Allied Healthcare International

Roger Ramsden

Good team Okay company

Former Employee - HCA
    Former Employee - HCA

I worked at Allied Healthcare International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

gained valuable experience by working in varied settings from Mental health to Care of the elderly it is a shame the new owners are focusing on home care.

Cons

Like all health care work the co-coordinators and management will take advantage of your good nature.

clear career paths maybe an increase in millage allowance would be nice

Service users were always bottom of the agenda

Former Employee - Care Worker in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Former Employee - Care Worker in Aberdeen, Scotland

I worked at Allied Healthcare International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Made good friends, flexible shifts to fit in with university, lovely service users

Cons

Poor management, promised pay rise which never happened!, no mileage, no travelling time, no support or empathy from office staff, not paid for training and lack of communication

Sort out all of the cons! If carers say they are unavailable for a shift - THEY ATE UNAVAILABLE. do not use emotional blackmail or harass them. Stop breaking promises regarding pay and mileage and treat staff like human beings rather than something on the bottom of your shoe!

Don't even go there

Former Employee - Care Assistant/Staff Nurse in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Care Assistant/Staff Nurse in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Allied Healthcare International

Pros

Flexible shifts, but if you don't do what shifts you want they make it hell for you.

Cons

Really pretentious and paranoid staff that use 'emotional' blackmail tactics if you refuse shifts, despite me being on my final exams in Nursing, they still took the hump because I wouldn't cover a certain shift ON THE DAY OF MY EXAM!!

Very poor management, and beware they give thepublic holiday shifts to people who are part of their little 'clique'

No ongoing support available, and training a lot to be desired.

Service Users always come FIRST!

Sending loners in to do jobs that are too dangerous, or just they are not trained to do unsupervised.

I worked here for 2 years, not once did I see a manager, or any other person from your HQ, or Care Commission.

No chance to progress if you are not part of their 'little clique'

Wages often wrong or late, which I have to spend all day to get sorted out.

Treat your carers and nurses with a little more contempt, they are the very foundation of your company, and sack everyone in that Glasgow office, they're useless!!

carer

Current Employee - Carer in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Carer in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None do not work for them, I have been a carer for many years and can say they Allied have led me up the garden path, after one week I was not happy with their lies and if you think the £8.00 something they are paying you is good then think again they take almost a pound of you for when you have holiday and dont get paid till the second week - always a week behind with payment this is to cover that , I was on £7.00 something but no petrol l fees paid for.

Cons

They say that you will cover a 5 mile radius but this is untrue, i was told to go somewhere on my first day alone 8 miles away and then to another place 12 miles away from my home. I then had to go back to and fro these two places 5 times I got home at 2 a.m. I left my home at 3.30 p.m. For 10 and a half hours I got paid for five hours work, thats if I get paid! I had worked earlier in the day too to places nearer but this was taking the p... my first day and given such a round unfamiliar to me and way out of my area I got lost was tearful and lost in the dark it was a nightmare and why I said I didnt want to work for them. They didnt give you enough or any time to get to calls and clients would say your late. It was a not as I expected and they dont tell you that most calls are for half an hour only!

Make sure you give time for carers to get to homes in time instead of always being late, I was in Tenterden at a certain time but had to be in Woodchurch the same time as left Tenterden. There was no travel time I would need a tardis to get there! Impossible expectactions you will have to put your foot down and put yourself in danger to get there on time and still be late . Also they should tell you places hard to get to i.e. caraven sites and places you cannot drive to, I got lost looking for addresses in the dark in alley-ways you could only walk too. Also we'll let you know if this person is there or not or still in hospital, ha they dont let you know they call you and say where are you and you have to tell them the place is empty? . I would say go and do the job yourself and see how it is is in the real world which is what was said to me when I said I was told you said I would only have to do a 5 mile radius! I was told when compalained we would like to give you what would be suitable but in the real wolrd this is what you have to do...

Care /support worker for 2 years

Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Hemel Hempstead, England
    Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Hemel Hempstead, England

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had wonderful working relationships, with both staff and customers.

Cons

As an experienced care worker I was horrified at the abuse and neglect I witnessed during my employment with Allied. Abuse and neglect I reported to management and senior management, only to find I was ignored and ridiculed, they simply didn't care or want to address issues raised. Zero hour contracts and their use by way of punishment and reward, blatant abuse of NMW regulations continually paying staff less by not paying for travel time and often no contribution for expenses mean staff turnover is huge. As good staff leave they are often replaced by people with little or no experience just to cope with demand, this is putting people up and down our country at risk of abuse and neglect in their own homes, I know because I have seen it! Allied are part of a huge private equity firm who seem run this country so not much chance of them moving away from care any time soon!

Improve terms and conditions to attract and retain quality staff. Respect staff and customers, and please do not continue to ignore abuse and neglect. One day you may find yourself requiring care and I am sure the standards currently provided will not be good enough for you and yours!

Office staff

Current Employee - Support Worker in Bury St Edmunds, England
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Bury St Edmunds, England

Pros

Rewarding job with lovely services users

Cons

The office staff really need to pay attention to what clients needs are, if they looked after the carers properly like they promise while training us, we wouldn't leave the company and the clients wouldn't have to deal with new carers all the time, they want to have the same 2 carers all the time, good job but company not so great

You need to learn how to communicate between office staff and listen to what the carers have to say, after all we are the ones dealing with disatisfidy clients due to office constantly messing up rotas

Horrible horrible company

Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Cardiff, Wales
    Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The clients are lovely, and so nice being able to support others with daily tasks that we take for granted.

Cons

Management are rude and unsupportive.
    Office staff don't listen, it's like talking to yourself.
    Complaints are ignored, leading to neglect!
    Have to make appointments to talk to office staff How is this a good supportive working environment?
    Staff lie to, your not asked to do something your told. Rotas are changed without even asking if it's ok.
    You harassed all the time when not in work!

Get people who actually care about clients and their carers. Not the rude unhelpful ones you have now.

Not a very nice company to work for treat the carers with no respect at all

Former Employee - Care and Support Worker in Abergavenny, Wales
    Former Employee - Care and Support Worker in Abergavenny, Wales

I worked at Allied Healthcare International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting new clients everyday and not stuck in one place

Cons

A lot of traveling wear and tear on the car long hrs gor very little pay

More organisation is needed in the office between staff and employers no communication at all as long as they got the calls covered the dont really care something needs to be done cause more + more employers are leaving

I worked as a care worker for a while shocking conditions in this day and age

Former Employee - Care in Dundee, Scotland
    Former Employee - Care in Dundee, Scotland

I worked at Allied Healthcare International (less than an year)

Pros

None what so ever manager was full of self importance with shocking attitude towards care staff. Promised it all delivered nothing .

Cons

Everything about the job was a con bad pay rate no fuel payments hours of work go from f/t to p/t no steady shifts but plenty when it suited office staff who if your face fitted appeared you got more work thanks but no thanks I'd rather clean toilets than work for this company ever .

Sort out office staff clearly friend based not a clue what there doing and always blaming everyone else very very unprofessional certainly no people skills .

Making me ill, Bullying, victimizing, intimidating company,

Current Employee - Omicillary in Halesworth, England
    Current Employee - Omicillary in Halesworth, England

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None what so ever, a ppalling

Cons

They dont give a dam about their customers or staff, all they are focused on is getting anyone and anybody to cover shifts. I have now been intimidated for the third time by Management, This will be the last time they bully me as i have a legal team involved, Stand up for yourselves that what i have to say,

Sort your selves out you nasty wicked people, call yourself a care agency, i wouldnt put you in charge of looking after vermin.