Accenture

3.6 7,944 reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(3,126 ratings)

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

7,944 Employee Reviews

Good experience

Management Consulting Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat people, great policies and opportunities. I had an excellent experience working with talented people at this company.

ConsLarge staff; it's easy to get lost in the crowd and difficult to navigate to do the type of work you want and are trained to do at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention paid to matching the right people to the right roles

large company, with lots of opportunities if you want it

Analyst (Former Employee) London, England

Prospersonnel growth, chance to earn extra qualification, lots of characters

Conswork life balance, long hours, often very boring projects

Advice to Senior Managementperks and communication improvements to people lower in the organisation

Good company to work for

Pros- Lot of benefits (i.e. GYM subsidy, Personal Insurance, etc.)

Cons- HR has very straight roles

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to bootstrap your career

Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) London, England

ProsYou are immediately put in positions of responsibility so you will learn skills very quickly. You will work with very talented people and opportunities for progressing your career are well supported by Accenture. The type of work you is varied giving you the opportunity to shape your career in the direction you wish to take.

ConsThere is a very corporate feel to the company culture so beware if that's not your kind of thing. You will be asked to work long hours on occasion. Salary is relatively low for technical analysts with a few years experience in industry

Counterproductive culture

Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsAccenture give great results and employ only the brightest, most driven people. They never do things by halves and always strive for a positive outcome and, as a result, more business as a result. They're not interested in a short-term relationship with clients, but one that lasts and grows for years.

ConsA strong performance management culture is essential for a successful organisation, but the way things are implemented at Accenture fosters a culture of colleagues manouvering to outdo their peers. This translates into very negative behaviours within teams. Management are generally those who have successfully used the same techniques in the past so don't discourage it

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more notice of what employees are delivering for clients, as opposed to delivering for laddering reviews - only the first one actually generates revenue!

Good place to start your career.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsSome great people - i have mode some great friends and worked with some inspiring people.
    Good learning opportunities including training and client exposure.
    Very accommodating to employee needs in terms of time off, opportunity to take LOA, work from home etc.

ConsYou can get pigeon holed to do certain type of work again and again.
    Being one of the few females in a male dominated area of practice I feel I lack the right mentor-ship to navigate the company.
    Promotion process is lengthy and drawn out which can lead to frustrations.

Advice to Senior ManagementChampion people better in order to retain talent.

Partner

Partner (Current Employee) London, England

ProsCompany values, interesting work, smart people

ConsBureaucracy, internal process started to get in the way of client delivery focus.

Excellent place to work in a company like this.

ProsVersatile, Brand value - fantastic process world class people

Consheavy travel to different place, working away from home most of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent

Good stepping stone

ProsGreat benefit package (especially maternity)

ConsBureaucracy and performance management based on who you know.

Middle management the worst I have ever seen in industry

Experienced Hire (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThe Accenture Brand opens many doors and provides tremendous kudos.

ConsLike many SI's this is a very cut throat world for experienced hires. The graduates or are offered many promotion routes as long as they tow the line and say "yes sir" to the right leadership (that is literally all you should do to get promoted). Any experienced hire who shows innovation and excels is held back and literally used and spat back out. Retention rate of experienced hires is extremely low for this reason. Management is very poor as graduates are promoted into these roles after a few years and lack and industry experience in management and any common sense - something they should teach the graduates is that being very bossy is not how to manage. Experienced hires (and here I mean most in middle management who haven't really been able to excel in the wide world prior to Accenture), who adopt the "yes sir, I will do as you say I should so" approach survive. All of these middle management are consumed with apprehension of experienced hires who show that success can be achieved outside of current business models and that moving with innovation brings even more success and therefore become awful to work for. It is also a very "old boy's club" environment in Accenture and it is a great shame as the company itself could actually be a lovely place to work as most people would be proud to be part of the firm if they were shown the same level of support that a born and bred or brainwashed Accenturian is.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hold back your experienced hires just because they are good. Don't be rude to staff behind close doors because you are challenged by their strengths and success and because they show innovation. Remember the graduates are brainwashed into being polite and don't feel they can fight back...we know different and will fight back and if that doesn't work we walk away because we know we can. It is as simple as that. Just because you happen to have practised business one way and achieved what may have been seen as good success for a number of years doesn't mean it has to remain the only way you should approach business. If a new approach shows better success - adopt a new style. When innovation brings success - welcome it and learn from it and MOVE WITH IT.

Being a manager and being a dictator are two different things entirely. The later is the one which gives the firm as bad name.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!