Accenture

10,239 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
4,138 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

It was amazing working with great minds. Accenture gives you the opportunity to flourish in your respective careers.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many things to learn from your peers and seniors in the organization. Scope of growth is very high.

Cons

Salary is the only thing which gives you little low in the company. HR is not very helping in the company.

Please involve lower level employees more into the major decisions of the company so that they can also relate and make relationship with the organization.

Great place to start off

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learn a huge amount, meet some great people, chance to move around if you make the most out of it, great training, the company name will put you in good stead for when you move on.

Cons

You have to play the game, the hours can be long, you can travel lots, promotion process is quite brutal but as long as you are aware of it and play the game from the start thats great. If you go in for three years, learn as much as you can and then move on you can 100% guaranteed you will be snapped up by another company.

I worked with some great managers with some tight deadlines. I learnt a great deal from them. Only advice is to not forget there is a life outside of Accenture.

analyst

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Friendly and willing to help.
    Relaxed environment
    Quality work
    Paid was good too.

Cons

Environment of the office is "old" looking.. Not really inspirational. Very corporate.

Friendly and straightforward recruitment process

Current Employee - Analyst in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in Manchester, England

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

Good money and varied work as expected at a consultancy

Cons

Can be a political environment and net always a meritocracy

Management Consultant working on large business transformation programmes.

Former Employee - Management Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in London, England

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of great experience and varied projects across multiple industries. Also the opportunity to work with in a professional environment, with established methodologies and frameworks.

Cons

Extremely long working hours as with any management consultancy firms. Be prepared to work all day every day. The branding is 'high performance. delivered." This means client is king (as it should be) but you will work 24/7 in order to achieve this.

Review work/life balance practices.

OK, but far from Great

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Accenture has a good reputation, some of it perhaps a little unwarranted, but looks good on a CV.

- 15% discount on company shares which are ever increasing (at the time of writing) in value (although you are taxed on the market value difference, as HMRC see this as a perk)

Cons

We talk a lot about different client experiences at Accenture (which I think is why a lot of people hire us) however we have very few SME's because promotion and progression power is all within the specific client account's. Those that do well often seem to have joined Accenture and then only ever worked on one (or maybe two at most) client's. This means that often general consultants are passed off as being SME's or as being experts in their industry/that technology, just to keep the individuals on the account because it will ruin their promotion chances / bonus etc. In the same way, leadership for most who work at Accenture is from the accounts and not whichever group they are attached to. I sometimes wonder why client's don't ask the individuals to explain where THEY have done whatever it is they are been hired for before, as in most cases I think we would fail to answer this without embellishing the truth.

Recruitment here generally seems to be flawed, you often come across individuals who you wonder how they got through the door, but most managers and team's tolerate this as Accenture's forced bell curve performance model forces X % of any team to be under performing so these people are used to protect the rest of the team.

IT here is terrible, most of us have 3-4 year old laptops, which are replaced on a four year cycle. Worst still is IT keep forcing updates like Office 2013 onto us which makes the machines even slower and more recently an agent which tracks everything we do (supposedly to help reduce data loss). If you do have a problem, no-one rings the offshore IT helpdesk as it's understaffed (technically and physically) so most people just use Google or let the problem remain.

Generally, if you 'brown-nose' and play the game, which most people figure out pretty quickly, then it's easy to do well here, just don't expect any support from anyone, including HR and in most cases the Senior Managers and Executives, as they are often too busy playing the game themselves!

Project primacy has to stop, as does the forced bell curve. Get rid of under-performers or simply don't hire them in the first place, if an individual struggles to write a paragraph without correct basic grammar/spelling then they probably aren't going to be acceptable to any client on any project, so why hire them.

Don't let your children work here - life is too short.

Former Employee - Senior Executive in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Executive in London, England

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well recognised global brand
    A 260,000 person company, so inevitably some decent-very decent people
    The world does need seem to need them, so the business results are good

Cons

Some incredibly weak leadership. Over-promoted individuals who have learnt to operate within the Accenture system, but that would never qualify to be leaders of men and women in a normal commercial business.

Beware of the Core values, these are BS. It's as though they have taken there biggest weaknesses and turned them into their mantra.

Live a little

Associate Manager

Former Employee - Associate Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in London, England

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Access to top notch clients

Cons

Poor work life balance
    Poor salary

You need to focus on providing a better work life balance to your employees

Great company but saps the life out of you

Former Employee - Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fantastic people - clever and intelligent. Good benefits, great technology and innovation. you can work from home in most roles.

Cons

not paid well enough for the job you do - ie sign over your life.
    told that if you are not happy with pay - you can live, because we want people that work for the brand.
    promotions opportunities are just not there anymore - used to be a great place to advance your career, now it's a fight to the top - everybody wants it. Training is mostly in house, cut back on costs massively. not a selling point anymore.

think of your people as assets - pay them well - you are making so much money - share with your staff. invest in training - this used to be a great benefit.

Top consultancy firm but comes at a price

Former Employee - Test Team Lead in London, England
    Former Employee - Test Team Lead in London, England

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

• Excellent career choice for graduates but beyond those early years it becomes a hard slog
    • Great opportunities to work across projects and industries picking up different skill sets
    • You are always given opportunities to step up to the next role/grade.
    • Working with some very talented people

Cons

• No work/life balance!!! - very long working hours are the norm
    • Performance management system is unclear and often comes across unfair
    • Project timelines are often unrealistic and poorly managed

One of your core values is 'Respect the Individual' - but non-consultancy staff are seen as just a number with a pound sign over their heads and nothing more. Treat staff with some respect and allow them to steer their careers in the direction they want.