ARAMARK Reviews

Updated 22 September 2014
Updated 22 September 2014

ARAMARK CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good work-life balance if you are in the right account, good 401k program and benefits (in 16 reviews)

• Ability to learn various aspects of contract management; opportunity to work in different lines of business (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It has a horrible work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• The upper management that wasn't at the direct location was never seen (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

Cool

Former Employee - Back of House Kitchen Worker  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Back of House Kitchen Worker in London, England

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being paid weekly was good.

Cons

The amount of food for lunch was not enough.

More food for people at lunch.

At this moment in time , absolute madness ,

Current Employee - Chef Manager  in  Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Chef Manager in Nottingham, England

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None,none none none none

Cons

No stock ,consult unit managers , no help ,consult unit managers

Talk to your staff

UK Aramark do not work to Aramark ideals

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a great time and felt honoured to have had the chance to be part of the Olympic team.

Cons

I understand that businesses have to expect re- structure once in a while to stay competitive, but the way this process was carried out across the East Midlands region by my area manager was disgraceful, if not in some incidences illegal. My team and I all had the arduous task of applying for our own jobs, conveniently re titled to avoid redundancy payments. This process was scheduled to take 10 days, and in actual fact took over 8 weeks, with the roles offered changing 3 times, and appointments/interviews cancelled without notice. Every member of my team was treated unprofessional, and many as a result chose to find alternative employment rather than carry on working for Aramark, maybe what they wanted all along. One of my colleagues heard my area manager discussing my replacement, with his assistant, prior to my interview, and thought it courteous to let me know, my replacement being an ex colleague of the area manager. The final indignity in this whole affair was when I had to share a waiting room with this person, as my manager had arranged his interview directly after mine. In my time as a manager with Aramark, my area manager cancelled 27 business meetings in 3 months, and to say I got very well acquainted with his voice mail is an understatement
    I understand the U. S arm of the company has a fabulous reputation, not so here in the UK.

Choose very carefully, the people below you are not just stepping stones to tread on as you carve your own career.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ARAMARK

Pros

Struggling to find one...

Cons

Not enough support or training given, not enough head office people listen to the front line team. Won't supply uniforms for you or safety shoes!

Start listening to front line colleagues before you start losing business....They/we know the customer better than anyone.
    Reputation is extremely important but are you really get g a good with at the moment from you employees..?

Very good so far

Current Employee - General Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - General Manager in London, England

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My immediate bosses they are fantastic the family feeling of being in our team is great

Cons

Our office culture is encouraging and empowering I can make my own decisions and drive my business for my client

It isn't always one size fits all concepts don't work everywhere

A company with the worst management systems.

Former Employee - Cashier, Team Member  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Cashier, Team Member in London, England

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for less than a year

Pros

The wages are good, I'd say and you don't have to spend money on meals when you're working.

Cons

This is list is not gonna end. There is no value of the opinions of the ones that are below in the chain, the managers always seem to be pissed off and they tell you off for the simplest reasons. The workers are made to feel that they are working FOR Aramark, not working WITH Aramark and I believe the outcomes would be much better if the managers let the workers feel that it's all about group achievement in this sector of business.

Please read my response to the 'Cons' section and try to improve those aspects.

No problems in my employment and good pay as a high school student.

Former Employee - Mess Steward  in  Wattisham, England
    Former Employee - Mess Steward in Wattisham, England

I worked at ARAMARK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good work experience for a high school student that had no prior experience - I'm glad they gave me a chance. Good holiday, and a nice Christmas bonus too.

Cons

Probably should have been given more training, particularly in COSHH. There were times I realised I was lacking training which was made more difficult by the fact I worked alone on weekends, for example I didn't know how to give a customer a refund, and there was no present who could do this for me.

Make sure the staff is fully trained and supported when in need of help.

Weymouth Olympic Sailing Village

Former Employee - Front of House Supervisor  in  Weymouth, England
    Former Employee - Front of House Supervisor in Weymouth, England

I worked at ARAMARK full-time for less than a year

Pros

They paid me a decent wage
    My colleagues were all friendly and supportive
    I enjoyed being given Instant responsibility

Cons

Management were sometimes reluctant to make changes
    Over an 8 hours shift would have nothing to do for 4 hours and then be swamped for the other 4 though that's the nature of the culinary industry perhaps.

The team could be used more effectively. We never had the correct number of staff - always too many or too few.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ARAMARK part-time

Pros

I work for them at a local high school. I'm off when the kids are off.

Cons

None so far, don't anticipate any.

A good place to begin your career

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Good place to begin your career
    2) Lots of training and networking opportunities
    3) Lots of opportunities for advancement

If you are hard working and ambitious this is a great place to begin your career. There are plenty of opportunities for growth within the company and internal candidates certainly have a leg-up in the interview process.

Cons

1) Poor work-life balance
    2) Changing company culture that is not "Aramark" cultur

Aramark sells services (services = people) not products. There is a reason that a lot of the top talent has left over the past two years.

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!