ADP

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.5 1,680 reviews

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez

Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance unless you want to move into higher management(in 114 reviews)

• You're able to work from home remotely in case of something like bad weather or illness(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is compromised due to unrealistic workloads(in 35 reviews)

• Upper management wants massive productivity in areas they no longer understand(in 34 reviews)

1,680 Employee Reviews

You get out what you put in

ProsSecure job, options (in my country anyway) to move all around the business. Management on a local level are willing to listen and take action. UK Management are enlightened and are becoming better at showing appreciation to associates. Happy to fund training to develop associates.

ConsSpeed of change, the ADP way of doing things can make it hard for change to happen in a quick way. Lack of flexibility about working from home.

Good company, diverse job roles

Sales Representative (Former Employee) London, England

ProsFriendly, diverse workload, lots of likeminded individuals committed to the wellbeing of the company and developing current products and solutions in line with the industry standards

ConsDifficult to progress as a young employee. Many employees stay for a very long time which leaves little room for younger employees to progress despite large skill sets

Advice to Senior ManagementConstruct gen y talent communities

Good place to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat learning possibilities, great training in the sales. good work life balance good salaries. Stable steady organisation. Bright people worked in my team.

Constoo slow to act multiple acquisition are confusing as many countries have their own tools service offering, then there are multinational ones. can lead to internal competion... and unclarity with clients.

Advice to Senior Managementmore clarity in the direction the organisation is going

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to be part of !!!

District Manager UK (Former Employee) London, England

ProsTrain well, great culture and pay well for hard work .

ConsDon't hold on to god staff ! But guess that depends on each individual manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure employees motivation is kept high !

ADP - a global leader

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsA welll established Company that looks after its staff and has a 1st rate portfolio of solutions to provide its client base with a complete package

ConsMake life difficult for themselves by trying to complicate solutions and then having to add fixes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at only releasing a solution when we know it fully works.

Nice place to work at.

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) Chertsey, England

ProsGreat people and supportive managers.

ConsSalary rise is minimal and irrespective of personal achievements. Everyone gets the same increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the bonus and salary increment process redesigned to match the industry standards.

Good relaxed employer, shame about the clients

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) Chertsey, England

ProsRelaxed, flexible - work/life balance approach.

ConsPrimarily a sales organisation, management oranisation is made up of promoted (hit their targets) sales associates. Service culture is a smoke screen for what is primarily a sales led organisation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop investing time in taglines and invest time in adding some value with some real direction. What we need are real goals that are driven from the top, executed from the middle and delivered from the bottom, ideas that give tangible results to associates and clients alike.

Treading Water

ProsVery good pension package for existing employees although new employees don't get the same benefits. Health care is worth about £80 per month although the current scheme falls short of the previous BUPA scheme

ConsIn my position there is no possibility of advancement, I see incompetent Managers who have screwed up and never achieved anything getting promoted, its a standing joke that the level of management reflects the level of incompetance. There is far too much red tape we have missed so many opportunities in the market due systems and procedures that involve too many people and managers who are too scared to make a decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the admin, reduce the number of different sofware packages, use the systems we sell to customers not expensive licensed versions of microsoft products. Offer proper training not outdated cheap online training that helps no one. Dump Americanisms!!

Awesome company to work for.

ProsGreat work-life great time off and great company values

ConsLots of CHanage makes hard to keep up

An amazing organization!!!

SBS District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe management cares about helping you reach your highest level of success in the company! The upward growth is tremendous- especially if you are willing to relocate. They have a ton of work from home positions as well.

ConsThe starting sales roles have a lower base salary but a great commission program. The turnover i believe is very high for this main reason

Advice to Senior ManagementI would give all of the outside sales reps the call ins. If somebody is wanting payroll in a sales rep's territory- it should not go to inside sales.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!