Zimmerman Advertising

Updated 17 Dec 2014
Updated 17 Dec 2014

2.3

Digital Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

The interview process is pretty relaxed and casual. Zimmerman Advertising will send you all over their building interviewing with every team till you find a spot that suits you best.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything crazy all standard interview questions.   View Answer

Creative Director Interview

It was quick and standard. They don't really have much leeway considering their reputation in the industry.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2014.

Following a brief phone interview, I was invited to their new Ft. Lauderdale office for a face-to-face interview. I was greeted by the two Talent Acquisition Specialists that scheduled the interviews and was then introduced to the two Traffic Managers I was scheduled to sit down with. The first sit down went well, the second was cold and borderline rude, and was seemingly concerned by my ambition of wanting to move up the corporate ladder. Yes, she was clearly looking for someone who would like to stay in the same position for years to come. And while I played it off during the interview, that was the first big red flag for me. Who wants to join a company that doesn't give you the opportunity to grow? Second red flag -which I initially chose to ignore during my phone interview- was the low pay, starting at $24,000/year regardless of the entry job level you were being offered. I believe that opportunity is more important than pay, but when you combine the lack of promotions possibilities this company exposed alongside their low salaries, it was close to impossible to picture myself being excited to dedicate long hours in this place.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Rundown of your resume, why you want to work for them etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Integrated Media Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in February 2014.

Applied on LinkedIn and did not know anything about the company before applying. Didn't expect a call back since I am out of state. Called the next by a recruiter and after the fielding questions concerning location, asked to set up a phone interview with 2 employees. Filled out and submitted a personality test the night before.

Scheduled call came in 30 min late. In telling the recruiter I work full time and can only dedicate so much time to a interview, this was already off to a bad start. The disrespect for my schedule was surprising, and they didn't ask to reschedule so I went with it to get it over with. Though I am already in the advertising industry as a media planner, the way they phrased questions regarding the small agency I work at and the work I do, you might think I was a biology student applying for a marketing role with no knowledge of the industry. I didn't even get a chance to talk about the national and international clients I buy media for before we moved onto the next question/concern. Ultimately, the location and size of our agency should not reflect on our clients or the service we provide for them. Left the interview feeling rather inferior to their large agency mentality.

Recruiter called later that day to give feedback. I called back with the intent of pulling my name from consideration, was sent to voicemail and didn't get called back. If you demand respect, you should try giving it sometime.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of questions about your resume, what you do, if you would relocate on your own dime, etc.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

Phone interview, in-person interview, discussion with HR, then hired.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very generic interview. I don't recall any questions that were too difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer. I tried negotiating and they told me it was non-negotiable.

Assistant Digital Analyst Interview

I applied online and received a quick response. I had a phone interview with a recruiter at the Florida office. Then about a week later, I met with two employees in person at the Dallas office. The interview was fairly informal and very conversational.... not just the common question and answer interview format. It lasted about an hour. None of the questions were out of the ordinary and they were very engaging.

Interview Questions
    • They asked most of the common questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Junior Integrated Media Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

It was a very positive experience!

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

The recruiter was really nice, and showed interest in having someone eager to learn and with experience. Said to keep in touch if was interested.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult, but was expected to show your knowledge on the interview.   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

I tempted here for a while before being hired permanently. I was here a while so the process was easy.

Interview Questions
    • The pay isn't enough. The people who do the actual work don't get paid enough. This place is for experience only but skip this if you're looking for good pay.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising.

I contacted the recruiter via email after a career fair at my university. My first round interview over the phone lasted a total of 30 minutes. I believed it went quite well, but when told that transportation would be required and my housing would not be compensated, I reconsidered and opted out.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked fairly general questions. I can not recall any particularly difficult questions asked during the interview. I have learned from peers who have taken the position that the agency culture is unforgiving and fast paced.   Answer Question