AT&T

3.1 5,315 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,444 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school(in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time(in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours(in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's(in 254 reviews)

5,315 Employee Reviews

Satisfactory

ProsGood chance for advancement
    Around very knowledgeable people

ConsTons of bureaucracy
    Old school principles

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck agile principles/ update systems

Fantastic Oppurtunity for the future

ProsA lot of experience with wast amount of different technologies

ConsToo long working hours if doing 24x7

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy with management. They are not pushy and they are easy going

Network Engineer

Network Engineer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood life/work balance. Large multi-national company and global telecommunications provider. Well oiled internal staff management.

ConsNot enough interaction with colleague in the office, limited opportunities for international assignments, less opportunities in the UK as emphasis on resourcing from cheaper cost centres (e.g. India or Eastern Europe)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big learning cure. big targets but good opportunity.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) London, England

ProsQuality brand, big investor (in services and people), quality products.

ConsStill too US focused. Big learning cure to understand/work internal processes. Limited carear prospects outside US.

Accountant at AT&T in Uk

Accountant (Current Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsBig established world number one telecommunication company.

ConsSegregation of duty is down to details.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Stay for the money. Leave to get some respect.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, Great perks, Especially if you are a manager

ConsPlenty. But mainly stems from a disrespect of people. This leads to all kinds of unnecessary behaviour, like cloak and dagger business change plans, subverting line management, hiding bad decisions as a "need to know", calling people victims when it is clear a denial of accountability for actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some respect. Give your people ownership and accountability. Then your business will run.

Big company, good benefits, Director level needs to be more realistic

Network Operations Manager (Current Employee) Havant, England

ProsThey offer a good benefits package, with ample vacation. There is a flexibility to work changeable hours if you need to leave early or come in late, and generally treated as a professional without too much complaint. However, senior manager has been heard to state " Im the teacher, you are the schoolkids" which is not a phrase a good leader should ever utilise.
    Team cohesiveness is great, the average engineer has a teamspirit that keeps everyone going. Everyone chips in to help each other, to achieve the goals laid down. Relaxed environment, always able to fit in short pieces of "personal" activities during a day without complaint.

ConsExpectation to give up personal life to meet senior management expectations. They dont want to hear "cant".
    Have a need to have "Yes Men" in significant positions, and do not take kindly to realistic communications sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementListen better to your teams. If they say something cant be done, it usually has a very good reason. We want to succeed, without breaking the customer, and this is often overridden.

AT&T Co-op

College Co-Op (Current Employee) Durham, NC (US)

ProsEase of work, pay is great for college student, able to complete honor school related activities, ability to work up to 40 hours during summer and school breaks

Consorganization :-(
    No direct path to career development

Advice to Senior Managementmore organization with work, scheduling...

In my 2nd full year with AT&T I made it to the Summit; the top 2% in sales for the company.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

ProsThis job can be everything you want it to be as long as you put in the effort to perform at your best each and every day.

ConsWorking with the public can often be a daunting task but as long as you maintain a positive attitude you can overcome any issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone is treated fairly and evenly; this will foster positive feelings and less desention.

Well managed compnay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosclear direction, regular performance reviews, career counseling

Conswork life balance, limited training

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!