AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated 28 October 2014
3.2

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money) (in 8 reviews)

• Salary, plus commissions flexible schedule and the opportunity to meet different people everyday (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training (in 8 reviews)

• And its commission based salaries for the most part so good luck building up that book of business to gain a decent earnings (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Growth, development, rewards.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AXA Advisors is the place for you if you care for things like autonomy, mastery and purpose. I love being able to set my own calendar and focus on brave goals with the great help of our manager. Success comes inevitably if you learn to follow your calendar and keep performing your best every single day. A great place to play an Entrepreneur role in a world of financial services. This gives me an opportunity to be my own business owner and represent myself to the clients as my company. Which is a great advantage and another great trait in the financial world.

Cons

The Entrepreneurial part might be as good as it might be bad. For example you gotta pay rent for your own cube and/or assistant and stuff like that. Personally I do not mind that at all but putting it in 'Cons' is my gesture to all those who might not appreciate this fact as much as I do.

“Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    My advice would be to stay supportive but keep reminding other reps their true duty as a Financial Advisor.

perseverance

Current Employee - Registered Representative in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

if you work hard you'll be rewarded for it. Unlike regular employment even you exceeded what was asked of you, you don't get much in return, but in AXA its WORK HARD AND GET REWARDED. lot of perks!

Cons

you need to pay for your business and everything it entails. if you don't have a sale that month it means no compensation too. So this job is for the tough ones

Not a very helpful

Current Employee - Financial Professional Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Professional Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors (less than an year)

Pros

The interview process was easy and the Vice President who interviewed was extremely nice.

Cons

There is poor structure and you are just left to do what ever you want. There does not seem to anyone keeping track of what you do, this is frustrating.

Not what they advertise it to be

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have the potential to run your own business if you have the network to do it.

Cons

They like to promote the company and working there by talking about their intense training program and their large retention rate. The training program is almost non-existent and all but 1 of the people I started with have since moved on.

Tons of calling, 60+ hours per week necessary for new advisors

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, flexible schedule (get what you put in), growing need for the industry, "be your own boss"

Cons

Very long hours needed to succeed, hundreds of cold calls per week to get going in the position, no one is interested in what you do for a living, career carries a bad reputation

Stop pushing new reps to sell friends and family first. No one benefits in the long run unless that advisor stays in the industry

Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Greenville, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in Greenville, SC (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Flexible schedule
    -Diverse culture/backgrounds
    -Friendly office environment

Cons

-Unpaid position
    -Cold calling to recruit other advisors
    -Little Interaction with employees aside from other interns
    -No training

Get your interns involved

Best career for the Right Person - You Can Make A LOT of Money and You Get to Help People at the Same Time

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can make six figure income in your first year. This is truly a career, not a job. You have some control over your schedule. Each and every day you get to help people plan for their retirement and their children's education. You also get to help client's manage their investments and assist them with their insurances. There is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

It is a lot of hard work upfront. However the longer you are in the career, the easier it gets. There is a lot of training in the Buffalo branch early on, which can take up some time. But this is worth it because the managers help you get up and running very quickly.

Analyst

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Good Benefits. Okay Salary. Good at hiring from within

Cons

not much growth opportunity within the company

Can be a good start point of your professional financial advisor career

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great working environment, it's is easy to get involved into the community. Great team atmosphere with co-workers who become friends.

Cons

You might get lazy once you do not have any duties. You have to be self-motivated and find out what you really want to do.

Worth it if you can hack it ...

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Like any great company AXA has some challenges, but overall it's a great place to work. Excellent training. Great support from my district manager and a good office culture.

Cons

It's very challenging to stay motivated getting having to hear the word "no" more often than yes.

Don't let any weak people through the doors ... it doesn't help when I want to be around others who really want success.