ADP

3.4 1,504 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

1,504 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is achievable and is part of the culture even at the higher levels"
    in 106 reviews
  • "You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand"
    in 33 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

You get out what you put in

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSecure job, options (in my country anyway) to move all around the business. Management on a local level are willing to listen and take action. UK Management are enlightened and are becoming better at showing appreciation to associates. Happy to fund training to develop associates.

ConsSpeed of change, the ADP way of doing things can make it hard for change to happen in a quick way. Lack of flexibility about working from home.

Good company, diverse job roles

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFriendly, diverse workload, lots of likeminded individuals committed to the wellbeing of the company and developing current products and solutions in line with the industry standards

ConsDifficult to progress as a young employee. Many employees stay for a very long time which leaves little room for younger employees to progress despite large skill sets

Advice to Senior ManagementConstruct gen y talent communities

Good place to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ADP full-time

ProsGreat learning possibilities, great training in the sales. good work life balance good salaries. Stable steady organisation. Bright people worked in my team.

Constoo slow to act multiple acquisition are confusing as many countries have their own tools service offering, then there are multinational ones. can lead to internal competion... and unclarity with clients.

Advice to Senior Managementmore clarity in the direction the organisation is going

ADP - a global leader

London, England

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA welll established Company that looks after its staff and has a 1st rate portfolio of solutions to provide its client base with a complete package

ConsMake life difficult for themselves by trying to complicate solutions and then having to add fixes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at only releasing a solution when we know it fully works.

Nice place to work at.

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
Chertsey, England

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people and supportive managers.

ConsSalary rise is minimal and irrespective of personal achievements. Everyone gets the same increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the bonus and salary increment process redesigned to match the industry standards.

Good relaxed employer, shame about the clients

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Chertsey, England

I have been working at ADP

ProsRelaxed, flexible - work/life balance approach.

ConsPrimarily a sales organisation, management oranisation is made up of promoted (hit their targets) sales associates. Service culture is a smoke screen for what is primarily a sales led organisation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop investing time in taglines and invest time in adding some value with some real direction. What we need are real goals that are driven from the top, executed from the middle and delivered from the bottom, ideas that give tangible results to associates and clients alike.

Great place for a True Career

Implementation Team Lead (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

ProsADP has great benefits, even a pension! They care about their employees. Always a place to move, even if it is a lateral move.

ConsI do not have much to complain about here I like working for ADP, have been here for quiet a while

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways ask the little guy, i.e. the folks on the front line. Some items related to software updates don't always get the correct updates.

Best place I have ever worked.

ADP Director (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

ProsADP is big and powerful, with offices in just about every state. They are a Fortune 500 company with billions in revenue, and have one of the best and most innovative IT departments in the world with superior senior and executive leadership. There is great emphasis on building your skills and helping you succeed. The people who work for this company have great pride in their positions and take things VERY seriously. Most noticeably, there is a lot of mutual respect between departments. This cannot be said for a lot of other companies I worked at where tournament-style wars were waged for promotions, gossip and backstabbing were prevalent, and upper management was littered with unqualified individuals. This does not happen at ADP. The company is far too large to engage in such trivial matters.

ADP seems to attract top talent. Our particular team has transplants from Nike, Charles Schwab, MetLife, and General Motors. The pay is substantial here compared to other companies, with entry-level software engineers in being paid very comfortably, while Directors and VPs are paid lavishly. The work/life balance is also fair here, with many employees having the option to work from home if the project load allows it, though it’s not wise to always do so.

ConsThe on-boarding process can be a little daunting. Higher-level employees are expected to learn things on the fly and this can lead to a little bit lag in projects being completed. ADP is always growing, and new personal are always being hired, so it seems like a solution to this situation would be a priority. Just in discussion with other ADP employees, it takes a good month or two to truly grasp what you are required to do and how this massive ADP machine operates. Once you figure this out, working here becomes much more enjoyable, but it saddens me how many employees recoil and fear how quickly this company evolves.

A concern for more youthful employees is being interested in the product they are working with. Payroll and Services aren’t the most appealing subject matter to be grinding out hours on, so ADP is more appealing to the upper-level director/manager level employee who has sowed his/her proverbial oats with more stimulating projects at their last employer and is looking to command and drive projects mainly for the big paycheck. These people are easy to spot here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the opportunity! I’m happy to work for such an awesome company.

Great Place to work

Client Tech Analyst (Current Employee)
El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than a year

ProsEverything is great about this company,So many job opportunities are available.

ConsA Little hard to get into ADP and application process does take a while this goes more towards the recruiter part

Good place to work, for a large company. Good benefits.

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, good opportunities. Great people to work with.

ConsLarge company with big bureaucracy, which can be frustrating. Very slow to change, software development and release takes a long time. For every IT project you have to work with many, many different groups, each of which has responsibility for one small piece. Large projects seem to have a swarm of project managers and it is hard to get specific direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor IT Projects, and product management as well, identify some high level leaders who have the authority and ability to set direction for the project/product, to avoid the "management by committee" approach which seems to cause projects to thrash around with cloudy vision.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!

ADP Videos

ADP – Why Work for Us?

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $11 billion in revenues and about 620,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADP reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez . All 1,504 reviews are posted anonymously by ADP employees.