eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.9

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in December 2011.

Efficient process, interviewers took the time to get to know me, thorough and fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Who from your current employer is going to call and yell at me when I hire you?   Answer Question
    the offer was compelling and exactly what I was looking for, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eau Claire, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2011.

After taking a computer test you are called back for a group interview, approximately 5 prospective employees at a time. They asked all of the "canned" questions such as "Give us an instance where you were able to change someone's mind" or "What is your greatest strength/ biggest weakness" The interview process was fairly straight-forward although a bit hectic.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, it was like they took an interview script from the internet.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - basically a "take-it or leave-it" type of job

Pick/Pack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shepherdsville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2010.

1 interview, seasonal position. Drug test, one interview, a day of paid training and doing all the required paperwork. They spelled out what they expected of their employees and that was pretty much it. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. After all it was a seasonal position that any monkey with half a brain and and a wee bit of ambition could do.

Director, Project Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2009.

3 sets of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. some questions regarding past behavior and functional expertise   Answer Question
    They made me an offer, I asked for some perks and we were good

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2009.

The interview process seemed to go well. There was a phone screen which, in retrospect, should have been a warning. There was only one formal interview; it was probably the easiest interview I've ever had. Because I was trying to escape a nightmare job, I asked if I could come in for a day and spend some time with them. They said yes. I came in for a day and had a pretty good time. I doubt they'll let anyone do that these days.

Interview Questions
    Ask for more money. I went through a recruiter that was a very bad negotiator. Later I found out that a co-worked made $50,000 more than me. I wasn't happy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2011.

The hiring process at GSI is very simple. You complete an application online and then, if your skills match what they are looking for, you receive a call from a recruiter. The recruiter will give you basic information about the position, and ask you to take some online tests. These tests cover your basic computer skills (navigation, typing, etc.) and then you have a test that covers basic customer service skills. Once you take the test and you meet their requirements, you are called in for an interview. I had a group interview with 3 other people and two facilitators. The facilitators were current Supervisors or Team Leads in the department you are going into. They ask the usual questions, how do you deal with angry customers, what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, etc. Once the interview was over I received a call from HR advising that I received the job and they offered me a choice of schedules.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2011.

Had 3 interviews, quick and easy process. Submitted resume and was contacted with in 3 days. Started the position 3 weeks later

Interview Questions
    a few emails back and forth

Seasonal Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2012.

Applied through a staffing agency. Participated in a 1 hour group interview. No 1 on 1 questions. We went around the table and answered questions about difficult situations or people at previous jobs and how we handled things.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an angry customer or person encountered on the job and how the situation was diffused   Answer Question

The pay is only $9. Even though it is telecommuting (working from home) I felt that it was too small of an offer. No negotiation of pay rate accepted.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eau Claire, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2008.

I interviewed for a seasonal position and the initial interview was a group interview next to 8-10 other candidates. Interview questioning included basic behavioral questions. After the group interview is a very basic computer-based typing and grammar skills test.

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions were standard behavioral questions ("Describe a time when...") and ethics questions ("What would you do if a co-worker..."   Answer Question
    None.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2012.

Take a bus to the office in King of Prussia,PA, spend more than one hour without any reimbursement. And then they told me one of 2 interviewers is out of town and only one interviewer that day. And that interviewer was busy. The interviewer process was also very quick and keep on ask whether you have similliar projects experience for the position. At the end of interviewer process, hr told me would get the result several weeks later. At the end, I spent one more hour back home. Right now, it is about half a year and didn't get any reply. It's wasting my time for that interview and it is most terrible interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any simillar project experience to persuade me to offer you the position   View Answer