AXA Advisors

Add Review

AXA Advisors Reviews

Updated 30 April 2015
378 reviews filtered by

1. I work in Troy and the management is incredibly supportive and I look forward to continuing to grow as an advisor.

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Troy, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Troy, MI (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Both the management and executive management have been very supportive. The atmosphere is awesome and the support staff will go out of their way to help you.

Cons

i do not have any cons about this job. Is it hard absolutely, do you work long hours, absolutely, but when you help someone take care of their future, it is very cool.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep doing what you are doing. I don't have anything to say about the CEO bevause I do not know enough to do that.

2. Great Place to Build a Financial Services Career

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After a year of interviewing various large and small financial services firms in the Washington, D.C. area I decided to enter the industry and build my practice with AXA. The leadership of the D.C. branch comes from a position of industry experience and success. It is important to me to have a leadership team that made the commitment to build their own successful financial practices and prove themselves in the industry, so that I can be confident in their guidance and advice in building my own practice. What is very appealing and encouraging with this firm is the office culture is one that emphasizes joint work with experienced advisors, comprehensive training, and most importantly self accountability in building my practice. I'm very happy with my results and experiences at AXA.

Cons

Entering the financial services industry as an advisor working directly with clients is challenging. Challenging not just at AXA, but at any financial firm. This can be frustrating. Work-life balance is tough to start out because it takes time and commitment to build a successful practice. However, once your practice builds momentum the work-life balance improves greatly and provides more flexibility than any other career I have worked in. A challenge that I experienced is that coming on board is not taking a job, but building a practice. That mental shift from being an employee to being a business owner building my financial services practice was a bit of a struggle, but it is essential to understand to be successful.

3. intern

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

They have a very flexible work schedule. Laid back culture, allow you to work when you want. They offered to sponsor my I-9.

Cons

I barely learned anything while working at AXA Advisors. Essentially, all you do is call 1000s of people to try to get them to work at AXA and to get customers to meet with a representative for a yearly summary.

Advice to Management

Give interns more work.

5. Summer Internship

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Banos, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Banos, CA (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great work environment. Management and employees are friendly and happy to talk and help you with what you need.

Cons

I was mostly assigned to do menial tasks and my day-to-day was the same almost every single day. Other tasks that I was assigned were not particularly exciting. Perhaps the only thing that I got out of this internship was that I don't want to go into the life insurance industry

6. Caution

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great management support. Good education

Cons

Extremely expensive overhead charge for all advisors. No return on the charge. Limited products. Must seek 3rd party products constantly to be competitive or to even have a client solution. Commissions are low. Split too many ways.

7. There are a lot of great people that work here that want you to succeed.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Overland Park, KS (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very laid back environment. If you need to take care of a personal issue than you are able to take care of it.

Cons

Very unorganized and there is no concise plan for a new hire to succeed.

Advice to Management

Have a more clear plan for your new hire to succeed.

8. Sale, Sale, Sale

Current Employee - Financial Representative in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros, they don't help you get clients, the training is a joke, and they fire you if you don't hit quotas also they have a big turn over rate.

Cons

you must pay for you licenses and they only reimburse a 80% and managers are there to take advantage of you.

9. All depends on what branch and manager you have

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

If you have a manager that is devoted to your success and building a team as well as a branch with a culture that breeds success, all you need is to be willing to work hard (12 hour days during week, come in on some weekends).
    Pays off in long run if you are so inclined to work hard.
    Provides superb opportunities for advancement if you are willing to work for it
    Above average compensation package

Cons

You're likely not going to make much money in your first 6 months unless you have a strong natural market (friends and family) so you need a support system or money to fall back on until your practice gets up and running.
    Be ready to suffer for 1-4 years before you have a self-sustaining practice.
    Management gears towards selling proprietary products although you are not required to

Advice to Management

Stronger vetting process during hiring, I see plenty of people that last less than 3 months because the job wasn't what they thought it was or they weren't qualified.

10. Good but not professional

Current Intern - Financial Advisor
    Current Intern - Financial Advisor

I have been working at AXA Advisors as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is comfort and friendly. It's a good place for people like to talk with others and wanna be a financial advisor. But not provide visa sponsor for international student.

Cons

You need try your best to get as much info about potential clients. The process is very boring, but you have to be patient and keep working.

Advice to Management

People wanna work as a financial advisor needs to get some license to access to the position.

11. Worked for the company for almost two years. Training was minimal. No local growth opportunities.

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good Initially work life balance was good.

Cons

Revolving door. Lack of Training. Very small raises.