance, but I rode in the car with them out there, so I had no choice but to stay all day. Now I will tell you, the people I was shadowing were very nice and knew what they were doing and how to make a sale. But they clearly meant to mislead me into shadowing a full day of door to door sales in high heels in 90 degree weather. This may be for some people, but definitely not for me. Oh and I almost forgot, I didn't get back to the office until 8pm for a "closing interview". If you dont want to sit in an office all day, then this is completely for you. However, the fact that you are doing labor work and only getting paid commission with no base salary is bull to me. Since then, i've been super careful to pay close attention to detail in job descriptions...usually for entry level positions they will say "a face to face approach with clients" so definitely watch out for that!

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between paid media, owned media, and earned media?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

Behavior based interview. A few preliminary questions such as "tell me about yourself." and then 5 behavioral questions. Took about 25 minutes. I was offered an interview from a career fair and the meeting was scheduled 2 weeks out. The preliminary interviewer advised me to research and implement the STAR method of interview. This includes describing the situation, stating all that happened in the even, and then the out come. This is the format you should answer in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   View Answer
    I was offered a second and third round interview.

Entry Level Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

I was recruited out of college. An interviewer came to my college and scheduled interviews in the business department. The interview took about 30 minutes. I was then invited to the office to have another interview. This interview was longer since I was shadowing the employee who I was potentially going to replace since they had received a promotion. They showed me what they do for the day then told me about the pay which was a combination of base pay plus commission. I met with the manager at the office and they offered me a position right then.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the table to help our clients?   View Answer
    No negotiation the pay was straight forward. Base plus commission.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

The interview was pretty easy. However it was a door to door sales with no base salary. it was selling a monthly FIOS service.

Interview Questions
    • How do you fell about being door to door sales   View Answer

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in August 2013.

Process usually begins with a follow up call from the manager to the location you applied at. Typically you'll need to go to the office location a few times for interviews. They will ask what you can contribute to the office, team, clients and customers. Asked about previous work experience both negative and positive. Pretty quick and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Returned to finish my masters instead

Junior Executive Interview

The in-person interview was very straightforward with typical questions you would expect. It felt as though it was more of an initial screening to see whether or not the candidates were personable. I was informed that I would receive a call later that day if I made it through to the following stage. I was called again before 6pm that night and asked to come in later that day to shadow an employee and discuss the technicalities of the job. However, after further researching the job I decided to withdraw from the application process. I realized this was a door-to-door sales position and I am not interested in that.

Interview Questions

I read reviews online that stated this was a door to door sales position and I am not interested in that at the moment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

They called me up very fast and said they were moving forward with my application which drew some suspicion. I went into the first interview and could tell this was a joke. The interview was really easy. The interviewer asked what I like to do for fun, which seemed unprofessional. I tried to ask more about the position but we tried really hard to go around it.
    Turns out it was just a door to door sales jobs they try to to get suckers to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2013.

Applied online and about a week later received a call from the office HR representative. Typical questions about current experience and education. Just make sure you arrive in style and make an errors to have some kind of rapport with the HR person. Remember people in HR generally have bubbly personalities so replicate that. Next step, during the day time was spent with the assistance manager that asked similar questions as the HR person. The next Monday I was called by HR. rep for the usual drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with elderly clients who don't understand the new technologies?   Answer Question
    Considering the economy there is not abreast to negotiate. I have an MBA and it's hard to find a full time position in my area.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2013.

I applied via linkedin with a resume drop. The next morning they called and wanted me to come in for a interview. First day was a quick 1:1 interview with the assistant manager, then the 2nd day was a followup with two Team leaders who took me out to lunch. I was originally suppose to shadow them on their days work that day but the rain gave us other plans and the interview was cut short.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you could handle managing a team of employees within a year? If so, why do you think we should pick you for the job?   View Answers (2)

The job description didn't match up to what I would really be doing. It seemed like a really fishy triangle scheme that I didn't want to get involved in, and the starting pay was something aroudn $300 a week which is hardly enough to pay rent in the Northern Virginia area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in June 2013.

I submitted my resume to this job posting at Zerin via Indeed.com. I was contacted for a quick screening call within three days, after which time we arranged a one-on-one in person interview. Most of this interview was spent reviewing my resume and talking about Zerin's door-to-door direct marketing strategy. Within a day I was invited for a second-round interview, which consisted of shadowing current Zerin employees as they walked door to door in a neighborhood targeted for their current marketing campaign. Be ready to answer interview questions throughout this period during down time and at lunch. Also, try to engage with residents even if current Zerin employees dominate the conversation. After a few hours of walking door to door we returned to Zerin's office for a final one-on-one sit-down with a manager. The second round shadowing portion took from 1:30 to 8:00 in the evening.