Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(2,755 ratings)

7,185 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work Life balance, Easy to commute as good connectivity of shuttles across the city"
    in 431 reviews
  • "Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting"
    in 415 reviews
Cons:
  • "Don't respect work life balance or personal commitments unless you have kids"
    in 850 reviews
  • "No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors"
    in 143 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good

Manager (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Accenture full-time for less than a year

ProsGood place for experienced hires

ConsLimited opportunities for less experienced hires

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

6 + yrs of exp

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood in terms of culture , and learning

ConsToo many policies restriction etc

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify the process , don't complicate them

Learning experience with wealth of opportunities

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiversity, wide range of opportunities, serious about corporate citizenship, frequent opportunities for progression

ConsThe performance management system benefits those who play the system rather than the highest performers. Employees often get forced onto roles they don't want to do in locations they don't want to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMatching employees with roles should be done by management and employees together not a separate team of HR schedulers who are completely divorced from and ignorant of the business.

A Good company to work for; not a good paymaster, but has a great value on CV

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get to work for top clients including Fortune 500 companies, Challenging work Assignments, Smart & Brilliant people, Great learning opportunities.

ConsYou need to be flexible in terms of travel and working hours, but that's typical for any consulting company, not a good paymaster

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe skills & expertise of lateral hires are not fully utilized and more focus is required on integrating lateral Hires with the company culture

HR Specialist

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)
Aberdeen, Scotland

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployees are engaged, adequately challenged and appropriately compensated

ConsYou are working with some of the best talent in the world, so you have to stay on your toes to stand out. Not necessarily a negative for people that like remaining challenged

The right place to start your career

Developer (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Accenture as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood work culture. Interesting projects. Opportunities to learn a lot. Lots of training and travel.

ConsToo hierarchical. Sometimes too much pressure and unrealistic expectations and working hours.

Great people

Management Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsQuality of people, great variety of projects, good learning and development opportunities, especially at junior grades, good work life balance with high degree of flexibility

ConsHR is very slow, tedious and confusing. Growth becomes more and more difficult the higher up you go as it becomes a lot about who you know and youre expected to do a lot over and above your responsibilities

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people already within the organisation advancement opportunities rather than constantly hiring externally

Cog in a machine

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat 'extra-curriculars' including additional training, sports clubs, social events, fundraisers, charity days, writing Points of View with like-minded people. If you manage your career you can get a broad variety of experience in different industries and different roles

ConsAt the analyst level the turnover is huge. It feels as though the firm doesnt care about the progression or needs/wants of this level of employee because they fully expect that around half may leave so there is no point investing. They are given the worst roles and expected to 'play the game' in order to get ahead, the laddering for performance management is ridiculous as all analysts on a project could be working extremely hard, all doing 'extras' but still people will be forced to the top or the bottom even if this is not a true reflection. This is demotivating and causes people to suck up and appear better than their peers and promotion will then be entirely down to who represents you in the room, so if you don't get on particularly well with your line manager and they choose not to fight for you then you have no chance of getting ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest, don't set false expectations, tell new employees how it really is and encourage people to follow their passions as otherwise they will end up resenting the firm for their time 'wasted' doing something they have no interest in.

A wealth of experience, but with a less than ideal work-life balance.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat place to get exposure to various industries, big multinational clients and decent training. If you like travelling and working with different cultures, this is a great place to work.

ConsWork-life balance less than ideal, especially if in an out-of-town assignments. The company is becoming quite big and structure keeps on changing making it confusing for employees to develop careers and have a sense of belonging. Burocracy is also a big overhead on top of the already long working hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp manage people's careers in the context of the constant organisational changes.

Bit rigid and bureaucratic

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to learn. You get an opportunity to work with very smart people

ConsSome of the processes are so rigid. So little room for innovation or entrepreneurial way of working. Sometime bureaucratic where you will have to adapt so much to the environment around there and you feel is it worth doing it...

Advice to Senior ManagementIt needs to find a way to pull in the knowledge of Industry experts. Just core consulting skills will not help sustain market share. And forced ranking could sometimes used in a wrong way by few managers to prove their own point......

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 7,185 reviews are posted anonymously by Accenture employees.