eBay Enterprise

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.9

Campaign Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Got a call from HR for a short interview. HR person was pleasant, gave a detailed description of job requirement and answered my questions regarding the job and what was required of the candidate to do the job well. I had actually applied for a different job and was deemed suitable for this instead because of the skills needed. Went for the interview a few days later and it was one of the worst interview I've ever attended. There were 3 parts. A skills test, interview with the Client Lead and one with the team. Client lead was weird, trying hard to be the good cop and your cool buddy. He wants to be on your side, and claims that he is different from the rest but when I asked what they did for fun, he kinda clammed up. The team consisted of a snarly project manager and one other nice team mate. These are the people the candidate will be working with. The project manager had very poor bedside manners, I've never been so insulted to be interviewed by anyone my whole life. I was so offended by her lack of professionalism that I gave up and decided that I was never going to work for this team ever. She was rude. Also, for a fairly simple job that only required HTML and CSS skills, they seemed bent up on the fact that I've never worked on a EDM software. Which was weird when they had me do a test on Dreamweaver. An editor is an editor, NO I was also asked questions regarding my age and marital status and children. Seemed like it could be a deciding factor in their decision making.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not kidding about these questions.
      From client lead: Do you believe in aliens?
      From Queen B: Are you married? Do you have kids? How old are you?

Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2014.

I applied through the internet job search and received an email from the recruiter. Later she called me after few follow up and after discussing the salary and other information she schedule the telephonic interview and i was done with that. After clearning that they schedule half day interview with the team .. there was 5 rounds of the interview and i satisfied each and every one.

After 2 days i received a confirmation from the recruiter that i did well in the interview and she want to initiate the background check, which took about a week. After background check HR was missing for about a week and after one week she called me to discuss about the offer, we discussed the details about joining timelines and salary , she told me that she will talk to the hiring manager and get back to me with an offer.

For about one week she just disapper, after one week i sent here an email and she revert back that They are revising the offer for me. Till 1 week there was no communication i sent her 2 reminders but she didn't get back to me.

After 1 week i thought of sending a thank you note to the hiring manager to get the actual status of the job, I sent a nice email to hiring manager though linked in on satuday. After few hours i received a reply from the HR saying sorry that she couldn't get back to me and she mentioned that Offer is still getting revised.

On next monday i receive an emil from the HR saying that position is got cancelled and becuse of that they can't go further. I checked the job status online in their system and it was showing the job status as open.

I feel very low after that because it took exactly 2 months for this overall process and for 1 month they kept me hanging that they are revising the offer. (May be they were looking for some cheaper resource during that period.)

Interview Questions
    • It was a very drill down interview and they asked question related to automation , rest full services, core java, and design questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Quality Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2014.

Applied online and received a response right away from a Talent Acquisition rep and setup a phone interview right away. The phone interview consisted of two software engineer developers running the interview which was weird since I was expecting someone with Quality Assurance Software testing experience to run the interview.

The interview was all Software Developer based questions (I'm not a developer, nor did the job description or my resume state ANYTHING about coding software only) . The interview done by the developers was also done on a speaker phone so the questions were muffled and had to be repeated due to the audio going in and out as a speaker would do. So basically the job description should had stated they were looking for a software developer not a QA Analyst software tester. One of the gentlemen interviewing actually admitted they were looking for someone that USED to be a developer and did nothing but coding. If that's the case put it in the description!

High Fashion Inbound Calls Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Was contacted for a seasonal position, asked to come in the next day. The interview was strange they interviewed us 6 at a time and went around and asked us each "Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and what you did" so it was a bit awkward to do this in a group setting. We then had to call a number and use a pin and sort of roleplay 3 different call scenarios. After this we were told they'd contact those who were to move forward by the end of the day. I received no call and shrugged it off until I got a call the next day and was asked to come in the following morning which I agreed to. This time there were 50+ people waiting for their 1st interview and the recruiter took us back in 2's for the high fashion positions, we were asked basic "tell me about a time" questions and to give details about ourselves. Upon finishing I was asked to stay and the person with me was told they'd be called - I was scheduled for orientation at that time.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your area of opportunity" I haven't had a ton of jobs so this threw me as I have never heard the phrase before.   Answer Question
    No negotiating they have plenty of people in line for your seat, you are able to pick shifts, days off etc assuming they aren't taken.

Seasonal Customer Service Work From Home Interview

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

I was contacted by Adecco (the staffing agency) the day after I applied. I was then instructed that I would have to drive an hour to meet with the staffing agency for an interview and I was sent e-mails where I filled out all of my payment and tax information (before the interview, mind you). I also had to take a few tests online to determine if I could problem solve, type fast, etc. I drove all the way to the in-person interview that lasted about 10 minutes. It wasn't even an interview then I was told someone from eBay Enterprise was going to call me for a phone interview. The interview was about five questions and very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions. They did ask how this position related to your future goals.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2014.

Applied via the website and got a phone call the next day to setup an interview at the end of the week
    The interview was quite easy, just completed online assessments and background check before the day. Came in with my resume in hand and then got interviewed for the position.

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2014.

You get lead to believe you are going to be hired....5 interviews later, they do not hire you or anyone else.... they do not hire you unless you are an entry level worker. If you are a polished professional, forget it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation with a customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

I had a phone interview, take home technical test and in-person interview with four different people. I was told that I should be prepared to work 45-50 hours per week, and more at crunch time. The process was very slow, but pleasant.

Senior Specialist, Client Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2014.

HR contacted me within days of my application. Then it moved very fast with a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in-person interview the next week which was very laid back and comfortable. All went well and expected an offer based upon what was said during the interview. Was told I would receive a call from HR. Sent a follow-up a week after. Still no reply. Only found out I did not get the job by looking at my profile in the online system.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most nervous about regarding this position.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Several rounds of interviews, case style questions, as well as general behavioral stuff. Not any different from any other large, fortune 500 company interview process. Met with several people, at several levels, including the GM of the product, hiring manager, and future team members.