AT&T

3.1 5,313 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,442 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 254 reviews)

5,313 Employee Reviews

Amazing company, horrible management

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

ProsYou get what you put in. The benefits of working for the company are unreal... part of the union, amazing pay, job security, health benefits, 401k match, flexible hours. If you have the drive and the want, are able to perform in a high pressure sales position, you will surely succeed.

ConsYou cap out on your hourly rate. RSC's stop getting raises, commission is harder to obtain. The company became greedy, increasing monthly goals while decreasing the payout. Once too many people obtain the ability to maximize, the company restructures commissions and goals making it nearly impossible for people to really make good money. The company uses a bunch of scare tactics and threats. Everyday you walk in you are just a number and they continually remind you of that. The managers lack leadership skills, they dictate everything and base all reactions off of emotions. There isn't room for growth in the retail setting unless you kiss the back end of your manager and their boss and so on and so forth. A ton of empty promises. Ethics do not exist on the retail side of the company. You're worked like a dog day in and day out with no sort of appreciation or recognition.

Advice to Senior Managementrestructure your management style... take more of a leadership approach. The employees that are customer facing in the retail setting are the main contributors to the future success and growth of the company. Treat them with more respect, pay them more, reward RSC's for their dedication and success.

Great place to work

ProsEducation and growth of all is always on top of list. Always have perspective of leadership team thru yearly executive team sessions. Leading with distinction.

ConsSometime new technology comes out so fast we don't have all the knowledge needed to perform or jobs as customer would expect, but as we move to 2020 I do believe we will have this addresses.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the fantastic work. I have been here for over 20 years now and am very excited to be part of this great company. I love AT&T and our leadership team!

Very good place to work

Customer Assistant (Current Employee) Bellaire, TX (US)

ProsHour our good
    benefits
    bonuses
    opportunity to advance

ConsVery strict on attendance
    More stable environment

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonal Growth
    Help other help you

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Satisfied

Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsBenefits, Leadership, training, Senior Leadership has great vision.

ConsWork-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours.

It's good for now

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood discounts and not micromanaged. Lot's of different things to do within the company. Very good job security.

ConsNot very challenging, not much to learn, lots of hours. It's not an engineering company so pigeon holing is a risk if you aren't in a good department.

Skype interview Retail Sales Consultant

ProsSalary, benefits, promotion opportunities, career advancement

Consvery competitive, standing in one place for long periods.

It was great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome people to work with.

ConsStructure of the company needs some work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more often. Some have some really great ideas.

Overall stable company

Tech Support (Current Employee) Orange Park, FL (US)

ProsI like how the company invests in its employees. All the resources you need to be successful are available. Management is willing to help, just ask for help.

ConsSince this is a communications company, you have to be available to work any shift. I don't have a problem with that. Schedules are based on how long you've been with the company. The more ppl that are hired after you, the higher you are in the rankings.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities to move up.

Must be money motivated!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat pay, great insurance pak, wonderful incentives.

ConsMust meet sales quotes, customer service is actually a sales position.

U-verse Team

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat Technology...market leader. Decent subsidies on U-verse, DSL, Mobile service.

ConsNo growth opportunities. Get a good salary before you start, because there isn't much opportunity for advancement.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!