Agfa Healthcare Reviews

Updated 23 April 2015
76 reviews filtered by
2.7
CEO

Pros
  • Good benefits, stable once you get the sense of how things work (in 5 reviews)

• Good people to work and share experiences (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management really jumps the gun in allowing unfinished products into the market (in 7 reviews)

• No cost of living or merit raises for the 4 years I was there (in 4 reviews)

1. Support analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mortsel (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mortsel (Belgium)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Good benefits. Relaxed attitude, Good work life balance

Cons

Unorganised , detached from reality

Advice to Management

Less middle management

2. Agfa is a great company with Management changes aimed at company growth even with the new healthcare laws in place.

Current Employee - Customer Suppoirt Engineer
    Current Employee - Customer Suppoirt Engineer

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive Pay, Health Benefits, Company Car Program, and Job Training

Cons

Upper Management out of touch with what goes on at Field Level, Resources hard to find when help is needed. Need more Field Engineers to help cover territories.

Advice to Management

Retain employees with willingness to share knowledge and that have desire for company growth. Do not keep expanding territory and trying to do more with less!

3. Not gonna say

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Not many. Pay is OK,.

Cons

No merit increases since 2008. Benefit's are being clawed back. Local managers are good, Head management in Europe is completely out of touch with the employee's. Every year, people ask "What about merit increases". Every year, we hear the same thing, "No". Wait until next year, we will see. Guess what, next year is never good.
    The company is putting all of their eggs in one basket in the form of a buggy, poor performing piece of software.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee's. We have supported the company by effectively taking a pay cut every year (no merit increase, but inflation keeps going). Support your employee's for once instead of always doing everything for the shareholders. I would not invest in Agfa because of the way they treat employee's.

5. Developer

Current Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love the office culture and cool teams.. a very caring environment! We work on products that save lives and enhance patient lives. Good benefits, flex time, free gourmet coffee, free gym (in-house), highest percentage in industry for pension @ 8%!!, good vacation/best sick benefits.

Cons

Always uncertainties with raises/bonuses, projects, layoffs. No raise or cost of living in 8 years!

Advice to Management

It would boost moral if Belgium mgmt showed their appreciation by tangible $$ rather then whining about sales and the price of silver. We work hard and put in long hours only to hear that's what we should do - without ever any increase in compensation.

6. The people I worked with on a day to day basis were great but all over worked

I worked at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Health insurance and pay was the median for job class

Cons

Long days and no raises for 8 years. No recognition for a job done above and beyond to save a customer contract

Advice to Management

You lay off the wrong people at times and never get out in the field to meet customers or you field employees

7. Very enjoyable, lots of work and stress, but I like that.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Greenville, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist in Greenville, SC (US)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Customers - equipment - travel - work from home..

Cons

Management stress - lots of windsheild time - on the road everyday

Advice to Management

Listen more to the worker bees.

Needs more Innovation. Power Point Spinners!

Former Employee - Sales in Northeast, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Northeast, NY (US)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Great People and culture exists

Cons

Lack of Innovation causing company to hire new management and make changes

Advice to Management

Invest in Technolology

A rewarding job

Former Employee - R&D in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - R&D in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AGFA Healthcare recognizes contributions made by the individual employees, and reward accordingly.
    There are opportunities to innovate and grow as a person or as a team. Schedules and dates are realistic and the tools are available to get the job done.

Cons

The leadership team varies in management style from team-to-team. The company is very process heavy, so you have to enjoy working in a more regulated environment.

Advice to Management

Change is good at all levels, but many changes in a short time at top level management can be very disruptive.

10. New Management needs to eliminate middle managers and put more GSC support in front of customers

Current Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in West Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in West Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

No micromanagement but I think the days of regional managers sitting at home and not bothering anyone is over.

Cons

Rumors of middle management being eliminated to make room for more support in front of the customers. You have an acount manager, regional manager, local service support and GSC. We have too many positions that should be supporting the customer but are not. Regional Manager is not ever seen, Account manager is only seen when they want to sell something and local support is all over the place trying to wear many hats. GSC is being slammed and yelled at for all of the above lack of support and communication with the client.

Advice to Management

Eliminated regional managers and local IT support they should be resolving issues via remote support. Most of IT calls via local service are bogus made up calls to make it look like they are busy. Regionalize via multistate your imaging support for DR. CR and printing can be outsourced and still make money on each call, use the Konica model. Account managers do an excellent job getting in the face of the client and if not replace that person. Too much fat that you can't afford.

11. Unfortunately it seems unlikely that Agfa will survive . Belgium is not in touch with US market.

Former Employee - Sales in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Name was a staple in imaging...(although these days most folks have no idea what Agfa does)

Cons

Zero leadership. Ostrich-behavior. Customer is rarely put first

Advice to Management

Either commit to the industry by hiring positions needed to support customers or just sell the business.

Agfa Healthcare Photos