What We Do
Emerson brings together technology and engineering to create innovative solutions for customers in a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets.
What Emerson provides:
- Reliable and backup power technologies that operate and safeguard phone systems, wireless networks, and the infrastructure that supports business IT systems and the internet.
- Technologies and products that help optimize manufacturing processes for efficient, safe, and high quality production of pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, oil and gas, and pulp and paper production.
- Energy efficient technologies and innovative products and services for heating and air conditioning systems, facility energy monitoring, and appliances.
- A wide range of industrial automation systems and products for the improvement of manufacturing productivity.
- Storage and organization systems for the home and workplace.
- Rugged, trusted tools for professional contractors and do-it-yourselfers.
- Technical, consulting, and management services for a variety of industries.
Emerson Process Management™
Helping process industries better manage plants through intelligent control systems and software, measurement instruments, valves, and industry expertise.
Emerson Industrial Automation™
Fluid automation systems, materials joining equipment, mechanical and electrical drives, industrial electrical products, and power generation technologies.
Emerson Network Power™
Power backup systems, embedded power, precision cooling, and connectivity technologies for data centers, telecommunications networks, and other applications.
Emerson Climate Technologies™
Assuring comfort, energy efficiency and safety for consumers and retailers with heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration solutions.
Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions™
Durable construction and maintenance tools for professionals and homeowners, home and commercial storage and organization systems, food waste disposers and other appliance solutions.
Emerson is comprised of forward-thinking technology experts capable of creating integrated solutions that best address the needs of our customers. We are able to anticipate global trends and continue to win business as a result of our outstanding management and planning process. We don't just embrace change, we create it.
We actively seek out high-impact people who deliver solutions that rock the world - true innovators at the core, and agents of change within Emerson. For more information on our team, and to meet some of our employees, visit Emerson.com.
Not only does Emerson excel at serving our customers, but also at serving our employees. We recognize and reward the talents and commitments of our employees and provide new members of our team the opportunity to learn from the best managers and engineers in their respective industries.
Emerson also places a strong focus on career development; we offer employees a variety of development paths that enable them to quickly contribute to company goals.
Ethics & Community
Emerson takes pride in the people who make up our team. From our senior management officers to our line production workers, we seek to conduct ourselves in a way that demonstrates uncompromising ethical standards with customers, suppliers, governments, the public, and each other.
We also practice corporate social responsibility. Emerson places a major emphasis on corporate philanthropy, employee volunteerism, and environmental stewardship.
Commitment to Diversity
Emerson works hard to create a global workplace that supports and promotes diversity, embraces inclusion, and cultivates respect for the individual. We believe that bringing together bright, enthusiastic, and talented people from various backgrounds promotes the birth of new ideas and an exciting energy level.
As a result, we have an active program to recruit and hire women and minorities to our management ranks. We seek to create an employer of choice environment in terms of promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, career mentoring, company-sponsored training, tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs for our employees.
Emerson's equal opportunity employment policy assures that there will be no discrimination or harassment against an employee or applicant on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other factor considered unlawful by applicable laws and regulation.
A passion for progress and integrity that benefits everyone
Emerson combines the best technologies and the world's greatest human talents to create solutions that benefit not only our customers, but also the world. We find success in thoughtfully applying this principle to help our customers grow, to improve quality of life and to meet important business and social challenges.
Through our prime global market positions in Network Power, Process Management, Industrial Automation, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions, we are able to use this principle to help make a global difference.
Integrity makes the difference
Emerson's long-term success ultimately depends on our management team's ability to maintain our conviction and continually reshape our approach in a dynamic world.
Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. Our focus on sustainable business practices guides our execution and approach to social stewardship.
Day to day, this means investing in people, cultivating leaders, focusing on innovation for our customers, creating jobs and economic development, delivering solutions that enhance living standards, and assisting the efforts that sustain a healthy and safe world.
While more can always be done, we take enormous pride in Emerson's contributions and in the skills and momentum that we bring to assist in critical issues in today's world.
Building the best team with the best people
Emerson is always seeking talented and high-energy people who want to become a part of our team. We’re always excited to find people who are dedicated to business success, technology innovation and making our world a better place for all citizens.
Whether you are an undergraduate student exploring career options or recently received your MBA degree and are ready to join a global company, Emerson offers a wide range of opportunities for high-potential people to achieve their professional goals in an exciting and dynamic work environment.
Opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students
We actively recruit high-caliber, creative students completing their undergraduate or graduate degrees in a wide range of disciplines. Emerson and its businesses also offer a variety of paid summer internships and six-month co-op opportunities for students enrolled at selected colleges and universities. Our internships and co-op programs allow selected students to enhance the skills they’ve developed in the classroom and apply them in real-world situations.
As a technology and manufacturing company, we are especially interested in students majoring in industrial engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, marketing, business administration, finance, and accounting. To learn whether Emerson or one of its businesses has a cooperative relationship with your educational institution or will be making a recruiting visit to your campus, please contact your career services office.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Emerson full-time (more than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Most of the managers / directors are highly skilled individuals who employees can look up to and be inspired by (I am proud to say that even after working for my manager for several years, my respect for him has continuously grown as he always finds new ways to impress me).
- The company invests a lot into employee trainings and, being such a large and global organization, it also offers plenty of development options for driven and talented individuals.
- Upper management is not only friendly but also sets clear goals and expectations so that people are constantly aware of what the overarching organizational goals are.
- Ethics is truly a core value and I am pleased to say that this is one of the most fair and honest places I have ever worked.
Being such a large scale organization, change (at any level) is pretty slow. However, I believe this to be a CON for most large scale organizations - not just Emerson in particular.
Advice to Management
Managers should spend more time growing their people. This would ensure that people are constantly challenged and that they will be ready to take the next step in the organization when the time is right.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 8 weeks – interviewed at Emerson (Leicester, England) in September 2013.
- Applied online
- Received phone call from HR 5 days later - talked for about half-an-hour (initial assessment)
- Phone interview with hiring manager - about an hour long (going through CV, experiences, etc)
- Invited for a face to face interview with hiring manager and HR - about an hour and half long (presentation on one of the recent projects, clarifications on job details, typical interview Qs, etc)
- Got a call from HR two weeks later with an update that they are still going through the interview process with other candidates
- Got a call again a week later with a informal job offer and negotiate numbers
- Emerson has to submit approval from head-office before a formal offer with agreed numbers can be issued
- Got a call from HR three weeks later with a formal offer
- Describe a situation where you had to work beyond your area of expertise Answer Question
Emerson offered me very close to what I wanted (I was not greedy). Eventually we negotiated to what I proposed originally.
- Emerson update30+ days ago
Have what it takes to lead Global Talent Acquisition at Emerson? Click below to learn more
- Emerson update30+ days ago
Emerson is looking for a Global Key Account Manager for our Industrial Automation platform – an amazing career opportunity. Find out more by clicking below!
We apply the best technologies and recruit the greatest talent to benefit our customers worldwide. Our goal is to design and produce products, systems and solutions that harness the needs of our customers in unique ways, and deliver unmatched value. With more than 135,000 employees and 235 manufacturing locations, Emerson has a wide range of industry knowledge, manufacturing...
Mission: At Emerson, we take the phrase, “It’s never been done before,” and turn it into, “Consider it solved.” By fusing decades of technology and engineering expertise, we...