Aerotek Reviews

Updated 29 September 2014
3.3

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 20 reviews)

• good training - if you are in the top 1% of the company you can make a lot of money (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 89 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Software Developer - Very good

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Little Rock, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Little Rock, AR (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

very good working culture and professional

Cons

management is lazy at times

An amazing place to start your career

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Choosing to begin your career at Aerotek is wise decision for multiple reasons. First, you receive incredible training, development, and mentorship from your colleagues- I am convinced the mentorship you receive there, specifically, is the best you could possibly experience. Especially if you don't have much career direction coming out of college, Aerotek is a great way to learn about different industries and career paths because you support so many different companies (including the obvious two that they offer- recruiting and sales). You will also work with some of the best people you'll ever get to meet when you work at Aerotek. Working at Aerotek can be very challenging and exhausting, so having great people by your side helps you through the hard times. The culture is definitely what Aerotek's foundation is built on, although it has started to slide/change a bit over the years.

Cons

There isn't much opportunity for anyone not interested in recruiting, sales, or customer support. You have to be extremely successful (in Aerotek's sales-based terms) in order to really get anywhere unique within the company.

Create more opportunities for those who aren't put in the best territory/situation but still embody core values to represent the company well in non sales-based roles (outside of just the CSA role).

I worked for Aerotek on two separate occasions and both were good experiences.

Former Employee - Technical Writer/Editor  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Writer/Editor in Tucson, AZ (US)

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The company treats its contractors fairly and provides a standard wage.

Cons

The company I was placed at had a lot of managerial issues. As a contractor, this happens occasionally.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great company

Current Employee - Analytical Chemist  in  Frederick, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Analytical Chemist in Frederick, MD (US)

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

great company, GREAT work, good work ethic

Cons

nothing i can think of

Potential

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Albany, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Albany, NY (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

The potential to make a lot of money, opportunity to learn a lot about different industries, growth in business acumen, personal growth, networking opportunities, ability to expense lunches, promotions, time off, potential to get car allowance and cell phone allowance. 5K increase in base salary after your first year. It is a great entry level opportunity.

Cons

No Work-life balance. Standard work hours are 7:30am - 6PM, Plus some weekends and extra week hours depending on projects.

As advertised, a great opportunity to develop yourself and others...

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, great coworkers, and a developmental strategy that allows you to grow professionally within the organization.

Cons

The highs are high, and the lows are very low. You must keep a level mind at all times.

Would work with them anytime!

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Immediate placement. I was employed by Aerotek almost steadily for 4 years. The first position didn't last long, then I had about 2 months of unemployment. The last placement I had with them lasted about 3 years. I have since moved, but if I needed an employment agency, I would choose Aerotek.

Cons

As with all employment agencies, there can be periods of not working.

Above and beyond

Former Employee - CAD Designer  in  Elkhart, IN (US)
    Former Employee - CAD Designer in Elkhart, IN (US)

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Recruiters are personable, and thoughtful. The occasional phone call to check on you. The longer you work with Aerotek the better the relationship becomes.

Cons

Number of offices could cost you a 1 to 2 hour drive to close your deals.

Keep up the great work

Okay

Former Employee - Chemist I  in  Piscataway, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Chemist I in Piscataway, NJ (US)

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Paid holidays and sick days.

Cons

Job as secure as any contract position is.

Try giving a raise.

Very interesting and challenging situation.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Warren, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warren, MI (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

For the most part there were some good people to work with in the call center. I liked helping GM customers (I was subcontracted to GM) resolve their issues concerning auto repairs. GM indicated they wanted us to do all we could to resolve repair issues within reason and I worked as hard as I could to bring about favorable resolves. In most instances, I was successful.

Cons

The six weeks of training was intense and often confusing. Our cur office replaced foreign call centers which was comforting to customers who heard native english speaking customer service reps handle their cases. However, a new model (different from training) required we provide fewer options to customers which angered many of them and decreased employee morale. Mature workers were usually the first to be fired and many of them felt as if they did not get the personal attention many of the younger workers received. Not to complain, but work loads piled up considerable and case load management required that some cases be closed quickly on to have re-opened a short time later.

I realize it's a fast paced work environment but employees would provide better service handling smaller case loads or given more time to resolve them. GM Managers worked hard to maintain morale but even they were stressed by the quick policy changes that took place. Aerotek managers were usually seen only when it was time for reprimands to be meted out. I would encourage Aerotek to provide more of a buffer zone between employees and the corporate management.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!