Zillow

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details 3 step interview process. First a phone interview with the recruiter. Than a video interview which is difficult because it's similar to talking to a wall. Then, you are called into the office to meet with 2 sales managers and the VP of sales. The face to face interviews were horrible. I was put in a dark room (similar to an interrogation room) and waited long times in between each interview. The questions they give you are fast paced and they expect you know your stuff when it comes to sales.

Interview Question – Real Estate agents have heard every pitch from every salesperson, what would you say to them that is different from everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details This was a pretty straightforward sales interview. HR phone interview, Sales Director Phone Interview, then in person interview with 2 sales managers and the sales director. Show enthusiasm, resiliency and that you're a hard worker. Those are important to you being successful in the position. Be prepared, research the company and be ready to sell something in the interview. They are very transparent, the job is not easy and they tell you that, but keep in mind all sales jobs are challenging. The interview process moves fast and they will make their decisions quickly.

Interview Question – Pitch me premier agent program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's a sales job, sell something to make money. Base pay is competitive and benefits are great.

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zillow in October 2013.

Interview Details Interviewing was , easier than most, they ask you to sale something fictitious , you go through 3 managers during the process, if chosen you will get a call the next day. You then put in a training class for two weeks. After that your in a on the job training for another two weeks

Interview Question – Sale me something. You have to make one thing up   Answer Question

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Zillow in March 2014.

Interview Details several phone interviews, very high energy and good questions, then you're asked to come in for on site interviews. They emailed permission to complete my background check.(which I received in the mail, all clear) Then the three interviews, sales manager, hiring manager and director of sales. In the face to face there was very little energy nothing like the phone. This was the day after St. Patricks day. They looked beat up,

Interview Question – When the hiring manager asked me "why do you want to get out of the Real Estate industry?" I said I did not think I was getting out of the Real Estate industry, just switching focus to help agents. He quickly scolded me and I mean scolded " We are not a real estate company, we are a media advertising company".   View Answer

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details Included 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Was a little challenging coming up with a mock sales call with pretend products on the spot.

Interview Question – Mock sales call with a product I had to invent.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details Had a total of four rounds of interviews. First round consisted of a basic phone interview with HR, Second round was a phone interview with one of the sales managers. Third round consisted of two interviews back to back with sales managers in-person. Final round consisted of an interview with the Chief Revenue Officer (The Chief Sales Officer was unable to make it that day). They like people with a lot of energy, The job is about making people excited about the product so its ok to sound excited to talk about them.

Interview Question – Who are our main competitors and what do we do different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They said there was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow in June 2013.

Interview Details Zillow's interview and hiring process for there "Inside Sales Consultant" position feels more like a cattle drive than a search for quality sales people. Their recruiting staff has no professional tact and is completely un-organized and not on the same page within their own department. Let me just break down how the whole process worked from start to finish:

1. I saw that their Seattle office was hiring Inside Sale people and I had a friend who works for them refer me to a recruiter.

2. He then called me and said that the recruiter liked the looks of my resume and that she would be calling me later that day for a phone screen (those were the recruiters exact words to my friend)... However, that day came to pass and the recruiter never called.

3. Two days later I finally got a call from the recruiter for my first phone screen, that conversation went well, so she then set up my second phone interview with a Sales Manager. The Sales Manager was much more on top of it than the recruiter and he actually called me when he was scheduled to (imagine that). That phone interview also went well and I was then told by the Sales Manager that a different recruiter would be calling me to se up a face-to-face interview.

4. I showed up for the face-to-face interview which lasted about an hour (with multiple Sales Managers) and then I was sent on my way home. The recruiter told me after the interview that they were looking to hire people quickly and that I would be receiving a call the next day to let me know either yes or no... Once again, the recruiter didn't call the next day. THREE DAYS LATER, she sent me a generic e-mail stating; "thanks for your interest, but we're pursuing other candidates). Not even a phone call.

5. I wanted a reason why they chose not to go with me, so that I could better myself for future interviews as I job search, so I called the recruiter... No answer, so I left her a voicemail. She never returned my call, so I sent her an e-mail. She never returned that e-mail either.

6. To top it all off, six days later I ended up getting an e-mail from a different Zillow recruiter asking me to call him because he thinks I'd be a great fit for their Inside Sales Position.........

So, if you like run-arounds with big corporations, people not keeping their commitments, and being ignored once you're (apparently) "out of the running", Zillow is definitely the company for you!

Interview Question – They through me into a roll playing senario for a cold call.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details Phone screen with recruiter. Phone "inteview" with sales manager. On site meeting with two sales managers as well as the VP of sales. Recruiter had reached out to me on linked in. Really I have nothing bad to say. Interviews went well, really liked one of the sales managers--another asked me a "gloves off" type of question that was odd as if I wasn't hungry enough to work there. They walked me around the offices, sales floor looked like something out of boiler room, but with more casual dress and headsets. But great environment if you ever left your desk and headset. Could have been a good opportunity, but looks like they just take any new sales person into the grinder. Sink or swim situation. They offered me the job hours after my interview. I ended up declining as I had other opportunities and a current job. If you are starting out in sales go for it, after learning quite a lot about the company I decided it just wasn't for me. Seemed more like a call center.

Interview Question – Nothing was too crazy. Maybe the "why did I not include my sales numbers on my resume" question. I rattled them off the top of my head, I feel like too many sales people indulge or even straight lie in regards. That is fine if they want a little exaggerating, I suppose that is what salespeople do to an extent.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I honestly had better opportunities and didn't want to work in a 90 + person call center making 120+ calls a day to real estate agents that already get called by every other company like theirs.

Inside Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zillow.

Interview Details Long and odd. They will ask you to sell them your favorite cookies. Then they will ask you to sell them your least favorite candy. They don't bring up quotas. Ask lots of questions.

Interview Question – Agents don't like our Zestimate. When they say that to you what would you say?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it did not exist.

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zillow in May 2012.

Interview Details I responded to an ad I believe that was posted on Craigslist promising a great salary and commission and saying the company was well--funded when such is not the case at all.

Negotiation Details – They would not allow me to negotiate at all

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zillow

Worked for Zillow? Contribute to the Community!

Zillow Videos

Zillow – Why Work for Us?

Zillow is an online real estate marketplace where homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents and mortgage professionals find and share vital information about homes and mortgages. Launched in early… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zillow Inside Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Zillow employees and interview candidates.