AT&T

3.1 5,278 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,423 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 267 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 208 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 253 reviews)

5,278 Employee Reviews

Career

Customer Services Tech (Current Employee) Hot Springs, AR (US)

ProsBenefits, pay, vacation, opportunities for advancement. Pension, 401k, discounted phone service. Health insurance dental insurance life insurance. Matching 401k by 80%

ConsMicromanagement, six sigma was invented to score management. Management uses this approach to score employees. Bad idea. They should have a mutual union company respect and they do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging. You get more flies with honey

Very interesting experience, I learned a lot.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsFun working environment. Lots of opportunity to make money.

ConsAt at&t I found the hardest part were the hours along with the tough selling environment.

Amazing company, horrible management

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

ProsYou get what you put in. The benefits of working for the company are unreal... part of the union, amazing pay, job security, health benefits, 401k match, flexible hours. If you have the drive and the want, are able to perform in a high pressure sales position, you will surely succeed.

ConsYou cap out on your hourly rate. RSC's stop getting raises, commission is harder to obtain. The company became greedy, increasing monthly goals while decreasing the payout. Once too many people obtain the ability to maximize, the company restructures commissions and goals making it nearly impossible for people to really make good money. The company uses a bunch of scare tactics and threats. Everyday you walk in you are just a number and they continually remind you of that. The managers lack leadership skills, they dictate everything and base all reactions off of emotions. There isn't room for growth in the retail setting unless you kiss the back end of your manager and their boss and so on and so forth. A ton of empty promises. Ethics do not exist on the retail side of the company. You're worked like a dog day in and day out with no sort of appreciation or recognition.

Advice to Senior Managementrestructure your management style... take more of a leadership approach. The employees that are customer facing in the retail setting are the main contributors to the future success and growth of the company. Treat them with more respect, pay them more, reward RSC's for their dedication and success.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consistently Competitive

Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) Ocala, FL (US)

ProsIf you are looking for great benefits, pay, and commission this is the company for you.

ConsStress level is real high on sales.

Assistant Store Manager, Corporate

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat compensation, competitive atmosphere, great health benefits and discounts

ConsLittle to none work life balance, retail hours including most holidays and weekends, commission structure is better as a rep than as a manager

Great Experience

Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

Prosexcellent benefits, work-life-balance and training was excellent and thorough, the incentive/bonus structure was awesome. i was constantly rewarded for my sales and received recognition from my peers constantly.

Consthe long hours and mandatory overtime, it was a little difficult trying to move forward from the department i was in.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up good job

software programmer

Java Developer (Current Employee) Middletown, NJ (US)

ProsModerate work load and long term project and good facility

ConsBecoming less and less lucrative, first bus service was removed, then cafeteria got closed, then library was removed. Contract term was reduced from 3 years to 2.....:(

Great opportunities and pay for starting out

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ (US)

ProsFor the job, there is nothing better in retail sales. Schedule can be difficult at first with semi-late nights and working weekends but it comes with the industry. Exceed your goals, work you way up into management and if you're lucky you can get out of retail and into corporate.

ConsCorporate bureaucracy. Priority given to lateral movers even if they didn't succeed in their previous position.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up channels of communication with your front line sales people, they appreciate it.

Overall good company to work for considering the benefits.

Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) Cedartown, GA (US)

ProsGood benefits great vacation package coworkers make the days go by quicker and grow to become family

ConsManagement doesn't care abt their employees only concerned with numbers

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be more compassionate towards your employees. Treat your employees right & they will do a better job with your customers.

SALES REP

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsEXCELLENT pay. I was shocked and thought they were joking when they told me how much I would make hourly. On top of that the commission was a fat bonus every month.

ConsWouldn't let me go part time and couldnt be flexible with my school schedule. So, unfortunately I am forced to look elsewhere because though its a fabulous company, I want my degree more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with people going to school.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!