APX Alarm

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Todd Pedersen

Excellent opportunity for those in or recently graduated from college.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay. Work with a lot of great people. Allows those with little work experience to prove themselves in the work place.

ConsNormally will be necessary to relocate for the four to five month period. Long days. Long weeks. Can become redundant.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you are doing a fa-nominal job. This will be my fifth year with APX and have been very grateful for this opportunity.

Good Money -- Quick Burn out

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Provo, UT (US)

ProsGreat Money. You can learn some great sales and people skills. APX good stable company, especially in the 'summer sales industry'. Uncapped earning potential,

ConsKnocking doors all summer is not fun. Very monotonous workload. APX will nickel and dime you every way they can to avoid paying out full. APX can get political. Even if you are a stud salesmen, you will get taken advantage of if you don't have someone up high battling for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the politics, transform into a true meritocratic company. Give more power to the managers and less to the regionals. Be more frugal at corporate so you don't have to lower pay scales to cover your margins.

good if you can adapt

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Provo, UT (US)

Prosgood compensation
    housing provided
    pod casts

Consno 'special deals'
    Contract issues and point bank issues still being resolved,
    cleaning fee assigned even though my apt was spotless at the end of year
    no sign on bonus? what the heck

Advice to Senior Managementlet sales reps that cant work over the summer work out special payscales/deals with you so they can sell during school

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat money, lots of freedom in the off-season, and very satisfying to see others make good money

ConsDifficult moving around every summer, and knocking doors is knocking doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat leadership.

APX is a good place to work with good people while going through school

Phone Representative (Current Employee) Provo, UT (US)

ProsAPX has been a good job while going through school. They have been very flexible in giving time off and working with my school schedule. Management has been good and seem to be concerned about my needs. I have also made many friends while I have worked there. It is a good place to meet other students.

ConsOne of the downsides to APX is that they are sales oriented company. This can be good and bad. Their employment is good because they have a strong sales force. The downside is that it is more difficult to get recognized if you are not in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should try to do a better job of compensating all employees more evenly.

Lots of money for summer work.

Salesman (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, only working summers, it's great for students.

ConsIt is hard work and outside, a lot of places are really hot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make it completely commission.

Worked for APX Alarm? Contribute to the Community!