ARAMARK Reviews

Updated 28 August 2014
Updated 28 August 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits (in 16 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has a horrible work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

Cool

Former Employee - Back of House Kitchen Worker  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Back of House Kitchen Worker in London, England

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being paid weekly was good.

Cons

The amount of food for lunch was not enough.

More food for people at lunch.

UK Aramark do not work to Aramark ideals

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a great time and felt honoured to have had the chance to be part of the Olympic team.

Cons

I understand that businesses have to expect re- structure once in a while to stay competitive, but the way this process was carried out across the East Midlands region by my area manager was disgraceful, if not in some incidences illegal. My team and I all had the arduous task of applying for our own jobs, conveniently re titled to avoid redundancy payments. This process was scheduled to take 10 days, and in actual fact took over 8 weeks, with the roles offered changing 3 times, and appointments/interviews cancelled without notice. Every member of my team was treated unprofessional, and many as a result chose to find alternative employment rather than carry on working for Aramark, maybe what they wanted all along. One of my colleagues heard my area manager discussing my replacement, with his assistant, prior to my interview, and thought it courteous to let me know, my replacement being an ex colleague of the area manager. The final indignity in this whole affair was when I had to share a waiting room with this person, as my manager had arranged his interview directly after mine. In my time as a manager with Aramark, my area manager cancelled 27 business meetings in 3 months, and to say I got very well acquainted with his voice mail is an understatement
    I understand the U. S arm of the company has a fabulous reputation, not so here in the UK.

Choose very carefully, the people below you are not just stepping stones to tread on as you carve your own career.

Could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Struggling to find one...

Cons

Not enough support or training given, not enough head office people listen to the front line team. Won't supply uniforms for you or safety shoes!

Start listening to front line colleagues before you start losing business....They/we know the customer better than anyone.
    Reputation is extremely important but are you really get g a good with at the moment from you employees..?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good so far

Current Employee - General Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - General Manager in London, England

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My immediate bosses they are fantastic the family feeling of being in our team is great

Cons

Our office culture is encouraging and empowering I can make my own decisions and drive my business for my client

It isn't always one size fits all concepts don't work everywhere

A company with the worst management systems.

Former Employee - Cashier, Team Member  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Cashier, Team Member in London, England

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

The wages are good, I'd say and you don't have to spend money on meals when you're working.

Cons

This is list is not gonna end. There is no value of the opinions of the ones that are below in the chain, the managers always seem to be pissed off and they tell you off for the simplest reasons. The workers are made to feel that they are working FOR Aramark, not working WITH Aramark and I believe the outcomes would be much better if the managers let the workers feel that it's all about group achievement in this sector of business.

Please read my response to the 'Cons' section and try to improve those aspects.

No problems in my employment and good pay as a high school student.

Former Employee - Mess Steward  in  Wattisham, England
    Former Employee - Mess Steward in Wattisham, England

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good work experience for a high school student that had no prior experience - I'm glad they gave me a chance. Good holiday, and a nice Christmas bonus too.

Cons

Probably should have been given more training, particularly in COSHH. There were times I realised I was lacking training which was made more difficult by the fact I worked alone on weekends, for example I didn't know how to give a customer a refund, and there was no present who could do this for me.

Make sure the staff is fully trained and supported when in need of help.

Weymouth Olympic Sailing Village

Former Employee - Front of House Supervisor  in  Weymouth, England
    Former Employee - Front of House Supervisor in Weymouth, England

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

They paid me a decent wage
    My colleagues were all friendly and supportive
    I enjoyed being given Instant responsibility

Cons

Management were sometimes reluctant to make changes
    Over an 8 hours shift would have nothing to do for 4 hours and then be swamped for the other 4 though that's the nature of the culinary industry perhaps.

The team could be used more effectively. We never had the correct number of staff - always too many or too few.

Best Company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Environmental Services Director  in  Marshall, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Environmental Services Director in Marshall, TX (US)

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The ARAMARK philosophy on training employees is unsurpassed. They take the time and the money to train their employees properly. The people who work for this company are wonderful. There are many 20+ year employees. That says something about a company. A great company to grow with. I started as an Office Manager and in five years I was an Environmental Services Director. I had planned on retiring from ARAMARK but due to circumstances beyond my control I don't currently work for ARAMARK. I keep looking for openings because I truly believe this is one of the best corporations in the world and a great place to work!

Cons

ARAMARK is losing business to competitors who underbid them. I have seen this first hand having worked for one of the competitors that came in after ARAMARK. Salaries were cut, positions were cut - bottom line quality suffered.

Keep up the good work!

Great company and benefits, decent management

Current Employee - College Food and Beverage Retail Managing Supervisor  in  Lowell, MA (US)
    Current Employee - College Food and Beverage Retail Managing Supervisor in Lowell, MA (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great chance of moving within company and great benefits that fit most lifestyles

Cons

there is a possibility it is just my situation, however if you do not like getting micromanaged do not apply

You hire great managers, so let them manage from their position. Please do not let them be micromanaged or you lose what was great about that individual beforehand.

Thank goodness for this company!

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Aramark has been a refuge in a former storm of nasty-people-screw-up-the-job experiences. I love the people.

- Life-work balance is good

- The benefits are good

- The company is undergoing massive change right now, so it's an exciting time for some with a lot of opportunities available.

Cons

- The culture of the company is OLD SCHOOL at corporate, but it's starting to change.

- Increased diversity at the highest levels would be a positive thing.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!