Adobe

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.8 1,021 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in (in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights
1,021 Employee Reviews

Fantastic people, products, and opportunities.

Senior Computer Scientist (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are are fantastic. The brightest, most collaborative, and friendly coworkers that I have ever had.
    The products are interesting, deep, and far reaching.
    First level managers are often seasoned veterans in the jobs that came from the role that they manage and generally handle the individual contributor to manager transition well.
    Flexible schedules. This is not a 9-5 job.

ConsThis is not mandatory or enforced, but the con to the "not a 9-5 job" is that occasionally it's a "9-midnight job".
    The near upper management can fluctuate suddenly with corresponding course changes.
    Although these have been absent for the last few years, the sting of the annual layoffs (including that of very good people) is still fading.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to avoid the annual layoffs. RIF years had a long lasting effect on employee morale and productivity.

Great culture

Senior Director (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsAdobe has a great ethical culture of delivering mind blowing products while preserving a great balance of life and work. This derives from the founders, Chuck and John, and has been preserved because of their active involvement on the Board and because so many key contributors to this culture Adobe have stayed and not chased other opportunities. . The brand is very powerful worldwide and the pay and benefits are outstanding.

ConsIt is inevitable that a culture that does such a great job of preserving work-life balance will have pockets of operations where the pressure to deliver is very intense (sales, radical updates to products such as making it all cloud based). Also, the Omniture acquisition brought in a lot of people who were in the mold of their former CEO Josh James who was selfish and self-promoting and the antithesis of Chuck and John. They are very political and a continuing risk to Adobe's culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery so often, the company has a RIF and a lot of the deadwood is cut away. But a lot of it remains. Management needs to do better at identifying poor managers and executives in a much more timely way and hold them accountable to improve or let them go.

excellent, very strong work life balance

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosvery strong creative and marketing products, always innovating and cutting edge software!

Consnot much, great place to work

Advice to Senior Managementshare more info on pay levels and expectations to get to next level

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsI like a lot that people are genuinely passionate about what their doing. I've personally never perceived it as a job but rather as a way of doing what you love.

ConsSharing knowledge and reuse the codebase amongst different teams could be improved. Sometimes you reinvent the wheel even though someone else in the company has most probably already done something similar in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport more the personal development of the employee regardless of the immediate needs of the project.

Thoughts of Adobe

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people were wonderful to work with. Direction and growth of the company is innovative and fantastic

ConsFelt that individual contributors were not given the opportunities they could have

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the ICs a chance to choose if they are too busy or want to make the time to invest in themselves

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company bad model

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsWork life balance is truly practiced

Consscrewed up payment of commission.

Advice to Senior Managementbad comp plans with that force you to sell out your territory. If you want growth than set up the comp plans to reflect that.

Great global company that really invests in their employee

ProsThe work culture and the team are amazing, people are clever but helpful and there's always a great atmosphere.
    The company really invests in their employees and want people to be happy in their role. Opportunities to make a difference "outside of your normal work" is highly evaluated and encouraged examples being CSR, overall business insights, interviewing new recruits, training team members etc. Work life balance is highly valued and you are basically told to go home if you stay too late in the evenings.

ConsIt's a big company so can be hard to change something that's implemented and running. Sometimes you don't really feel like a part of the company (HQ in San Jose, California) since everything comes from the US, examples being global calls with the CEO etc.

good company

Data Scientist (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosall is ok with culture pomotions and leadership

Consi have good benefits at afobe

Advice to Senior Managementbenefits first personal growth second

Solid products, good culture, need to increase sales pay

Account Executive (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsA very solid company culture. I feel like my contributions are valued. There is room to grow my career. More time off than I can possibly use in a year. The best place I have ever worked

ConsOver the last few years Adobe has really fallen behind in what they pay sales people. It is pretty shameful actually, and has lead to a huge exodus this year. Hope they can see the problem and get it corrected soon.

Place for retirement

Computer Scientist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsGreat work life balance, people are nice to each other, feel like family.

ConsThere are lots of people take advantage of the relaxing culture, not feel much motivated, since they wont really appreciate that. no cash bonus for 2013 individual contributer

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease reward people who is really doing a great job

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!