AlliedBarton

AlliedBarton Reviews

Updated 26 November 2014
Updated 26 November 2014
2.7

AlliedBarton Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Whitmore Jr.
Bill Whitmore Jr.

Pros
  • Depending on the location, it is decent pay for not having to work very hard (in 22 reviews)

• Current location is very easy work (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The account managers aren't very qualified to head some of the accounts (in 42 reviews)

• There is so much room for advancement that you can easily advance beyond your skill set (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Poor managment

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

The job was simple and the site was a pleasure to work at.

Cons

the hours were terrible. 12 hour shifts weekends and every holiday. No pay raises. Incompetent management with zero over site. I doubt my manager had a clue as to what my responsibilities entailed. I was disrespected by almost everyone in my branch office. I was just another number making money for the corporation.

Do your job and listen to your officers.

It's a GREAT low-paying, dead-end job! Your warm body is needed!

Current Employee - Security Officer in Columbia, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Columbia, SC (US)

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good initial training. Will pay a little more than minimum wage.

Cons

Terrible work-life. No vacation days for 1st year. Favoritism seems to determine promotions.

The hours are great. It's corporate that doesn't want to help their employees get overtime or pay increases; because supervisors, field supervisors and managers are real friends and dependable.

Current Employee - Healthcare security in San Fernando, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Healthcare security in San Fernando, CA (US)

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hours that you get are a lot in a hospital due to 5150 and baby watch and the supervisors and managers are real friends and dependable inside work and out of work there's check I would make 800 bucks a week after taxes and we get paid weekly

Cons

In hospitals human resources love to get security fired since security has an authority position human resources wants you to know that they have authority over you by getting you fired instead of giving you a verbal warning for honest mistakes that's for allied Barton's corporate and hospitals human resources

Give a break to security officers and give the right respect we deserve we're basically the bullet proof vest in the post you assign us to.

Good people very kind it cool

Current Employee - Security Officer (Unarmed)
    Current Employee - Security Officer (Unarmed)

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very kindness fun people and cool

Cons

I don't have problem call back been have

Great manger and patience Shshell did

All in all I'm very happy to be working here

Current Employee - Security Guard in Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I got lucky and landed a Monday through Friday day position, so they do exist. Perfect for a college student that needs a set schedule and time to study. I usually get plenty of overtime (more than I really want, but I do need). My client is one of the most understanding and level headed people I've ever met. My bosses at Allied are also very understanding and supportive of my education. I get paid vacation that I cash out at the end of the year, and since Obamacare standards have been applied to our health coverage, the benefits are pretty good.

Cons

I've been working here for four years and it doesn't look like a raise will ever be in sight. There is no where to move up to. I'm stuck in this position till I find a real job...

Keep up the good work. I harbor no ill feelings toward you for not being able to give me or my co workers raises. I understand that it's based off contract with the client and not seniority.

Overworked and Underpaid

I have been working at AlliedBarton (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement if you are dedicated and hard working. Office is diverse and benefits are fair. Great company values if they are carried through.

Cons

Training for regular employees should be more hands on with Manager and Supervisors. Poor training for remotely managed sites. Always a different face in the office. Managers are not constantly changing. Pay is subpar

Bonuses for office staff or monetary reward for extra assignments.

good place to work

I worked at AlliedBarton

Pros

nice environ to work in

Cons

people mgt need to step up

So-So,

Former Employee - Watch Commander in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Watch Commander in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Art Enviroment, constant change like a college

Cons

Disloyal Management, naive to some charismatic characters.

Investigate issues more thoroughly.

A good start to the security field

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My Account Manager was very easy to work with, it is a good place to learn security. I enjoyed going through the MSO programs on their training website to have a better understanding of how to handle different situations (i.e. potential safety hazards, crowd control, terrorism awareness, etc.). AlliedBarton helps motivate their employees and also rewards them if they truly stand out. Also one can gain many different experiences by working at more than one location.

Cons

What I would consider to be a cons is that AlliedBarton is very difficult to make a career. Unless you are patient and wait for a supervisor position to open up or an Account Manger position, you may want to be thinking ahead to your next steps in career advancement for other companies or career possibilities. The pay is better than many security companies that only pay minimum wage, but with that being said it is only on average $10.50 an hour. Also benefits are hard to come by and is often times not convenient for the officers as it can be expensive.

My advice to my Account Manager would be to keep up the positive motivation you give to the security officers. It was very easy working with him as he was a very amiable person to work for.

My Shift Supervisor is another story. He is the opposite of my Account Manager in that he is constantly high strung, impatient, and adds unnecessary stress to the workplace. The advice I would give to him would be to focus on being more optimistic and positive. Also he needs to build a bridge with his employees and help them feel they can improve without belittling them and give them nothing encouraging to go on.

Excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offer online training and certifications for employees to take advantage of at their own discretion.

Cons

No cons directly related to the job other than the sub-par Medical Benefits.

Continue to operate in the same manner.