Adobe

Updated Jul 19, 2014

3.8 1,014 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance(in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in(in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels(in 37 reviews)

1,014 Employee Reviews

Great place to work and great culture

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat perks, you can work in interesting technology and work with very good people. I really enjoyed my time at Adobe.

ConsLong release cycles back then.

perfect

Antipiracy Field Team Agent (Former Employee) London, England

ProsEvery day is a new day. There are a lot of challenges and new obstacles. Every day is different and exciting. great benefits,smart co-workers

ConsCompany has to focus on retaining top talent

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not loose top talent for competitors. Remember hiring is tough.

Great team, great opportunity, great experience overall

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England

Pros- Great team environment, everyone willing to help each other and keep each other motivated
    - Direct line manager was very supportive and encouraged personal growth
    - Fair comp and bens
    - "All hands" meetings were good for communicating about what was going on in the business and about the company vison etc

Cons- When a new director came in, my role was completely changed without consulting me, which led to me choosing to leave. It was effectively a demotion.
    - Great at the wider communication about the business as a while, but not within business areas and immediate teams.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep communication going throughout the business, not just top level, but all throughout!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Culture

ProsGood pay/benefits, flexible working hours, great people to work with, lots of intelligent bright dedicated people

ConsThe fear of being made redundant, lots of lay off s annually. Hardly any career growth..

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an example to follow, stop intimidating..

Not bad but can be much better.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) London, England

ProsNormally a good work-life balance and friendly direct manager and good people to work with.

Projects are normally challenging and you're always tasked on something just above your skill set that will make you personally grow.

Conslack of training, lack of career opportunities and you're normally forgot alone on customer side. Only focusing on billing and utilisation. The utilisation is what your bonuses are based on and you don't have any power in working on it as it's defined by the engagements that the engagement managers will find for you.

Travels are never part of utilisation but you're asked to travel and to make-up the time you eventually loose on customer side.

Salaries are below the average.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with the people you should work for. You should work for your direct reports, not the other way round. Try to fight for them instead of hiding.

Give them good salaries and career opportunities that match the market. It's a tough work in the field even if you sit in your chair comfortably.

inside sales

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) London, England

Prosgreat team environment, everyone is helping each other to get the deal closed

Consnot enough marketing support for lead generation

Advice to Senior Managementroutine team meeting is a great way to encourage more collaboration, exchange ideas

Good company, lots of opps for career progression

Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

ProsScope for career progression, interesting products

ConsPoor managers
    HQ (and best roles) in Maidenhead

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Excellent working environment pre Day Software inclusion!

Technical Architect (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsExcellent peers and working environment, Adobe hires top level employees and working among them is always a good experience.

ConsHidden politics at management level is a turn off, hiring one year and shedding all important employees the next year is normal at Adobe! as a result it ends up as Top Heavy company specially in EMEA! with contractors filling in!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a clash between Adobe and Day methodologies, practices, management and way of doing things. This needs to be addressed to make Adobe a uniform and successful company.

a roller coster

ProsWell known Band with some very cool products

ConsThe ethos has changed in recent years, and theres a lot of people out for themselves rather than the greater good of the company, customers or employees.

Good place to work

Tier III Support Engineer (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat products with an opportunity participate in product direction. Open friendly environment to work in allowing freedom to think.

ConsCan be remote if working say for USA and living in the UK

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!