AT&T

3.1 5,292 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,430 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

5,292 Employee Reviews

It was great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome people to work with.

ConsStructure of the company needs some work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more often. Some have some really great ideas.

Overall stable company

Tech Support (Current Employee) Orange Park, FL (US)

ProsI like how the company invests in its employees. All the resources you need to be successful are available. Management is willing to help, just ask for help.

ConsSince this is a communications company, you have to be available to work any shift. I don't have a problem with that. Schedules are based on how long you've been with the company. The more ppl that are hired after you, the higher you are in the rankings.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities to move up.

It's good for now

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood discounts and not micromanaged. Lot's of different things to do within the company. Very good job security.

ConsNot very challenging, not much to learn, lots of hours. It's not an engineering company so pigeon holing is a risk if you aren't in a good department.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Skype interview Retail Sales Consultant

ProsSalary, benefits, promotion opportunities, career advancement

Consvery competitive, standing in one place for long periods.

Very Satisfied

Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsBenefits, Leadership, training, Senior Leadership has great vision.

ConsWork-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours.

Great place to work

ProsEducation and growth of all is always on top of list. Always have perspective of leadership team thru yearly executive team sessions. Leading with distinction.

ConsSometime new technology comes out so fast we don't have all the knowledge needed to perform or jobs as customer would expect, but as we move to 2020 I do believe we will have this addresses.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the fantastic work. I have been here for over 20 years now and am very excited to be part of this great company. I love AT&T and our leadership team!

Very good place to work

Customer Assistant (Current Employee) Bellaire, TX (US)

ProsHour our good
    benefits
    bonuses
    opportunity to advance

ConsVery strict on attendance
    More stable environment

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonal Growth
    Help other help you

Great experience & always learning

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Charleston, SC (US)

ProsBest reason to work at AT&T is benefits & money.

ConsAlways changing & overall too big .

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways remember it's the customers & employees putting the company on top

Great culture, even though it's a huge company

Retail Sales Consultant/Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

Pros-Good pay
    -Great benefits
    -Motivated management
    -upper management recognizes employees and managers who accomplish sales goals the RIGHT way

Cons-can be too high pressure for some
    -focus on certain, unattainable sales initiatives
    -still haven't weeded out the managers that choose to manage through fear, rather than motivate through incentivizing employees

Advice to Senior Managementlook at what makes AT&T great (the retail customer experience) and continue to focus on that.

Career

Customer Services Tech (Current Employee) Hot Springs, AR (US)

ProsBenefits, pay, vacation, opportunities for advancement. Pension, 401k, discounted phone service. Health insurance dental insurance life insurance. Matching 401k by 80%

ConsMicromanagement, six sigma was invented to score management. Management uses this approach to score employees. Bad idea. They should have a mutual union company respect and they do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging. You get more flies with honey

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!