AlixPartners

Updated Apr 03, 2014

AlixPartners Chief Executive Officer Fred Crawford

Fred Crawford

N/A

Vice President (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at AlixPartners

ProsGood comp package and team 'on the ground' are good to work with

ConsLack of direction and support from management

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Alixpartners is not a bad place to work if you're part of the majority. If you're a minority, expect a challenge.

I have been working at AlixPartners

ProsPros...pay for overtime and better than average bonuses. Alixpartners does a decent job for a firm its size.

Cons3 major challenges:
1. Senior leadership model embraces a stoggy old school mentality. Leadership appears extremely inflexible when it comes to change. This is a direct contradiction to the firm's most rudimentary principle.
2. The lack of diversity, especially in leadership. Top two levels of Leadership is comprised mostly of white men.
3. Alter the assessment & testing phase to incorporate the employee of 2104. Most people don't have 6-8 weeks to interview for a position.

Advice to Senior ManagementBroaden your employee and leadership base and the clients will soon follow.

Mixed Bag--Make sure you know what you are getting into

I have been working at AlixPartners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHighly valuable experience and skill set. Projects cuts right to the heart of the matter and one really learns how to 80-20 and make decision under uncertainty. Furthermore the continuing flat economic growth in US and AlisPartner's focus as tactical cost reduction specialist bode for good exit strategies.

ConsCulture is very sharp elbowed. This is not a place for the thin-skinned. It is a sink-or-swim environment with minimal support or training. Make sure you have your consulting down solid before joining AlixPartners.

Minorities Be Aware

Associate (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AlixPartners full-time for more than a year

ProsGood compensation and benefits, but money is only one part of the equation. You can move up if you play the game right and real skills and abilities are not encouraged.

ConsFavoritism; a work culture that alienates minorities not from similar backgrounds; travelling schedule is not predictable and work life balance does not exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook after the needs of all members of your team, regardless of the color of their skin or their background culture.

great place to work

I have been working at AlixPartners

Proshands on, real impact for clients

Conslow leverage model can be challenging

No work life balance, make sure you are buddies with the partner.

Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at AlixPartners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOvertime pay, consistent year-end bonus, almost free healthcare coverage for you and your family, intelligent and hardworking coworkers, pension program (the amount depends on your base salary) and a generous amount of vacation time.

ConsWork/Life balance is non-existent, partner rewards those who are friends with him gives those unworthy people promotions, must be connected to email 24/7 and even when you take vacation you never feel like you are truly "away" from the office because you still get emails and are expected to respond.

This firm is a great place to develop both market contacts and the technical and soft skills to serve them well.

Director (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AlixPartners full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay is good, plenty of development opportunities, and the people are better than you'll find in most organizations. Benefits are also great compared to many professional service firms.

ConsIt can be difficult to achieve work-life balance, and working project-to-project leaves the future chronically uncertain, both from a scheduling perspective and from an am-I-still-valuable perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the most accurate and updated information available to employees, as appropriate.

People are practical and get things done.

I have been working at AlixPartners full-time

ProsIt is a growing firm and they are investing in people.

ConsIt does not have the big name like the others but the people are as professional.

Good for some, bad for most"

Vice President (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at AlixPartners full-time

Pros1. Free Snacks
2. Free Food
3. Computer equipment
4. Corporate Amex Platinum - with that comes great perks when traveling

Cons1. No one team atmosphere, every practice operates differently.
2. Annual review is a complete joke, you can have a stellar year but if you are not buddy buddy with an MD. Forget about the promotion
3. Boy's club atmosphere
4. Work/Life balance doesn't exist

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the values that Mr. Jay Alix believed in and make it a great company. Have a real formal process to review employee performance. Have an upward feedback program.

Turnaround & Restructuring Services

Director (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at AlixPartners full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe firm has a great reputation in the industry. The client delivery people are very good. Good place to start your career in restructuring.

ConsThere is very little room for advancement beyond the director level and there are a lot of director level employees. Interim management opportunities primarily go to managing directors.

Worked for AlixPartners? Contribute to the Community!

AlixPartners Videos

AlixPartners – Why Work for Us?

AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialize in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AlixPartners reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AlixPartners CEO Fred Crawford. All 31 reviews are posted anonymously by AlixPartners employees.