AdMedia

Updated 21 October 2014
2.1

Danny E. Bibi

Awful Place to Work

Former Employee - SEO in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - SEO in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Had some decent people there trying to survive - kind of like war buddies. The first year they had company events but none in the last year or so. They always had office supplies.

Cons

They laid off 7 people across 4+ departments on the same day in August. People who had been there for years were let go on a Friday and the CEO hired 6 new people to start the following Monday. If you apply here, always remember that this is the kind of person you might be working for.

Consider therapy because the suffocating structure of your company leaves absolutely no room for people to thrive. Also - consider coming up with your own ideas instead of just ripping other companies off.

AdMedia Response

Oct 30, 2014Counsel

We do not think this accurately reflects the work environment at AdMedia, as we . believe the writer of this post to be an ex-employee who was terminated for cause, as it appears their "advice to ... More

Conflicting views

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office locale, snacks, some freedom, start up environment. Requests for new office equipment at most times were usually met. Not sure about now but used to be generous with that.

Cons

The treatment of individuals who actually worked hard for the company was lacking.

Start up enviro can sometimes work for or against a company. The owner / CEO takes on too much (micromanages) and doesn't seem to care much for anyone, be it staff or clients.

CEO is a sexist and stand offish

Great company, environment, friendly staff, and pay!

Current Employee - Ad Sales in Burbank, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Ad Sales in Burbank, CA (US)

I have been working at AdMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Half day Friday's; you have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you work hard – the sky is the limit!; there are free drinks, snacks, coffee and teas; the CEO and management are incredibly helpful and will be there for you, super flexible hours too.

Cons

I think the 401K match could be improved, and it takes a long time to generate ample vacation time.

Continue to grow the new hire training, and don't be afraid to let someone go a week early, as opposed to a week late.

Seriously awful

Former Employee - Ad Sales in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro was half day Fridays.

Cons

In my time at AdMedia, there were no massages, no opportunity of growth, and no communication. It took forever to get the simplest of answers. In all honesty, I am surprised the company is still around with their current name. If there were opportunities to advance within the company, I might have stayed. Too bad there was nothing to write home about with this company.

Do the complete opposite if what you currently do.

Run away!

Former Employee - Ad Sales
    Former Employee - Ad Sales

I worked at AdMedia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

California is employment at will

Cons

Management is terrible, not what it seems, quite frankly awkward and uncomfortable. If you are looking for growth you have a better chance watching lima beans sprout.

Tighten up brother!

Do yourself a favor and stay away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at AdMedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I started it seemed like the cool company to work for. There was an endless supply of drinks and snack, we went on company events, and had cool office holiday parties. The drinks, snacks, and events all went away shortly after I started. Half day Fridays were nice.

Cons

No training ... you have to figure everything out on your own. I don't want my hand held, but some guidance would have been helpful. Understanding processes, my position in the company, things like that. However, after my time here I learned there aren't any processes or rules. There were departments and people had titles, but in the end those didn't matter all that much. So not receiving any training makes sense.

Everything has to be done immediately, you have to rush like it's DEFCON level 1. There is no cost benefit analysis to anything there and since they are so hard up to keep advertisers and publishers they say yes to every request. No matter how long, ridiculous, or difficult the request is it's always yes. More often than not the advertiser/publisher leaves because of bad ad performance and all the work that went into the request goes out the window.

The products offered serve up multiple products that publishers are unaware of. They think they are using product X and end up getting X, Y, and Z. There are a TON of different products and new ones are created all the time. The latest product is always pushed on publishers to use. The problem is all of the products they offered are sub par and could be improved. Rather than taking time to make a few good, solid products to offer, as long as it kind of works it's fine for publishers. All of the products are direct copies of other advertising networks products. It's hard to convince publishers to use your product over another one that is the same but better quality.

They have very few people left. A lot of people got let go, or quit, between Thanksgiving 2013 - February 2014. People just stopped showing up. There was no announcement of a company downsizing or restructuring. One day people were there and pretty soon half the company was gone ... without a word. I'm surprised the company is still operating. There is nobody to help publishers. There are a few people to try and get advertisers on board. There is no HR. It's just the owners and a handful of people.

Everything started out cool and exciting ... then it became one of those too good to be true deals. You dread going to work, finding parking on the street, dealing with unhappy clients, dealing with management. Only looking forward to Friday since it's a half day.

Keep looking for something else. Don't waste your time applying for a job here. You'd be better off looking for spare change in the cracks of your couch. For anyone else that worked there, they can vouch. But the day I walked out of there it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Work smarter, not harder. Have some kind of structure to the company besides just naming departments.

A waste of my time.

I worked at AdMedia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They provide snacks, and you work half days on Fridays.

Cons

Where do I start?

It seemed like a step up at first. They are very good about making you feel welcome, but you quickly learn who is in charge and who should just be "lucky" to even be there. The owner of the company is 100% unapproachable. He will blatantly ignore you and then send someone to tell you to direct your questions to them. The entire office thrives on petty gossip. Nobody really works as a team here, we're all just kind of trying to get through the day. What was once an exciting place to be became a burden very quickly. Think twice before applying here.

BE management.

Not what it seems like... once you work there longer than a week

I worked at AdMedia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Half-day Friday is only positive to working with AdMedia. Snacks are good when they are actually provided-usually when new staff it hired to impress.

Cons

Companies is shady and office gossip is the only way to get ahead. A lot of perks are promised when you first interview however you soon realize it is not true.

What management?

Working at AdMedia has been a challenging and educating experience.

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Burbank, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Burbank, CA (US)

I have been working at AdMedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment isn't too stiff. There isn't a lot of micromanaging involved which allows employees to have more freedom when doing their job and there's room for growth. AdMedia offers full benefits, and the company has perks such as half-day Fridays, free gym memberships, and free drinks and snacks.

Cons

My only complaint would be that I have ASK for feedback instead of it being automatically given.

A fast-paced but cool work environment.

Current Employee - Developer in Burbank, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Developer in Burbank, CA (US)

I have been working at AdMedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

AdMedia has a very agile and fast-paced work environment and is making big strides in the world of online advertising. Lot of hard-working people.

Cons

Less organized at times because of Agile nature of the company, but its making improvements in that area too.

Should have more streamlined processes with timelines.