Abercrombie & Fitch

2.8 2,046 reviews

Abercrombie & Fitch Chairman and CEO Mike Jeffries

Mike Jeffries

(1,132 ratings)

Pros
  • Working with really good looking people - cons is that they are not smart (in 44 reviews)

• you got to work with people your own age and the managers were pretty laid back (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • The lucky ones would get 8 hours a week getting paid minimum wage (in 232 reviews)

• Poor work life balance, poor support from upper management depending on the district/region you're in (in 69 reviews)

More Highlights
2,046 Employee Reviews

Great Experience

Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prosfast paced environment, great training program, advancement opportunities are endless especially for international expansion

Consretail hours can be challenging and time off during holiday seasons can be hard. Other than that I can't complain

Enjoyed working with the models, managers, and the fashion experience

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosgreat opportunity to learn about fashion, image, and operations of a store. It was fun, enjoyed the atmosphere, and the people.

ConsThe pay is not enough for managers and long hours. Corporate needs to have more opportunities to advance from the stores to the corporate office.Promotions need to be about experience and hard work, and loyal to the company. Instead the only way to advancement within the stores as a assist manager is being to recruit another assistant manager that has the Abercrombie physical appearance first and degree second. There are not abundance of individuals that everyday people come in contact with the Abercrombie & Fitch image and physical appearance with college degrees. There are a lot of people with fashion degrees and the operational experience that is never considered; because of their physical appearance.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pay is not enough for managers and long hours. Corporate needs to have more opportunities to advance from the stores to the corporate office.Promotions need to be about experience and hard work, and loyal to the company. Instead the only way to advancement within the stores as a assist manager is being to recruit another assistant manager that has the Abercrombie physical appearance first and degree second. There are not abundance of individuals that everyday people come in contact with the Abercrombie & Fitch image and physical appearance with college degrees. There are a lot of people with fashion degrees and the operational experience that is never considered; because of their physical appearance and not there degree.

Great learning experience

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsI enjoy working with people around my age and its a great way to meet and make new friends.

ConsThe yearly pay is very low for the amount of work they expect you to do and the insurance is quite expensive. Plus the hours are retail hours, so your social life becomes non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an extra manager per a store so that there is more overlap. Having one associate and just one manager is sometimes overwhelming.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok for a student job looking to earn easy extra cash..not if you need a significant income.

Sales Associate (Model) (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsCasual environment, coworkers become friends.

ConsMinimum wage. Managers had bad attitudes..complained about their own pay.

Great people, fun managers

ProsI met a lot of people during college

ConsNo way to move up in the company unless you get a college degree.

Great for high school students

Sales Associate (Model) (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

ProsFlexibility. learn the business, build communication skills, build organizational skills

ConsPoor pay, price of clothing

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Great people and work environment

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New Albany, OH (US)

ProsGreat campus environment including gym and fantastic cafe, benefits, people are very positive

ConsSome departments work long hours

military

Impact Team Member (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Proseasy to trade shifts, nice enough managers

Consmust get a second job. max hrs a week were 12. strict policy on looks. employee discount didnt help much when it came time to buy clothes for your uniform

Great place to meet people.

Model (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsThe people you meet there are awesome and makes the time and effort you put towards the company worth it.

ConsIts retail so you'll have to do with all kinds of customers. The job is repetitive and it could get really boring.

Fun and Horrible

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsThe discount.

I worked there while in high school and through part of college. It was a fun place to work, for that period of my life. I'm still in contact with few people I met while working there.

ConsYou had to be meticulous, which would get fun if a team was motivated and dedicated - but that was rare and impermanent.
    It was very important we hire attractive people - that's the thing that makes me feel awkward when I look back at what of kind manager I was while I worked there.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!