AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros
  • Flexible hours most of the time(in 13 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan(in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality(in 6 reviews)

Great

Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsLots of education, fun environment

ConsInternships don't pay, big office

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing well

Great career with a growing company

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Columbia, MD (US)

ProsThe more you work, the more potential there is to grow and get compensated. Great flexibility and pay structure. Good training program for new employees (thanks to experienced management team).

ConsNo major complaints. Just be prepared to work A LOT - but at least it pays off unlike with other jobs where you may work a lot and not see the results.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Finance Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternship was a valuable learning experience. Largely highly legit tasks and no getting coffee. Great resume booster.

ConsUnpaid, responsibilities didn't vary greatly so after a while, not much left to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop talent often requires compensation as many students will not work for free.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work but worth it.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY (US)

ProsGreat team atmosphere with co-workers who become friends. Ability to make great money, challenging and engaging career. It gets easier and easier over time as you build up your clients. Great training too.

ConsYou must be self motivated, you will be guided and helped with what to do but you need to go out and do it yourself. Getting started can take a lot of time and effort to build up your business but once you do it will be rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the training schedule, set up more times for senior advisors to talk to new ones and give them advice from when they were new.

Horrible! Full time job with part time job pay.

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA (US)

ProsNone! Wasted time and $$ ( it is very expensive to work for AXA, as they charge you for everything from licenses transfer to new business cards, to number of copies you print using their very, very old computers.

ConsEverything, from dumb management, lack of meaningful support to new agents, to obsolete technology in use.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign!

Best opportunity for the right person

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY (US)

ProsAdvisors and staff in our Buffalo office are extremely helpful and supportive. The managers are more mentors and coaches, rather than bosses. The Buffalo office has the highest per capita income within the company, with most advisors making well over $100,000. Many making $250,000+. It is a tremendous opportunity to help clients achieve their financial goals, while having the freedom to run your own financial planning practice. The benefits are second to none in the industry. A lot of short term and long term incentive programs on top of highest immediate compensation in the financial planning industry. Support to obtain your CFP designation and other higher education programs.

ConsIn the first few years there is a lot of hard work and time that needs to be put in. However over time, the work gets easier through working with clients and receiving referrals. And the flexibility over running your own calendar helps maintain a work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue supporting the financial advisors as you currently do with programs such as the training through Harvard and the Wharton School of Business at University of Penn.

Great company and people to work for and build a business.

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsAxa provides unlimited training. They are big on team building and are always pushing you to do your best.

ConsMust be able to contract to receive benefits and pay.

Intern!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture in the office is great. Solid people around you looking to help and build your career. The managers are there to help, since you make them money.

ConsThe downfall is that it is very tough to get started in the industry, but if you can do so it is very lucrative. As a young or recent college graduate be ready to be working 50-60 hours a week to really get your foot in the door.

Internship

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLearned how to work the phone

ConsA large amount of down time

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structured internship

RBG may seem like a good niche but doesn't compensate enough

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsBesides management, almost everyone else is new so people are very friendly with one another. Even if new to the financial field, you learn a bit about it.

ConsIt takes a while to do any real business. They want you to first start off with family and friends. It may seem that's part of their strategy because they help you sign them up, and get a % of the commisssion, but won't help you to acquire any new business.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!