AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,114 ratings)

4,716 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school"
    in 229 reviews
  • "Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time"
    in 123 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management is out of touch with creating any semblance of work/life balance for the employees"
    in 170 reviews
  • "Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's"
    in 227 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fantastic Oppurtunity for the future

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsA lot of experience with wast amount of different technologies

ConsToo long working hours if doing 24x7

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy with management. They are not pushy and they are easy going

Big learning cure. big targets but good opportunity.

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

ProsQuality brand, big investor (in services and people), quality products.

ConsStill too US focused. Big learning cure to understand/work internal processes. Limited carear prospects outside US.

Network Engineer

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood life/work balance. Large multi-national company and global telecommunications provider. Well oiled internal staff management.

ConsNot enough interaction with colleague in the office, limited opportunities for international assignments, less opportunities in the UK as emphasis on resourcing from cheaper cost centres (e.g. India or Eastern Europe)

Accountant at AT&T in Uk

Accountant (Current Employee)
Birmingham, England

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBig established world number one telecommunication company.

ConsSegregation of duty is down to details.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Stay for the money. Leave to get some respect.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, Great perks, Especially if you are a manager

ConsPlenty. But mainly stems from a disrespect of people. This leads to all kinds of unnecessary behaviour, like cloak and dagger business change plans, subverting line management, hiding bad decisions as a "need to know", calling people victims when it is clear a denial of accountability for actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some respect. Give your people ownership and accountability. Then your business will run.

Big company, good benefits, Director level needs to be more realistic

Network Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Havant, England

I have been working at AT&T

ProsThey offer a good benefits package, with ample vacation. There is a flexibility to work changeable hours if you need to leave early or come in late, and generally treated as a professional without too much complaint. However, senior manager has been heard to state " Im the teacher, you are the schoolkids" which is not a phrase a good leader should ever utilise.
Team cohesiveness is great, the average engineer has a teamspirit that keeps everyone going. Everyone chips in to help each other, to achieve the goals laid down. Relaxed environment, always able to fit in short pieces of "personal" activities during a day without complaint.

ConsExpectation to give up personal life to meet senior management expectations. They dont want to hear "cant".
Have a need to have "Yes Men" in significant positions, and do not take kindly to realistic communications sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementListen better to your teams. If they say something cant be done, it usually has a very good reason. We want to succeed, without breaking the customer, and this is often overridden.

One word - moving

AT&T Wire Technician (Former Employee)
Marietta, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsDays go by very quickly.

ConsDays go by very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was good, however, the upper level treatment of management seemed disconcerting at times. Maybe allow freer daily work reporting structure for more successful "newbie" managers. Excellent opportunity for advancement, however, maybe look away from union / non-union restricting. Also, kudos on the consensus approach to innovation. Overall, great company!

It has been great! Company is great and the people are great.

I have been working at AT&T

ProsNot super strict on time. As long as the work gets done, no issues with leaving early on a Friday or anything of that nature.

ConsBig business mentality. Some of the systems in place take forever to get things done, but that is to be expected with a company this big.

Good place to work

Lead Member Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Middletown, NJ (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSalary for professionals are competitive, opportunities if you look for them, challenging work depending on the organiation you are in

ConsPolitics, process and more process. Way to many project managers and people who add little to no value but I guess this is true with any large corp. Outsourcing is becoming a problem as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead wood, remove processes that are stiffiling, reward risk takers and stop outsourcing

AT&T is definitely an 800 pound gorilla in Telecom

Account Manager II (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

ProsName Recognition is always nice. Financial stability is always there. Pension with a matching 401k is great. Medical benefits are alright, but keep getting more and more expensive each year.

ConsThere isn't really anything that they don't provide, except for if it is too small of a deal. Lots of number reporting

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 4,716 reviews are posted anonymously by AT&T employees.