Interview Questions & Reviews

www.goldmansachs.com  /  HQ: New York, NY

184 Interviews

3.3

Difficult

Interview Questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

“Can you say: "Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper" and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?”

1 of 1 found helpful

“What is customer service for you”

Trader at Jane Street

27 Apr 2011

“was asked this question today...you want buy a car at an auction whos price is uniformly distributed between 0-1000 if you bid more than the car you win it at the price you bid.if you bid less that…”

“We consider numbers from 1 to 1 million. How many digits 2 are there”

1 of 1 found helpful

“You roll two die: What is the probability of rolling a 10 and an 11 before rolling a 7?”

“If I write down all of the numbers from 1 to 1,000,000 on a page, how many times do I write down the digit 2?”

Consultant at Oxera

3 Mar 2011

“It was a subquestion regarding an aspect of economic regulation. I might have found it more difficult due to my lack of exposure to the field.”

“What product division would you like to work in?”

“The questions were not very difficult but you really need to have all the concepts crystal-clear and be ready to apply them successfully. One of the questions was "how to count the letters in this…”

“2nd Round: You have a deck of cards, 26 red, 26 black. These are turned over, and at any point you may stop and exclaim "The next card is red.". If the next card is red you win £10.

What's the…”