Mozilla – San Francisco, CA
*Create prospecting strategies and materials*Create a roster of prospects and be responsible for the relationship with these partners for Content… Ivy Exec
Mozilla – Mountain View, CA
Company is looking for a Global Benefits Manager to lead the design, implementation, communication and administration of competitive benefits… Ivy Exec
3 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Mozilla full-time (more than a year)Pros
• Great, smart people
• Ability to work on products that are used by millions
• Incredibly dedicated community
• Ability to travel and work remotely
• Good compensation for working in open source
• More transparent than other companies with the ability to have an open dialogue with management and co-workers.Cons
• Because of the work remotely policy offices (at least in the Bay Area) were empty. If you like to work in person with your co-workers you will struggle here.
• Far more corporate and "big company" than I expected with all the politics, bureaucracy and indecision I had experienced at large companies I had worked for.
• Strategy on my own product and company overall was unclear. This made the culture tense and sometimes toxic.
• Too many things to do and not enough resources.Advice to ManagementAdvice
• Re-evaluate workspaces in San Francisco and Mountain View and either scale down facilities or think of other ways (splitting space with small companies, creating a co-working space, etc.) so offices are more full and lively.
• Make sure that cultural fit is a high priority for hiring.
• Quit acting scared and fear-based. Build morale.
• Focus on where Mozilla can have an impact instead of trying to partner with strange bedfellows (operators) or directly competing with much bigger companies with thick pockets (Google).
• Figure out what the future is going to look like and aim there. Don't over invest in legacy products (browser).Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookNo opinion of CEO