Achievers Reviews

95 reviews filtered by
4.1
Achievers President and CEO Eric Lochner
Eric Lochner

Pros
  • Amazing culture, great workplace environment and great people (in 12 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any growing company, the only constant is change (in 6 reviews)

• Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Very exciting and lots of potential

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of the employees are very nice and willing to help. The company is growing fast so there is lots to do, and as a result I get to work with lots of different teams and get a glimpse into their worlds. At my last company, I was stuck in one job which got to be pretty boring pretty quickly. I like how much fun everyone seems to have. The new CEO seems to be a great cultural fit and has a great background. Love the team events.

Cons

I guess all companies have their pluses and minuses, but nothing really sticks out as a "con."

Advice to Management

This seems like a great market segment in which we can have a huge impact as a company. Let's grab as much market share as we can!

Achievers - CULTure of L.O.V.E

Current Employee - MD EMEA in London, England
    Current Employee - MD EMEA in London, England

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Achievers is about Employees and they live there values in every way. Providing Employee Success Platforms to help ompanies create a culture of Engagment and Aligning Employees with the company values using Social and recognition to drive that alignment. I have never experienced a company with such a strong culture and a buzz that many others can only crave

Cons

None to my mind, it's a small and rapidly growing company and with that remaining agile is one of its key differentiators in the market

3. NA

Current Employee - Individual Contributor
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor

I have been working at Achievers

Pros

Passionate people who really believe in the company mission
    High growth and focus on development of employees
    Amazing customer focus

Cons

Constant change as the company grows can make it challenging for employees to focus

Advice to Management

New CEO is promising and look forward to his vision and direction

Good & Bad

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros

- You get things like snacks and drinks, and you get to work in a pleasant environment
    - Social atmosphere with others
    - High energy people for the most part
    - There are some good teams that support one another (really depends on what dept you are working in)
    - Some fun events like socializing and drinking on Friday, friends to go to lunch with
    - If the right people become close to you, you'll get some positive opportunities in your career development. It's getting rarer and rarer though.

Cons

Compensation:
    - You're definitely expected to work after hours without being paid
    - Salaries are different for all team members. If you get to the point where you can discuss this with your team members, you'll see that people are paid more because they were just more vocal and direct/dramatic about getting a pay increase

Leadership/teamwork:
    - Leaders all have to play a political game with Sr. Management, so don't expect pure honesty on pay, professional development or an over-burdened workload
    - Sr. leaders (CEOs, CFOs, VPs) come and go A LOT. It's a bit embarrassing as a company image

Social/Political Landscape:
    - Everyone has to play a political game in the Toronto and San Francisco offices. If you don't make friends with the right people and make sure you're seen, you will not get the chances the person next to you gets.
    - Your social acceptability is correlated with your professional development and advancement
    - The high-school comparisons are not exaggerations, you just have to deal with it once you're working there

Integrity:
    - It's political, so you have to be careful who you confide in. There have been many instances where I have heard of direct sabotage between employees. And I mean employees and leaders trying to get people fired. Everyone talks to everyone.
    - These positive comments and the company rating SHOULD BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. Achievers DOES reward brand new employees for posting a review. Do you think a new employee would post anything but positive? They haven't even experienced the company yet, and they need to make a good impression. Of course they are giving positive reviews.

Advice to Management

There is such a cycle of political operation that I'm not sure if any advice would be helpful. Just be good people, make smarter decisions for the greater good and respect one another.

Achievers Response

Apr 22, 2015Manager, Talent Acquisition

We certainly appreciate your feedback and agree that our environment is pretty awesome. Many of our employees do indeed end up becoming very close friends as a result of meeting at Achievers ... More

6. Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers

Pros

Achievers gives you the freedom to learn and try new tools. You are respected for your hard work and talent.
    It has a casual atmosphere. Love the free food and drinks!

Cons

If you are not ready to put effort into your job, this is not the right place. The job could hectic. If you don't love what you do, it could get tiring

7. Fast-paced company with lots of excitement

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing and the leadership seems to care about the employees. The daily meetings are a great way to keep the company up to date, and most importantly sales are increasing steadily. Promotions and internal movement seem to be a regular thing. The medical and dental benefits are REALLY good. Everyone just seems to have a really good positive attitude which makes it easy to come into work everyday.

Cons

No matching 401K. Because it is an open area, it can get a bit noisy, but nothing that headsets won't take care of.

Advice to Management

Keep the growth coming and the emphasis on sales. Continue to foster internal growth and provide opportunities to advance within the company.

8. Achievers is a great company to grow in your career at

I have been working at Achievers

Pros

Brilliant driver people and a great sense of fun

Cons

Quite a bit of change at the leadership level. Will be interesting to see the direction of the company this coming year

Advice to Management

Be more proactive with investment in your people. Don't wait till frustration to promote.

9. Great concept and awesome team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaboration and employee success are at the heart of the company and high on management's priority. Employee and customer happiness is very important to Achievers

Cons

High management turnover is causing uncertainty and loss of valuable team members. This brings anxiety but also opportunity to the organization

Advice to Management

Stability and focus are necessary to bring the MOJO back to the team!

10. Good culture with transparency

I worked at Achievers

Pros

People are nice. The culture is great although it might turn some people off. There seems to be a lot of transparency.

Cons

The company is at the phase where it is growing and thus is having trouble holding onto its start-up culture.

Great on the Outside.

I worked at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're junior, you can have a chance to get entry-level experience, which is great to build on. Sometimes it's hard to get that chance.

If you're in software development, this is a really good place for you. The software team is protected from the things that happen at Achievers, they're a happy bunch and so they should be! :)

Company markets itself very well

Employees can use the product, which is a nice everyday bonus with points

Cons

Disclaimer: the positive reviews you see in Achiever's profile are company-mandated. Employees get cash-equivalent rewards for writing their review when they begin at the company. The company will probably comment on this to defend themselves, but that is the bare-bone truth.

Unfortunately the company is experiencing a down-turn. Business has fallen, employees are unhappy and leaving in large numbers, there are many more competitors offering similar products.

Job security risk is a common theme amongst all teams except for software. Job risk flare-ups happen once every 7/8 months consistently.

Unstable company structure that falls apart every 6 months. Major executives get hired and fired regularly (the CEO most recently), valuable VPs leave regularly (leaving teams without direction for months on end), board members cancel/change things promised to employees without warning or explanation.

Company politics run rampant. I'm sure if you scroll past the company-mandated positive reviews, you'll find true reviews that compare Achievers to a high school. This applies even more to senior members of the company, which is scary.

Not ethical. There are long-tenured and even new managers that work on white lies and rumours. HR is not an exception unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Try to simplify your efforts, get back to your values and code of ethics. Treat people with respect and follow-through on your goals. Everyone is running in circles, afraid other groups are doing something behind their backs. It's unprofessional and, as is very evident right now, bad for business.

Achievers Response

Mar 20, 2015Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write this review. We pride ourselves on continued transparency at Achievers, therefore we greatly appreciate feedback at any time.

You are correct. We do