hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.0

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jensen Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jensen Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2012.

very long took about 4 weeks from start to finish and you need to keep up with them they forget to check on it. The drug test is pretty fast but if you dont call them to remind them to check there email you may never hear from them again, the background test takes a few weeks per county and again you have to call them to remind them your being hired pretty aggravating

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiating its there way or no way

Home Theater Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2011.

I went through two interview at this employer. I was asked questions like how do i expect to sell on a high level when it comes to talking people into adding accessories and bundles to each sale? Also things like name a time that you had to overcome a situation with another coworker and how was it solved?

Interview Questions
    • Name all of the brands of electronics you can think of?   View Answer
    This job is strait commission and does not do hourly

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Two interviews, initial interview askign a lot of questions like why hhgregg, what assests can you bring to the table and such.

Second interview is an explanation of how you get paid and what you qualify for, here you find out the structure is hideous and so is the pay.

there was none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in October 2012.

I received a call 2 days after I submitted my application and the hiring manager asked me to go into more detail about my cellular experience. I was originally hired to be a Verizon and Computer Associate for Hhgregg.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be overly difficult or hard. Moving to straight commission was a new idea for me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at hhgregg in January 2012.

Asked if in could sell, told them I had 10 years experience of retail sales and appliance sales under my belt. Was hired on the spot. They had 4 sales people in DRAW and needed help fast.
    Took a drug and they did a background check andni was working in week, after 3 days of super boring and dry training.

No negotiating. All commission sales

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2013.

Applied online for Management Trainee. Received call about 10 days later. asking for interview, and they explained they do not hire managers from outside, but from their sales floor. Was I interested? We set up the interview, and I studied all the info on this website in relation to this company, and wrote down every question in the interview segment. I then studied my answers to those questions. The interview was with the electronics sales manager and went well enough that he asked if I wanted to have my second interview (standard procedure) the same day. I waited in the general area 2 hours for the 2nd interview with the Appliance Manager, and this interview was more relaxed and informative. I was then told I was being considered for appliances. After the background check (3 days) and the drug test (1 day), I was hired. I later asked why appliances, and was told they like the "older, more mature" people on that side of the store because customers want to talk with people who have bought all these items themselves. The electronics side has many younger, but (commonly thought) tech savvy people to sell.

Interview Questions
    • 4 main questions were asked in the 1st interview. 1. Why do you want to work HERE? Not just any store, but HERE?
      2. Why should I hire you?
      3. What do you know about Hhgregg? Study this one! It becomes part of the greeting to new customers.
      4. Tell me about yourself.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay is standard 100% commission. The breakdown is 1% all sold, plus 12% of the profit of each item, after cost. Pay also on service plans, 8%-22% with the more you sell, the more you make. The service plans with Hhgregg are actually a good value for the customer, as well as making you money.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in June 2009.

Hiring process was brief and simple. Received a job application and completed it at my home. Took the application to the store and gave it to the manager. I had a sit down interview with the manager at that time and was then offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Sales specific questions on product features and benefits.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

I applied to a manager in training position. They hired me as a salesman with the understanding that after a month if i proved I could sell I would be put into the program. That unfortunately wasn't the end result, after a month I was informed that I needed to improve as a salesmen before I could get into the program. With the lack of business and the massive number of employees that were scheduled each day made it virtually impossible. In the meantime you make $8 an hour and they tell you most salesmen ave $18. Thats far from true they give you access to all the commission history after about a week you realize most employees make maybe $10 and a few top earner make $20.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pembroke Pines, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2012.

expectations were set for requirements needed to be successful and all tools where brought up at time for success.

Warehouse Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg.

Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Don' remember