Agfa Healthcare

Agfa Healthcare Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Strong internal cohension but a chaotic management

Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInnovative products, a pleasant working atmosphere; space for personal freedom

Conslittle opportunities for growth and development, no investment in employees

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a competent and permanent senior management; the sr. management should be more open for dialogues and remain open to criticism; they should invest more in the further education of the employees;

good experience

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Prosfriendly environment, great people to work with.

Consknowledge transfer need to be improved.

It was real fun in the beginning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time

ProsThey have a real good Benefits program.

ConsThey say they are all about Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction.
In reality, management just wants to see the numbers.
They have lost touch with the employees, especially the Field Engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should take a hard look at the middle management.
Seems to be a whole lot of chiefs and not alot of indians.

tough experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood engineers and service technicians left to work at maximum capacity

Consno investment in employees, no development path, below average salaries, no clear product strategy, discontenting work environment

Continuous RIF's to make company look more profitable

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany car, decent pay and coworkers that stick together while leadership is nonexistent.

ConsEmployee morale is at an all time low with some of the most valued members actively looking to jump ship before the company sends them packing. It's gotten harder and harder to keep customers happy when we don't have enough resources or a clear vision on what we need to do to get the job done. Where is upper management? Employees are afraid to complain of being overworked because that seems to be the #1 cause to be placed on the next RIF list.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of upper management that are not contributing to the improvement of the company or their teams and hire experienced people. It's because of their poor leadership and decision making skills that we are all in the situation that we are in. When the chips are down, they are non existent and customers never see them.

Heartlab, the product that did not really exist

Image Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHeartlab was basically a good image company that over extended itself with unfulfilled promises.

ConsWhen sold to to Agfa, very few of the promises made to customers who had already purchased the product were not fulfilled. Most of the software promised was actually vaporware and did not exist. Agfa was duped in to buying product features that were not developed and were for the most part never going to be developed

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen buying company, forget the hype and look at the customers

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Greenville, SC (US)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood benefits, stable once you get the sense of how things work.
Products are respected in the market, that helps to get things done and fulfill that need of achievement.

ConsThere is not a career path created by managers. You have to keep an eye on how you can grow internally, otherwise you can stay there for years (assuming you do your work alright and nothing external like a economy crash or revenue impact the business) withouth a raise.
There is a lot of people not committed to company goals. E.g. people not even answering back emails to owners of the same team. Managers don't care.
Functional teams (e.g. Sales and Services) are not integrated and each manager looks for its own interests. There are no clear responsibilities defined, ending up in confusion to those that are in the front line. At the end the customer ends with the worst part.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook further than revenue interests. Just a few managers understand this. Look over the fence to other IT companies that try to get their employees trained, give new opportunities and responsibilities.

Great company, great products, great people.

Software Architect (Former Employee)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIts products help people. Its developers care about the products and the end customer (the patient on the table)

ConsManagement has been up and down over the past couple of years. Power is held at head office so all decision making is there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the local management teams... they know what they are doing. They are the ones who make this company what it is today.

Sad to see what is happening there.

Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat team in the field of exceptionally smart and loyal people. They care about their customers and always go that extra mile to get it done despite management shooting the company in the foot at every turn

ConsLocal, USA, management is worse than useless. They are reactive rather than proactive. They manage to a budget and think that the field and their customers don't know what they are up to. Policy is counter-intuitive and never makes sense. They continue to alienate customers with cutting staff, stopping parts so that what should be a one hour fix takes 2 days and continue to push bad product to be fixed in the field rather than deliver a rock of a product like they used to. One has to believe they are running the company down to sell it off.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and push back up stream when what you are told to do does not make sense. Retain and treat your employees like the valuable asset they are. Other companies are benefiting by hiring them away and treating them like the valuable parts of a team they are.

Utter Chaos

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for less than a year

ProsGood people that have great ideas but are handcuffed due to inept management from Corporate in Belgium

ConsPhilosophy is to throw everything against the wall to see what sticks...and then repeat as many as times possible until something comes out of it. Since their sales numbers are horrible, the US market is cutting staff left and right to make budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for gainful employment

Worked for Agfa Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Agfa Healthcare reviews and ratings. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Agfa Healthcare employees.