hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg.

After scheduling the interview I got on this website to read reviews and interview and was very discouraged. My experience was just as it is described in the reviews. From the second I walked in the store I could tell there was a lack of management. Employees were cutting up and congregating near front of store, yet no one made an attempt to greet me (assuming they thought I was a customer) i told someone why I was there and they pretty much said cool and did not make an attempt to contact manager to alert him I was there. Manager finally comes out and tells me to wait for him. While I'm waiting an employee asked me if I needed help. By this point it is well past the scheduled interview time. Manager finally gets me and we do the interview in the middle of the furniture sales floor. Yes thats right, sitting on couches doing an interview while customers and employees are walking by and around us talking. Ridiculous and awkward. Standard interview. Young inexperienced sales manager that obviously had no proper training or experience in interviews. The whole thing was a joke and very shady.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about experience and morals. Standard interview questions asked straight from a written script. Only difficult thing was interviewer pretty much asked the same question twice and I was forced to come up with a different answer to the same question.   Answer Question

Company seems very sketchy. High turnover rate.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Very long process. Submit application and take assessment. You will then be called in for an initial interview. If they are interested, they will submit a background check. When that finally comes back, they will call you to take a drug test and possibly interview you again.If drug test comes back negative, they will call and offer you a position and a start date. If you are going into management, negotiate your starting pay.

Interview Questions
    • If you are dealing with a customer and the only way to take care of and satisfy them is to break a company policy, what would you do?   View Answer
    They tried to low ball me. I stood my ground and asked for more. They actually came back with an offer higher than I asked for.

Home Theater Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg.

Applied online, got a call from them a few days later to come for an on-site interview. It went well, manager asked just a couple behavioral questions, asked for my opinion on how I'd rate myself in selling the following: Computers, TV, Home Audio, Furniture. Asked one seller related question (sell me this plastic stand). Not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend I'm a customer, and sell me this plastic stand on this table.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

I found an online that hhgregg was looking for MITs for the Augusta, GA area. I applied and was promptly contacted for an interview. Once I arrived at the interview the General Manager quickly gave me the company history, asked me the usual interview questions, and then proceeded to talk me into a position on the sales floor as a commissioned sales associate. This company usually hires management from within or experienced managers from outside regardless of your educational background. Apparently my MBA was not enough to qualify me for a management position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to take a sales associate position?   View Answer

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at hhgregg.

Started with the Operations Manager (your direct supervisor), asked basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Afterwards, you will be called back for a second interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    n/a pay can fluctuate slightly depending on experience but not much leeway. It's a customer service job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

Interview with one assistant manager.

no negotiation at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

I received an email to inform me that I had an interview. I showed up and informed them that I used to work for Sears. They showed me how much money I could make from selling products. I was then taken over to another manager and given an impromptu interview with the electronics manager. After that, I was taken to the computer to finish my employment paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • None, I had been previously employed by their competitor.   Answer Question
    There was none.

Electronic Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at hhgregg in January 2013.

Simple, they are always desperate for people (very high turn over). As long as you can sell, have some experience you're hired. They will promise you will be able to be a MIT asap, but in reality their MIT program is low paying and not worth the trouble.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience. How would you demo speakers   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at hhgregg in January 2013.

After recruiter phone interview and hiring manager phone interview, you will be invited to corporate office for team interview. Be Prepared for 4-5 people to fire questions at you related to design patterns, current projects, and OOP vocabulary. You also may want to know your favorite leader and why.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at hhgregg in November 2012.

Pretty straight forward interview. It was more like a conversation and less like an interview. Asked more life questions. Examples of work history and duties. Prioritizing job tasks. The store manager and Home theater manager were present. Most of the questions came from the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
    100% commision