Agilent Technologies

Agilent Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Agilent Technologies CEO and Director Bill Sullivan

Bill Sullivan

Pros
  • This company has long been a shining star in "work/life balance" for its employees (in 108 reviews)

• Good work environment when I worked there, by that I mean the physical environment (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / Life Balance sometimes out of balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management runs the business based on politics for shareholders, not customers or employees (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, great people,

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

Prosthe people in general were great; products cutting edge, good work life balance.

Consthe management don't seem to be able to understand when and where to invest in their business. They sold off so many business in the Telecoms area when really they just needed better management and more support. Could have really dominated in that region with better management.

Compromise less than zero

Trade Compliance (Current Employee)

ProsBig worldwide company with big project incomes

ConsIt keeps reducing its staff constantly and never invests in hiring new professionals; my personal experience is being a subcontractor for the past 2 years. Its main goal is to reduce costs at the maximum, therefore even subcontractor companies are changed regularly, what impacts in the normal functioning of our day to day work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes lowering costs is not the main objective to be bigger...

Good people to work with but senior management not in touch

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsDecent salary and benefits and very flexible regarding working practises.

ConsCompletely broken ranking process. No growth opportunities. Continual draconian expense management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the spreadsheet management and apply some intelligence to the process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jury is still out..............................

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsGood salary and benefits,. Still a lot of people with hp way in mind.

ConsKind of lost their way a bit after they split from HP. Although I hear that things have got a bit better now they are out of the protracted transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't always go for the cheapest most unform solution. Sometimes something smarter is required.

Ok but not great

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsEngineering legacy from the HP Way

ConsSenior Management communication and trust

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the work force

Good mid-sized company

IT Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsStability, and flexible work hours. Good benefits, still contributes to a retirement pension account. Good colleagues to work with.

ConsGlobal company means out of normal workday hours. Outsourcing to offshore model can be challenging. Offshore vendor resources make aggressive schedules difficult to meet on some projects.

Cares about employees but limited opportunities for advancement post company split. Existing management now overpaid.

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsYour experience at Agilent is dependent on your immediate manager. The company allows a lot of freedom for managers to dictate the environment for the staff. Some allow freedom to work from home others do not. work/life balance is fair, but with back office operations in South East Asia, there is a lot of work done outside of 'normal' work hours.

ConsPretty tight expense controls. No frills and the old HP employee perks are gradually going away one by one (retirement etc).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop selling and splitting the company and try to grow it!

It's a well managed and employee oriented company.

Tax Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros1. Work life balance
    2. Work independently.
    3. Open door policy.

Cons1. A little slow in growth.
    2. A stretched or lengthy hierarchy.

Good Place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsNice Work Environment
    Work Life balance

ConsTechnology not upgraded
    Job Insecurity as company is split in August,2014

Aging Company

Account Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsAs a young engineer in sales, there is a lot of opportunity in the older generation retiring. There is a lot of expertise and experience available

ConsThe company has an aging mindset and doesn't seem to be able adjust to getting, cultivating, and keeping young talent. The people that stay are complacent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open with employees about career planning

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!