Universal Electronics (CA)
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Universal Electronics (CA) Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Universal Electronics (CA) full-time for more than a yearPros
New office so desks and chairs are still clean.Cons
1. No means of work/life balance
A) HQ development team not understanding timezone differences. sometimes people calling at 1 or 2AM.
B) Management asking to have a meeting at 2AM / 3AM in the morning & not attending to it.
C) too dependent on one person. Once involved in 8 deals all running in parallel.
D) even after resignation, constantly calling for help. Management not thinking this is a shame
Once or twice, is understandable but almost everyday is not understandable.
Side effect of counting too much on one person, but have no plans of increasing because of laws.
2. Corporate culture
A) scream more to get more (complain a lot for a raise)
B) too many resignations (due to lack of management and harassment)
C) not a manufacturer, but a solutions provider. no or little knowledge of manufacturing.
D) Constantly preaching value (consulting), but in the end follow customer needs.
3. Threatens to fire for arrogation of authority but Sales controlling the Application engineers.
Does not realize that is also considered an arrogation of authority.Advice to ManagementAdvice
1. Do not hire people with their background experience, but with their potential to dedicate themselves in an environment where a person is constantly screaming.
2. Strongly recommend to show candidates reality instead of ideal image. Nobody is interested in your utopia
3. Lead and show value before ordering others to show value. Should prepare an ideal role model up front.
4. Highly recommend to stop making up selfish reasons to why people resigned.Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO