No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
“I worked in the Global Finance Capabilities Team and was able to get a high level overview of different parts of finance ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at GlaxoSmithKline as an intern (more than an year)Pros
- Great work life balance, and I only have to work over normal hours during project peak times, which is not that frequent.
- Line managers are genuinely supportive of your personal development (not sure if it was because I worked in the capabilities team), I went on QuickStartModules which helped me become more enterprise minded and proactive in questioning/challenging the status quo.
- I was able to explore different pats of finance and had the opportunity to work at CBS (Core business services) and shadowed a Finance Partner in Global Franchises.Cons
- Perhaps it because I'm involved in projects that have peak and down times, but there are times when I have almost nothing to do.
- As interns, we are required to do most of the administrative or tedious work, though I guess that is expected almost everywhere.
- I applied for a finance internship, but if I did not proactively seek to work in a different team, I would have had no experience in financial work at all because the team I work with is mostly projects-based.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Most of the managers are friendly and CEO has a strong emphasis on transparency (perhaps that is in light of China scandals).RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO