AT&T

3.1 5,321 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,446 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 254 reviews)

5,321 Employee Reviews

Great Company

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Temple, TX (US)

ProsPay, Training, staff, benefits, discounts

ConsThe job can get stressful due to meeting quotas every month.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Store manager

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGood company to work for

ConsIt takes some time to move up in the Company and sometimes even if you are the best person for the job you get overlooked

Great opportunity overall

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Cerritos, CA (US)

ProsHonestly, the company compensates you for your hard work. If you are younger and are money hungry and can also be self-motivated, this job can suit you well.

ConsThere may be many times where you don't have a work life balance. You can feel overworked and exhausted. The commission comp plan can change many times, and some times it may seem unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't become a manager if your heart isn't in it or if you never wanted to be one.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Computer Programmer

ProsAT&T is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed my experience with them and learned much from my peers. I was given many opportunities.

ConsSometimes they are stuck in their traditions, but that is why they have been around for as long as they have. Sometimes the culture is cliquish.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide various opportunities to members. Observe cliques within the company and directly and/or creatively discourage them particularly if they are unproductive and destructive towards either the bottom line or the devalue of others.

There was opportunity for advancement if you worked hard

Associate Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe pay was very good. They offered classes to learn project management, systems and other things to help you improve in certain skills. I love the company, the brand, and the leadership. They make sure you receive the training you need to do a great job.

ConsThere wasn't much work life balance. They believe managers should always work 9 hours not including lunch. When working in the sales department sometimes you would not receive your sales goal until June. Then of course it was always higher than what you met which means now for the rest of the year they would take money out of your check to take back what they had paid you for "exceeding" the temporary goals that were set from Jan-Jun. Sales goals should be set and ready no later than the end of Jan.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more work life balance for employees.

Great experience. Learned a lot.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary and benefits. Able to work from home.

ConsDifficult to get promoted.

AT&T is a great place to work!

National Account Executive (Current Employee) Moorestown, NJ (US)

ProsRoom for development and opportunities for career advancement.

ConsVery competitive marketplace and industry.

Rewarding and challenging

ProsFlexible hours
    Respectful workplace
    Challenging work
    Skills training encouraged
    Work force is intelligent and professional

ConsSometimes difficult to steer an aircraft carrier
    Management styles can vary
    Budgets come and go
    Demanding schedules

AT&T Was A Wonderful Company to Work For

Testing Technician (Former Employee) Tustin, CA (US)

ProsMany opportunities for training and advancement within. Great benefits. i.e. tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, 401k, pension.

ConsIf only there were no quotas....Most of my career with AT&T we did not have quotas. It was all about providing Excellent Customer Service. Now there are quotas that you have to meet. Because of the quotas, unfortunately the Customer Service has really gone downhill. Some of the customers that call in are getting transferred from here to Eternity, and back again. Some are getting hung up on. Managers don't seem to care as long as their employees are meeting their numbers. If you "Do Not Meet," then you will be put on some kind of a probationary Program. If you still don't meet after being put on the Program then they will threaten you with dismissal. Some of the calls from customers are complex and require a lot of time to resolve. All of the calls can not be handled in 2 minutes and 2 seconds.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the Quotas and Work on resolving Your Customer Service Issues. Keep the jobs here in the U.S., instead of sending them overseas. Take care of the Customer on the first call, so that they do not have to repeat call, and then, the customer will be satisfied, and they will not want to leave AT&T for another Service Provider.

Overall not a bad company to work for

ProsDecent wages if you are able to hit your sales numbers

ConsBe ready for change, they change EVERYTHING all the time. Including your pay structure

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!