ALDI

www.aldi.com

ALDI Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
ALDI – Newark – “Outside an Aldi store in Newark, Ohio (Photo…”

Hartmuth Wiesemann

Pros
  • Very competitive pay and benefits, even for the lowest paid employees(in 38 reviews)

• Great Pay, loved the physical part of the job, no need for a gym membership(in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a work life balance of any kind, but know some who managed(in 24 reviews)

• Only hire District Managers just out of school, some it was their very first job they ever had(in 40 reviews)

Not bad, but some very ingrained issues...

Area Manager (Former Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsGreat Salary, company car, professional senior management, dedicated staff in-store.

ConsFar too much of the "just get it done" mentality, which is what many junior (graduate) managers come to perceive in their first management role as being leadership. Communication at all levels is poor. Capacity in busy stores in danger of being outstripped by demand. Work/Life balance is poor, although if you're a graduate in your first job then why not...

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in helping graduates to know the difference between "Leadership" and "Management".

Employed at store level there is no promotion from that ponit

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Royal Leamington Spa, England

ProsWhat I enjoyed most about the job is that each day can be very different. You are part of an organisation that is growing rapidly. This can be seen in its recent sales growth.

ConsIf you are employed as an assistant manager you can only be promoted to store manager. There is no upward movement. The position then becomes static and there are no prospects for promotion from that point.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppoint Area Managers from your pool of Store Managers. They have the experience and expertise to make strong Area Managers.

Love it!! Can't wait to progress!

Store Assistant (Current Employee) Sudbury, East of England, England

ProsObviously the pay is very generous but yes they expect you to earn it! Our store is a very close group and I was welcomed with open arms. You get out what you put in. If you show kindness and respect you will receive it and show hard work and my management team shows appreciation and praises your hard work. I love my job and hope to be promoted to deputy soon!

ConsHard work. If your idle don't apply you won't like it :)

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for our cupcakes :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New starter, chucked in the deep end to fend for myself!

Store Associate (Current Employee) Gloucester, England

ProsColleagues you meet to help get through the day! & rate of pay

ConsImtimidating from all management! Expect you to do everything and have a thousand pair off hands! stay late after shift has ended and not aloud to talk while working!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRealise that us workers have a LIFE outside of work and shouldn't have to stay behind when our shift has ended! we work hard for 10-12hrs a day and just want to go home to rest! Your all imtimidating and not very approchable to talk to.

Great place to work,nice colleagues and customers

Store Assistant (Former Employee)

Prosflexible hours, different tasks every day, I know my rota a month ahead

ConsNever get off the till on time

Underappreciated and ultimately disposable

Trainee Area Manager (Former Employee) Neston, North West England, England

ProsGood salary though expect to work hard for it

ConsNo social life
    Management expect you to manage the 'ALDI' way i.e. just being bossy
    Use you until they have no need for you and then you're out

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people greater flexibility in management style

New Starter Review

Store Assistant (Current Employee) Wolverhampton, England

ProsGood wages, good variety of roles and tasks. You quickly gain good knowledge of all aspects of the store.

ConsTraining is a little confusing, although basics are taught. putting them into practice is not set out as simply as you are taught. this may lead to confusion in the first few weeks.

Advice to Senior Managementtake new starter through each step they would be expected to do ad not just a general over-view. Stop giving new starters a sugar coated idea of the work involved on closes.

Love it, and have for 8 years!

Store Manager (Current Employee) Sheffield, England

ProsSalary, the way the business operates, the daily challenges along with the freedom to decide how best to solve them.

Honest black and white expectations. Deliver as asked and opportunities are there for all.

The knowledge of very strong job security.

Busy event filled days, every day! No time to be bored!

ConsAbsolutely none (how do I write 20 words about this when I have no cons to discuss?)

Absolutely none

None

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, the future looks good!!

Great company to work for

ProsFlexibility, pay, working with great people.

ConsNo perks, no full time contracts, elitism.

good company to work for

Store Manager (Current Employee) Liverpool, England

Prosfair, honest, no rubbish management speak. Business is booming so its a really exciting time to be working for Aldi

Consstores are not big enough for the sales we are experiencing

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!