ADCO

ADCO Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not as good as it looks from the outside

ProsYou can have a good work/life balance if you want to

ConsCompensation packages are low and career progression in very slow.

Financialy Satisfying

Senior Sourcing Analyst (IT) (Current Employee) Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

ProsThe money
    The stability
    The paid holidays and accomodation

ConsThe climate
    The culture
    The indifference towards expats

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider treating expats with long service records (over 8-10 years) like locals after all they have contributed their best and most productive years at ADCO.

Good satisfactory experience with some opportunities to learn but limited development and growth

Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

ProsGood technical development and learning opportunities

ConsBad to worse career growth. No managerial path, only technical path for expats. Also the technical career growth is sometimes very slow

Advice to Senior ManagementForeign trainings should be allowed. Business approvals and phases should be done at more faster pace than it is at current

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at ADCO has been good so far

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWork life balance , good training and opportunity to work with lots of experienced professionals

ConsNo clear cut career path, disparity in salaries between new employees and old employees. Female employees lose some key benefits when they get married. No yearly increase in salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should review employees' concerns.

Lots of office politics, but keeps you busy.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsCustomers, Location, Hours, Insurance, Clean

ConsPolitics, Gossip, Not open to new ides

Advice to Senior ManagementOut with the old.

Not as good as it advertised.

Foreman (Current Employee)

ProsEasy to get personal loan. Abu Dhabi is a nice place to live in.

Cons1. If you're lazy and careless, you'll be fine. If you're smart and diligent, all the workload will be burdened on you and you alone. 2. Not fair assessment. 3. Unfair work schedule and allowances. Just because you are in grade 10- that doesn't mean that you have to work more than those who are in 10+. We work at the same remote area, why the allowance for locals is 3 times higher than expats?

Advice to Senior ManagementGet down to the ground, see what we suffer. More implementation on Management Commitment; only words not practice. Do not over protect supervisors/managers and blame something to foremen.

Current employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

ProsNo work if u can rate that as pro

ConsWorst company I have ever worked. The place is full of crap

Advice to Senior ManagementSave the company millions by firing yourself that is to the CEO and all the svps and all the managers under them and the team leaders etc etc etc etc

A professional quicksand ...

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Prosstability, low level of stress, lots of holidays, lot of free time

ConsNo recognition, salaries are never increased (I mean NEVER), overly bureaucratic, lousy training programs, not an equal opportunity employer, demotivating environment, fine printing for everything they offer to you

Advice to Senior ManagementThe more valued resource of ADCO is not the oil underground, is the people, keep them happy and motivated, touch ground!

It has potential for being much better

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Proshours, life/work balance, stable (as long as emiratization is not fully implemented), gym, pool, restaurant

Consno yearly salary increase, discrimination between expats/locals, women do not get same benefits as men if they are not head of families, bad appraisal system, no motivation to work if you are not friends with the boss

Advice to Senior Managementtreat expats/locals the same, give women same benefits as men even if not head of families, change the appraisal system (the PCR is not fair), please increase salary every year, 5 years and no salary increase is not fair.

Great when you are young with big family, not attractive for experienced older employee

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

ProsSituated in excellent country, good for those who have family with smaller children

ConsNo salary increase, limited career for expat, No (or extremely low) field allowance for office based employees

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from other big companies how to handle company and their employee, ADCO has unused potential to be the best employer, just need willingness.

Worked for ADCO? Contribute to the Community!