Accenture

3.6 8,008 reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(3,159 ratings)

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors (in 161 reviews)

More Highlights
8,008 Employee Reviews

Good experience

Management Consulting Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat people, great policies and opportunities. I had an excellent experience working with talented people at this company.

ConsLarge staff; it's easy to get lost in the crowd and difficult to navigate to do the type of work you want and are trained to do at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention paid to matching the right people to the right roles

large company, with lots of opportunities if you want it

Analyst (Former Employee) London, England

Prospersonnel growth, chance to earn extra qualification, lots of characters

Conswork life balance, long hours, often very boring projects

Advice to Senior Managementperks and communication improvements to people lower in the organisation

Great place to bootstrap your career

Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) London, England

ProsYou are immediately put in positions of responsibility so you will learn skills very quickly. You will work with very talented people and opportunities for progressing your career are well supported by Accenture. The type of work you is varied giving you the opportunity to shape your career in the direction you wish to take.

ConsThere is a very corporate feel to the company culture so beware if that's not your kind of thing. You will be asked to work long hours on occasion. Salary is relatively low for technical analysts with a few years experience in industry

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Counterproductive culture

Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsAccenture give great results and employ only the brightest, most driven people. They never do things by halves and always strive for a positive outcome and, as a result, more business as a result. They're not interested in a short-term relationship with clients, but one that lasts and grows for years.

ConsA strong performance management culture is essential for a successful organisation, but the way things are implemented at Accenture fosters a culture of colleagues manouvering to outdo their peers. This translates into very negative behaviours within teams. Management are generally those who have successfully used the same techniques in the past so don't discourage it

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more notice of what employees are delivering for clients, as opposed to delivering for laddering reviews - only the first one actually generates revenue!

Good place to start your career.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsSome great people - i have mode some great friends and worked with some inspiring people.
    Good learning opportunities including training and client exposure.
    Very accommodating to employee needs in terms of time off, opportunity to take LOA, work from home etc.

ConsYou can get pigeon holed to do certain type of work again and again.
    Being one of the few females in a male dominated area of practice I feel I lack the right mentor-ship to navigate the company.
    Promotion process is lengthy and drawn out which can lead to frustrations.

Advice to Senior ManagementChampion people better in order to retain talent.

very positive

Proshave really good work ethics

Conswork life balance can be better

Good company to work for

Pros- Lot of benefits (i.e. GYM subsidy, Personal Insurance, etc.)

Cons- HR has very straight roles

Partner

Partner (Current Employee) London, England

ProsCompany values, interesting work, smart people

ConsBureaucracy, internal process started to get in the way of client delivery focus.

Short but good training

Analyst (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGood training opportunities - first 5 weeks as a graduate were solid training

ConsAreas of work not very interesting (for me).

Stagnant row, project and promotion depends on luck

Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

Prosbenefits are good, especially for people on maternity leave

Consdifficult to get hands on an interesting projects, a lot depends on your relationship with the manager, rather than your performance. many people will claim that your work was their work, etc. generally not a very nice environment.
    HR is fairly incapable and the promises of strategy related work is thin air, as 90% of work is Technology based, which is where you end up if you don't fight or are unlucky.
    changing performance management year to save on employee benefits worth of 3 months

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in talent, not private relationships. the smartest people leave after 2 years max

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!