Abbott Labs

Abbott Labs Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Abbott Labs Chairman and CEO Miles D. White

Miles D. White

Pros
  • Management does heavily emphasize the work/life balance within departments(in 41 reviews)

• Pay is good, offer good benefits for Permanently employed employee's(in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance challenges, direction of new company(in 14 reviews)

• Large company with a slow bureaucratic administrative paperwork that can be overwhelming(in 14 reviews)

One of the best to work for in the industry

IT Manager (Current Employee) London, England

Prosgreat team and benefits. Enthusiastic environment.

Consnot much to say, overall nothing to worry about.

Great People but poor senior management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsCommitted individuals who do not give up even when under duress

ConsPoor Senior Management leadership, particularly within ADD

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must learn from your mistakes

It was excellent working with abbott laboratories

Anti Counterfeit Scientist (Former Employee) Queenborough, England

ProsI got plenty of opportunity to upgrade my knowledge and to handle some of the most sophistacetd instruments. The team was very friendly and talented,

ConsOverall I enjoyed working with Abbott and i recommend others as well if opportunity arises.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should offer bit more of permanent employment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good teamwork

ProsFamily feel
    Little back stabbing
    Genuine people

ConsStagnant
    In the dark ages
    Commercial people get all the recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the praise
    Ore innovation

Dishonest, Lack Credibility, HR Dept Worst ever; Ethical Values contradict reality at company

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOverall package above average in industry

ConsHR Dept dishonest and disreputable - employees best interests far from their focus
    Reknown in industry for revolving-door-company; people join and soon leave due to company's politics, lack of ethics and treatment from Managers and HR alike
    Preach etkical values; practice the exact opposite -disreputable, dishonest, with long chain of unhappy employees within most of their Depts
    Worst company I and 5 others within same team have ever worked for between our combined 63 years experience

Advice to Senior ManagementLose your HR Dept - you know what tehy're doing to employees; they know; present employees know - soon those outside the company will know.........
    Lose your 'bad' Managers - they should be 'managing' and 'encouraging' and 'supporting' - NOT discriminating or harrassing or criticising

Old Fashioned, Hierarchical and not Focused Company

ProsGood Pay and work-life balance

Constoo many manager who are poorly skilled and do not listen
    Poor communication and decision making
    not dynamic and very reactive

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management

Great pay, great benefits and perks, an overall great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsPay is competitive, benefits are great, and that's expected from a healthcare company. Lately management has been transparent in regards to where the company is going, even if negative (ex. cutting costs, outsourcing, etc.). Lots of room to move around if you're an engineer or scientist. Standard daytime operating hours (M-F 8-5).

ConsSome micromanagement, typical corporate bureaucracy, occasional large-scale layoffs, lots of chiefs for so little amount of Indians.

Great place to work

ProsChallenging environment, people are treated well, solid company

Constoo much bureaucracy, moving jobs outside of Canada

Good place to begin a pharma sales career

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA (US)

ProsIt has been a long time since I've worked at Abbott, but when I was recruited by the district manager the salary was about the median for a pharma rep at the time. The benefits of course were excellent. I had a territory comprising most of urban Northern Virginia and some of Washington DC, which kept me busy. A company car was provided and AMEX card, all of the trappings of an early 1990s pharma field sales job.

ConsMy district manager was very heavy handed in general-not unusual for those days, high pressure to succeed and exceed goals for my territory. Nothing I didn't expect from a Fortune 100 company manager. There was a very long, three week away-from-home training period when I first started with the company. Tests every night and again lots of pressure. If you deal with pressure well-and I did, you will be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't give advice to management.

Science

ProsEnvironment, people, weather, parking, equipment

ConsMoving, space, telephone, computer, systems

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!