Broadridge is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven-solutions to banks, broker-dealers, mutual funds, and corporations globally. Our systems and services include investor communication solutions, securities processing and operations. In short, we provide the infrastructure that helps the financial services industry operate. With 50 years of experience, we provide financial services firms with advanced, dependable, scalable and cost-effective integrated services to help run their businesses.
Through our services, we help reduce the need for our clients to make significant capital investments in operations infrastructure allowing them to increase focus on their core business activities. We serve a large and diverse client base in the financial services industry, including retail and institutional brokerage firms, global banks, mutual funds, annuity companies, institutional investors, specialty trading firms, and clearing firms. We also provide services to corporate issuers.
For the world’s prominent banks; retail, institutional and discount brokers, clearing houses, mutual funds and hedge funds; investment managers and corporate issuers – Broadridge is the trusted and preferred choice for delivering services in operations infrastructure.
We deliver a broad range of solutions that help our clients better serve their retail and institutional customers across the entire investment lifecycle, including pre-trade, trade, and post-trade processing. Our securities processing systems enable our clients to process securities transactions in more than 50 countries. On an annual basis, we distribute over one billion investor communications, including proxy materials, investor account statements, trade confirmations, tax statements and prospectuses; and on average we process trillions of dollars of fixed income and equity trades per day.
Broadridge helps financial institutions and corporate issuers in two ways, through technology and operations outsourcing, and across a number of business categories. Because of our deep experience and world-class capabilities, our clients entrust us with mission-critical responsibilities. Across a wide range of needs, Broadridge offers not only services, but solutions for your business.
Investor Communication Solutions
Broadridge’s flexibility and proxy management expertise helps our clients meet current and future regulatory requirements with confidence. We facilitate getting the vote quickly and efficiently while maximizing transparency.
Specifically, our Investor Communication Solutions business involves the processing and distribution of proxy materials to investors in equity securities and mutual funds, as well as the facilitation of related vote processing. ProxyEdge®, our electronic proxy delivery and voting solution for institutional investors, helps ensure the participation of the largest stockholders of many companies. We also provide the distribution of regulatory reports and corporate action/reorganization event information, as well as tax reporting solutions that help our clients meet their regulatory compliance needs. In addition, we provide financial information distribution and transaction reporting services to both financial institutions and securities issuers. These services include the processing and distribution of account statements and trade confirmations, traditional and personalized document fulfillment and content management services, marketing communications, and imaging, archival and workflow solutions that enable and enhance our clients’ communications with investors. All of these communications are delivered in paper or electronic form.
Securities Processing Solutions
Broadridge offers a suite of advanced computerized real-time transaction processing services that automate the securities transaction lifecycle, from desktop productivity tools, data aggregation, performance reporting, and portfolio management to order capture and execution, trade confirmation, settlement, and accounting. Our services help financial institutions efficiently and cost-effectively consolidate their books and records, gather and service assets under management, focus on their core businesses, and manage risk. With multi-currency capabilities, our Global Processing Solution supports real-time global trading of equity, option, mutual fund, and fixed income securities in established and emerging markets. In addition, our operations outsourcing solutions allow broker-dealers to outsource certain administrative functions relating to clearing and settlement, from order entry to trade matching and settlement, while maintaining their ability to finance and capitalize their business. Recently, we extended our services to the buy-side through our acquisition of Paladyne Systems.
Broadridge works to help our clients:
Our solutions translate into tangible benefits.
- Providing accurate and reliable reporting
- Streamlining communications and operations processes
- Effectively helps manage compliance with existing and future regulatory requirements
- Employing new technologies for investors and advisors to access information and participate more easily
- Controlling – and reducing – the cost of building processing infrastructure and maintaining systems
- Saving time with the convenience of a single source instead of multiple providers
- Automating cumbersome manual processes – for greater accuracy and lower risk
- Aggregating data from multiple sources, making it easier to access and easier to use
- Improving front-office client service with desktop productivity tools for advisors, portfolio management and performance reporting
- Accommodating multi-currency, multi-language global trading capabilities
Broadridge began as the brokerage services division of ADP in 1962. Since then, we’ve grown to be a valuable partner for the world’s leading financial institutions and corporate issuers – handling millions of trades involving trillions of dollars every day and over one billion investor communications per year. We became an independent, publicly-traded company in 2007.
Broadridge – Proud of our five decades of success.
1962 – The Brokerage Services division of ADP opened for business with one client, processing an average of 300 trades per night.
Our business focused on US-based securities processing solutions until 1979 when we began processing Canadian securities.
In the 1980’s, we started our Investor Communication Solutions business and in the first year of operations, we provided proxy services to 31 major clients.
Then in the 1990’s Broadridge embarked on a series of strategic acquisitions that enabled us to broaden our offering and provide greater value to our clients. These acquisitions allowed us to:
- Provide the global financial community with transaction processing systems that offered multi-currency clearance and settlement.
- Process fixed income, as well as equity transactions.
- Increase our proxy service capabilities to encompass electronic delivery, voting and tabulation services for corporate issuers and mutual funds in the US, Canada and the UK.
Prominent achievements in the 1990’s:
- 1993 – ShareLink® is launched, permitting clients the ability to send laser-printed dividend checks with personalized communications to their shareholders.
- 1994 – StreetLink® is launched, a cost-effective alternative to traditional glossy, expensive quarterly reports, and can be printed and mailed within three days.
- 1994 – Introduction of ProxyEdge®, a tool to support electronic, real-time voting to institutional investors.
- 1996 – New telephone proxy voting enables same-day vote tabulation for all shareholders.
- 1996 - We purchased the fixed income processing business during the 1990’s and now process trillions of dollars of financial settlements every day.
- 1997 – Investor Communications business system attains ISO 9002 Certification, underscoring our superior level of quality assurance.
- 1997 – Introduction of Gloss HV, a multi-instrument, multi-currency trading and settlement system.
- 1998 – Introduction of Internet proxy voting and electronic delivery of shareholder communications.
The 2000’s are marked with expansion of services and innovation. We began trading as an independent public company in 2007.
During this decade, we:
- Expanded production and distribution capabilities to provide print-on-demand, electronic delivery and archiving services
- Gained global acceptance of our proxy services
- Entered the stock transfer agency business
- Introduced technology-driven services that enable shareholders to communicate with one another in a secure environment, participate in annual meetings via the Internet, and vote their proxies on mobile devices
- Developed cutting edge e-solutions that help clients reduce cost and facilitate the proxy process, as well as transaction reporting and pre- and post-sale fulfillment
- Revolutionized business process outsourcing by offering the ability to outsource virtually any back-office, middle-office, corporate, finance or accounting function
- Began serving the buy-side with order management and portfolio management systems, data aggregation, reference data management, pricing, data warehousing, hosting and reporting
Notable innovations during the 2000’s:
- 2001 – Received ISO 9000 Certification for our brokerage processing system
- 2002 – Introduced Japanese language version of Gloss trade processing product
- 2004 – Launched new Intelligent Print solution that combines per portfolio processing, print-on-demand and selective offset printing to significantly reduce the costs associated with variable annuity compliance documents
- 2005 – Third party research and analysis is integrated to the ProxyEdge electronic voting platform, creating a single visit tool for research, voting, and recordkeeping
- 2006 – Introduced a comprehensive year-end tax information reporting service to brokers through alliance with The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- 2007 – Launched Ascendis, a new suite of solutions to optimize processing by utilizing customized workflow tools
- 2008 – Launched Investor Mailbox, which streamlines multiple delivery channels into a single-visit financial portal, creating optimum client and staff access to regulatory delivery notices, day-to-day account and investment information
- 2008 – Receives the prestigious ISO 27001 Certification – distinguishing us for our superior information security
- 2009 – Launched Virtual Shareholder Meeting service offering ability to validate investors that attend, question and vote online during the annual meeting
- 2009 – Expanded by acquiring Access Data to advance our data aggregation and data management solutions for the mutual fund industry
- 2010 – Entered the transfer agency business with the acquisition of StockTrans, extending our proxy and shareholder communication services to include more recordkeeping services and processing corporate actions
- 2010 – Expanded our international reconciliation, multi-asset process automation and operational risk management solutions to the global financial services industry through our acquisition of City Networks
- 2010 - Mobile ProxyVote® launched, allowing stockholders to use any browser-enabled mobile or tablet computing device to cast proxy votes
- 2011 - Added DigitalMail, empowering consumers to receive bills, statements and financial documents from multiple providers using a single application
- 2011 - Launched Optimal Proxy™, a proxy campaign management solution for mutual funds that analyzes details of a fund’s stockholder base, delivering greater proxy planning accuracy and campaign control for proxy events
- 2011 – Expanded our business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions beyond traditional securities processing; in alliance with IBM, we can perform administrative functions for firms in addition to back-office and middle-office securities processing services
- 2011 – Acquired Matrix, a mutual fund processing solution for third party administrators
- 2011 – Significantly expanded our services to buy-side clients through our acquisition of Paladyne Systems
- 2013 – Launched ProxyPulse, a preview of shareholder voting trends as they take shape, in collaboration with PwC’s Center for Board Governance
- 2013 – Expanded our fee and expense management solutions offering through our acquisition of Bonaire Software Solutions, LLC
- 2013 – Began collaboration with Accenture in new post-trade processing solution for banks operating in Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East
Our Commitment to the Communities Where We Work and Live
Broadridge strives to be an engaged stakeholder in the communities in which we work and live. For this reason, we seek to make social investments with lasting impact for future generations, making our communities a better place to live.
The Broadridge Foundation
As a company we have a long history of supporting our communities, and we were proud to announce the next chapter in those efforts with the creation of the Broadridge Foundation in March of 2009. One of the Foundation’s key relationships is with the MV Foundation, a non-profit organization inspired by the Magsaysay Award winner, Dr. Shantha Sinha. The MV Foundation has developed a unique and powerful approach to tackle the problems of child labor and illiteracy in India, by enrolling children in Residential Bridge Camps ("RBCs"). RBCs provide a learning platform for children who have been involved in bonded and non-bonded labor activities and equip them with the knowledge and skills to integrate them into formal schools of learning.
In the US, the Foundation also supports various charitable causes such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, the United Way and select others. Additionally, our associates can contribute to their communities through our Matching Gift Program, a percentage matching program based on the contributions of our associates. From time to time, the Foundation may evaluate and support other philanthropic endeavors that embody our core values and that have shown an outstanding track record of solid results in their respective fields. That is how, through the Foundation, we can make a social investment one solution at a time.
Other Notable Community Commitments
Broadridge supports Fountain House, an organization headquartered in New York City that provides employment, education, housing and community support for individuals with mental illness.
And we are proud to be one of the eleven corporations that founded and launched the “100,000 Jobs Mission” in March of 2011. The Mission has a goal of hiring 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020. Today, the Mission has 94 organizations that are joining forces to hire this talent into their respective businesses.
We encourage our associates to volunteer in their communities and many of our associates do so. In our Park Avenue, New York and Edgewood, New York offices our associates help mentor at local grade schools; at our Journal Square, New Jersey office our associates work with Habitat for Humanity and Junior Achievement; at our London office our associates volunteer with The East London Business Alliance by engaging in projects that cater to local, disadvantaged and disabled children and adults; at one of our Canadian offices our associates participate in fundraising challenges through the Inside Ride Project to support families and children with cancer and in one of our Indian offices associates volunteer at the local Residential Bridge Camps. Almost every location reaches out to the community.
Our Commitment to the Environment
Broadridge has established the Broadridge Environmental Committee (“BEC”) made up of representatives from multiple departments throughout the organization. This “Green” committee was created with a focus on reducing Broadridge’s impact on our environment.
In line with our carbon footprint initiative, during last year’s proxy season, we used innovative technology to reduce the total volume of mailed proxy packages by 54.1%, which translates to over 160 million fewer envelopes and printed reports. We have helped many of our clients make great progress in reducing their carbon footprints through e-delivery and e-voting by reducing hardcopy proxy distribution.
In 2012, Broadridge partnered with The Conservation Fund in an effort to help restore forestlands in parks and wildlife refuges nationwide. For every client satisfaction survey returned by an Investor Communications Solutions client, Broadridge donates $1 to plant trees. A top‐ranked environmental charity in U.S., The Conservation Fund has already protected more than 7 million acres across America. Our partnership with the Conservation Fund has already resulted in thousands of newly planted trees.
Increasingly, Broadridge is moving toward using environmentally and socially responsible resources to support our operations by initiating the use of paper products certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council (“FSC”). We are committed to further decreasing our carbon footprint through researching, piloting and implementing innovative environmentally friendly solutions.
Broadridge is committed to Global Diversity & Inclusion, believing that a diverse organization has more to offer the marketplace. Broadridge is dedicated to building a diverse team of associates at all levels through attracting, developing and retaining the best candidates from all backgrounds.
We emphasize inclusion throughout our organization striving to make each associate feel valued and motivated. Governed by our senior leaders across regions, our Global Diversity & Inclusion Framework is built on three pillars:
Broadridge is engaged with Global Diversity & Inclusion at the highest levels through our Executive Diversity Council and creates an inclusive work place by leveraging Associate Networks and enhancing benefits and policies.
Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality
Recognized among the “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), scoring 100 on the coveted HRC Corporate Equality Index.
NASSCOM Excellence in Gender Inclusivity
Awarded the NASSCOM Excellence in Gender Inclusivity in the Best Emerging Company category in India in 2012.
Women’s Choice Awards in India
Received one of the most distinguished Women’s Choice Awards in India in 2011, organized by the WILL Forum.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Broadridge as a contractor (less than an year)Pros
Good location (London office near Canary Wharf).
Nice working relationships.
Some difficult clients.
Some very intense times of year.RecommendsNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Broadridge.Interview Details
I found out about the job through a recruitment agency. The first interview with IT Manger and HR Manager. This was relatively straight forward and involved a run through my CV and past experience. This was followed by a final interview with IT Director, which was not as I was led to believe.No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
Broadridge is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for wealth management, asset management and capital markets firms. We help clients drive operational excellence to manage risk, accelerate growth and deliver real business value. Our technology-driven solutions power the entire investment lifecycle, enabling our clients to successfully manage the complexity and operational requirements of today’s capital markets. Broadridge is at the forefront of multi-channel communications, strengthening our clients’ capabilities to communicate...
Work at Broadridge? Share Your Experiences
- Broadridge update30+ days ago
Broadridge Financial Solutions View an infographic on the ways in which operations delivers value in financial services companies. See more findings from a new survey from Broadridge and the Economist Intelligence Unit. Download today. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIz14
- Broadridge update30+ days ago
Broadridge Financial Solutions View ways in which corporate issuers are changing their transfer agents efficiently and with safeguards of data integrity. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIz1e