Accenture Reviews

8,654 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,465 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 565 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 503 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1081 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 177 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall Neutral, Highs and Lows on the way

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- strong brand
    - intelligent people
    - interesting projects
    - heavy weight for your cv
    - you build up perseverence and stamina if you survive more than few years

Cons

- work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke
    - cruel performance management process
    - your own performance does not really drive your career, other people do in a non transparent way
    - too much pretention and hypocricy across the senior levels - huge gap between what the politically correct marketing says and what is every day reality

Middle management the worst I have ever seen in industry

Former Employee - Experienced Hire  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Experienced Hire in London, England

I worked at Accenture part-time for more than a year

Pros

The Accenture Brand opens many doors and provides tremendous kudos.

Cons

Like many SI's this is a very cut throat world for experienced hires. The graduates or are offered many promotion routes as long as they tow the line and say "yes sir" to the right leadership (that is literally all you should do to get promoted). Any experienced hire who shows innovation and excels is held back and literally used and spat back out. Retention rate of experienced hires is extremely low for this reason. Management is very poor as graduates are promoted into these roles after a few years and lack and industry experience in management and any common sense - something they should teach the graduates is that being very bossy is not how to manage. Experienced hires (and here I mean most in middle management who haven't really been able to excel in the wide world prior to Accenture), who adopt the "yes sir, I will do as you say I should so" approach survive. All of these middle management are consumed with apprehension of experienced hires who show that success can be achieved outside of current business models and that moving with innovation brings even more success and therefore become awful to work for. It is also a very "old boy's club" environment in Accenture and it is a great shame as the company itself could actually be a lovely place to work as most people would be proud to be part of the firm if they were shown the same level of support that a born and bred or brainwashed Accenturian is.

Don't hold back your experienced hires just because they are good. Don't be rude to staff behind close doors because you are challenged by their strengths and success and because they show innovation. Remember the graduates are brainwashed into being polite and don't feel they can fight back...we know different and will fight back and if that doesn't work we walk away because we know we can. It is as simple as that. Just because you happen to have practised business one way and achieved what may have been seen as good success for a number of years doesn't mean it has to remain the only way you should approach business. If a new approach shows better success - adopt a new style. When innovation brings success - welcome it and learn from it and MOVE WITH IT.

Being a manager and being a dictator are two different things entirely. The later is the one which gives the firm as bad name.

Stagnant row, project and promotion depends on luck

Current Employee - Analyst  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Accenture full-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits are good, especially for people on maternity leave

Cons

difficult to get hands on an interesting projects, a lot depends on your relationship with the manager, rather than your performance. many people will claim that your work was their work, etc. generally not a very nice environment.
    HR is fairly incapable and the promises of strategy related work is thin air, as 90% of work is Technology based, which is where you end up if you don't fight or are unlucky.
    changing performance management year to save on employee benefits worth of 3 months

invest in talent, not private relationships. the smartest people leave after 2 years max

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Short but good training

Former Employee - Analyst  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Analyst in London, England

I worked at Accenture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training opportunities - first 5 weeks as a graduate were solid training

Cons

Areas of work not very interesting (for me).

Find your niche

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Great career & skills development

Cons

Low-value BPO/implementation work dilutes the value and brand

Career fast track but expect to sacrifice social life

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very clear career trajectory.
    - In consulting you're only ever around three years away from a promotion and there are only four from graduate entry to MD.
    - You have a clear idea of package at each level which is a good thing.
    - Much faster progression opportunities compared to industry

Great experience to be had.
    - Accenture has great relationships with most FTSE companies and the projects are usually complex / interesting
    - Some of the people you'll work with are exceptional. Working with exceptional people will make you strive to be better
    - Good opportunity to change industry and role without taking a dip in salary (as you might if not in consulting and moving company)

Good benefits.
    - 30 days holiday
    - Great venues for events
    - Gym subsidy
    - For women, full pay for 9 months for maternity leave
    - Shares available at 15% off market value
    - Car and bonus for Manager level and up

Cons

Lifestyle
    - Hours can be terrible
    - Locations can be remote and away from all non-Accenture friends (see below)
    - Slowly your colleagues will become your social circle. Actually you'll probably find your girlfriend / wife will also be someone you work with
    - When talking to non-Accenture people you may find you have become incredibly boring as most of your time will be spent at work. Normal people don't seem to get excited by the story of how you industrialised some processes, managed to socialise the perfect deck or delivered some last minute assets

Performance Management Process
    - Can be incredibly tough if you don't have the right combination of network and PR skills. You can be incredibly competent at your job and fail to get recognition due to failure to play the game (networking & PR)
    - You'll find that you will constantly looking for the next promotion and can't seem to just enjoy being where you are; this is the culture

In all honesty management are pretty good at what they do. I could say don't expect people to work weekends or be more visible etc but my view is that as an employee you join knowing the hours are bad and if you want management time that's for you to sort!

Excellent place to work in a company like this.

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

Versatile, Brand value - fantastic process world class people

Cons

heavy travel to different place, working away from home most of the year.

Excellent

Good stepping stone

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefit package (especially maternity)

Cons

Bureaucracy and performance management based on who you know.

Love my job!

Current Employee - Manager  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great client list, very helpful and encouraging career counsellor, great opportunities to continue to develop and shine as an expert in my field... Fantastic. I can work from home whenever I want. The travel opportunities have been terrific as well. Maternity leave? 9 months full pay including car allowance... really supportive of the work/life balance. Excellent learning opportunities. Truly global collaborative environment.

Cons

HR is completely incompetent and clueless. Not enough women in senior leadership positions. Laddering (forced performance ranking) is a brutal process, but you get used to it. No one is going to help you find your next role; you have to be proactive to go get it.

A turbulent career full of highs and lows

Current Employee - Analyst  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accenture has an amazing client list and they hold good reputations with them. There is flexibility to move between clients/industries if you know how to work the system. Your career is very much in your hands and it is up to you to shape it - no one will be holding your hand.

Cons

Performance management is not handled particularly well but this is understandable given the size of the company. More often than not, the firm feels like a mass production machine.

Become more visible on projects and not just at events.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!